Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pray for this family


I don't know if all of you have heard the tragic news about Steven Curtis Chapman's family, it is just so terribly sad. One of his son's accidentally ran over one of their little girls and she died (click here to read the story). My heart and prayers go out to their family. God has used his voice for His glory and has he has touched so many lives with his songs and lyrics. I just want to lift him up in prayer.


"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in Your word." Psalm 138:7


We did get some good news about our blogger friend Michelle at Treasure The Moment, her son was in a bad car accident and we found out today that he is going to be okay. Thank you Lord for this.

7 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, This is so sad. I can't even imagine the pain they are going through. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will be praying. Love, Kathi

Kelley said...

I just heard today about Stephen Curtis Chapman...a tragic, heartbreaking story.
His family is in my prayers!
What wonderful news about your friend's son...
Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend!

Denise said...

I read about that yesterday on the Chrisma web site...... such a sad tragedy...... I love his music and have listened for years...... God in His wisdom knows how to minister to this family ..and we can pray......... thanks for posting this.......... I should have thought about it yesterday..... I must have had a senior moment..........

linda said...

I read about this tragedy yesterday and have been dutifully praying for the family ever since. I just keept telling myself that God is in control and he has a plan.

Thank goodness that Michelle's son is ok...our God is a loving God and one that hears...and answers our prayers!

luvmy4sons said...

Been praying. Our family has been listening to him for years. I can't imagine their pain. May Jesus cover them now and give them the comfort and peace only He can give!

Daughter of the King said...

I heard about this and it is so sad.
and I too have been praying for Michelle.....
Deby

Kim said...

Each time I see the story on the news I just tear up. To have this double tragedy is so heart wretching. One the lose of their daughter and the guilty the son must be feeling over this accident.
I pray that God will use the family to show the world what a difference Christ in their lives means during times like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...