Sunday, May 25, 2008

Turtle Rock!

Last Sunday after church I took Grayson and Hayden up to Turtle Rock. Eric was out of town for the weekend so it was just the boys and I. It was a very hot day, in the high 80s.
This place is so beautiful. It is a creek that leads to a big lake.
There are lots of big huge boulders that people jump off into a big huge swimming hole. In the summer this place is packed, but today it was just us. I felt really safe because there are houses right across the street and a busy road right across the creek.

Here the boys are on the highest point getting physced up to jump!

Hayden goes first................Geronimo!

You can see how far down it is!
Grayson waited a little longer until he was ready.
Still think'n.
Do you blame him for waiting until he's ready?

One, two, three.................whoaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Brrrrr that water is cold!
Now for the climb back up to the top.
Hayden said, "Mom, take a picture of me and I'll look right at you". So I did and it turned out pretty cool huh!!!! His picture turned out so good, so I thought I would have him take a picture of me doing the same thing! See below what a young, athletic and brave mom I am........................

Wait for it.......................

Wait for it........................




Hang ten dudes!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha isn't that funny!!!

Have a great day today!

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

God Bless you today!

~ Sharon





9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Sharon, you are too funny! What muscular arms you have!
Michelle

linda said...

How cute is that!?!

Thanks for the adorable post...I was smiling the whole time I was reading it...then burst out lauging with your surprise...too funny!

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHARON!!!! you ALWAYS crack me up!!


:) :) smiles
candy

Feathering My Nest said...

This is so funny Sharon!!! How'd you do it? I hope you are having a blast camping. Love ya, Kathi

luvmy4sons said...

LOL1 Okay. You are a riot! Obviously you have the same disease I have caused by WAY too much time with WAY too much testosterone! LOL!

Brenda said...

Looks like a great time. Fun with the boys.

Lille meg said...

Beautiful photos, again! Thank you for sharing.

Mary said...

Sharon,

This is a beautiful spot. I'm glad you have fun with Grayson and Hayden there. I can't believe that you jumped off there. You go girl!

If you get a chance drop over to my Writing Nook and scroll down to see photos of the nature walk that the boys and I took. I know you will enjoy it.

Blessings,
Mary

Sharon said...

It has come to my attention that a few people out there thought that I really did jump off the cliff. For the record, I DID NOT jump! That is a doctored up picture! I cut and pasted a picture of my head and put it on Hayden's body and drew a black shirt on. It is a complete fake picture!!!! I did it purely for laughs!

Hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...