Saturday, May 17, 2008

State Track Meet

Grayson had his Track and Field State Championship meet yesterday. My husband could not make it because he was out of town, but my father was able to come with us and cheer on Grayson. We had such a great drive up to the meet and had such fun together.

As I was sitting there with my father I was remembering that just 14 months ago he had a major cerebral hemorrhage and was bed ridden very close to death (click here to read the story). You are looking at a miracle! He walked all the way into the stadium, up all the bleachers and maneuvered all around that place perfectly! His memory is back and he talks well and does everything the same, he just has a little deficit with some remaining numbness on his right side and walks just a little different. God healed him and we give God the glory!
Hayden brought his friend Corbin and they had a great time. It was so hot. It got up to 90 degrees! We were blessed with seats in the shade and managed to stay pretty cool. The athletes all seemed to have stayed cool too. They were handing out water to the athletes and having them rest in pop up tents.
Grayson came over to say hello to us before his race. He was getting nervous. I was a bundle of nerves! My stomach had so many butterflies in it! Right before Grayson's race started, my sweet Daddy took my hand and said lets pray for Grayson and he said the most beautiful prayer over him, it comforted me so much!

Grayson watching the 100 meter dash and getting mentally prepared for his race, the 400 meter dash.
Here he is shaking hands with the other guys in his heat before their race. I love the sportsmenship of it.
Oh my gosh, I was so nervous right here, I was just praying for my son.
He was holding his own, coming in third around the corner.

But at the last little bit, he got beat out and took 4th in his heat. We thought he made it to the finals for a couple of hours, but later learned that he didn't make it by 1/90th of a second.

Here is is completely exhausted and so hot after his race. I was soooo proud of him. He ran a very good race. He is okay with not making it to the finals which will be tomorrow. He is proud that he is the 9th fastest kid in the state.

On the way home we stopped at McDonald's for dinner and ice cream (Grayson stayed with the team and they rode the bus home). Here's a picture of Hayden with his Grandpa Leonard. I am glad that we were there to support Grayson. I am glad to have had this really fun day with my Dad and with Hayden as we cheered on Grayson.

My Dad said he had such a great day, the sun was shinning and he got to see a big track meet and see his daughter and grandsons. Also, when we drove up to the University where the meet was held, we took the old scenic route and it was such a beautiful drive. We were out in the country where there were so many agricultural fields and we saw lots of cows, sheep and horses. My Dad used to be a semi truck driver and he hauled forest byproducts. He was a trucker for 47 years with the same company and he drove that route at least once a week, so it gave him really good memories and he had tons of stories for us! It's neat when you get together to do one thing, like go to Grayson's track meet and it turns into another sweet family memory all together!


Grayson's friend Garrett took third in the 100 meter high hurdles and gets to move on to the finals tomorrow. We are really happy for Garrett and hope he does well tomorrow. I am so thankful that Grayson had this opportunity and I am thankful that he is okay with how it ended. He has so many other interests, his life is well rounded and balanced. He is already on to his next project......building a bike ramp that goes into a pond......sssweeeetttt!


Thank you for your prayers and well wishes for him! I really appreciate it.

Before Grayson left for the track meet in the morning, I wrote him a little note and tucked it in with his lunch. I wanted to encourage him and I told him how very proud I was of him. I gave him three scriptures for the day and this was one of them.........

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary." Isaiah 40:29-30

Have a great weekend!

Love, Sharon

10 comments:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hi Sharon,
I have to tell you that I read your blog every day, sometimes twice. You have an awesome family. I love to read about your adventures. Keep up the good work. You are an awesome mom. Have a great day. Pam

luvmy4sons said...

What an awesome day. You must be mighty proud!

Mary said...

Sharon,

Grayson did AWESOME! He should be proud of himself for being the 9th fastest runner in the state. Please tell him that I'm proud of him for putting forth his best effort and best of all he is okay with the end result. Go Grayson!

I can see where you got your beautiful smile. Your Dad has that same smile and the eyes are very similar as well.

I'm glad your family had such a terrific day. Fond memories were made.

Love and blessings,
Mary

A Romantic Porch said...

I'm so proud of you and your sons. You sound like an awesome mom!xoRachel

cherished*vintage said...

Congrats to Grayson! 9th in state is wonderful. Can't wait to see the bike ramp into the pond!
-Karoline

Brenda said...

I am still very proud he made it that far and that your dad could be there to watch and sit with you.

Ruthie said...

How sweet to post those scriptures in his lunch. He is blessed to have you for a mom.
And it's nice the grandfather could be there to cheer him on, too. I'm sure that was special for both of them.
Hugs.

Michelle said...

You are so blessed to have your parents. What a miracle you had with the healing of your dad. I admire the way your family lives through Christ. What a testimony, and what a blessing! You should be very proud.
Michelle

Michelle said...

Way to go, Grayson!!! I'm glad all of you enjoyed a wonderful time together! I always enjoy seeing pictures and reading about your adventures :) Hope you have an awesome start to this week!

Blessings :)
Michelle

Jaderocks said...

Grayson should be so proud of himself and I'm sure your whole family is just bursting with pride at how good he did. I love the picture of you with your dad. What a wonderful day.
Roxy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...