Saturday, May 3, 2008

Orange Fluffy Salad

I wanted to share with you the salad recipe that I made for the 8th grade formal dinner. This is one of my all time favorite salads; my mother gave it to me. It is so delicious and so easy to make. It has only five ingredients. I always double the recipe, so I used a 16 oz cottage cheese, 16 oz Cool Whip, 2 small cans of mandarin oranges (well drained), 6 bananas and 2 small boxes of orange jello. Notice how all my products are the off brand! Well, it saves me money and I cannot tell the difference in taste! Perfect for a girl on a budget!
First you simply pour the cottage cheese in a bowl and add the Cool Whip.
You add the jello and mix it all in until well blended.
Then you fold in the mandarin oranges and bananas.

Stir until fruit is completely blended in.
Put it in a pretty bowl and serve! Note - it is recommended to make this salad just a few hours before your event because the bananas do turn a little brown even if in the fridge after a day. This is so easy on your stomach and is really delicious for breakfast too! My kids love it! You could experiment with it and try adding strawberries and using strawberry flavored jello or whatever you can imagine! Enjoy!

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

Love, Sharon

4 comments:

Sondra said...

This looks yummy! This would be gluten free for me as long as I used Rediwhip instead of Coolwhip. I am going to try it.

Linda said...

This is a great recipe! Easy to put together, looks so refreshing and delish....could you maybe even serve as a dessert? Yummy. Hugs, Linda

Daughter of the King said...

yummmmm...I have had a version of this,,,this one sounds better..
Deby

Feathering My Nest said...

I love this dessert! Thanks so much for posting the recipe. Yummy Yum. Hugs, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...