Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Day

I had such a delightful mother's day! It started with me waking up and there was a dozen beautiful red roses sitting on the counter for me along with a beautiful card from my sweet husband. I was so thrilled and so touched that he remembered!
Later we went to church and Cameron drove down to join us. The message was so good and I received a beautiful yellow rose. After church we all went out to breakfast.
It was a very nice and relaxing meal. We had a lot of laughs too!
Here's Cameron and I at home. He had to scoot to go to work. I have gotten used to seeing my kids in increments and kind of in shifts. One walks in while the other walks out. Sometimes it's hard on a mom. Grayson had to go to work too, so Eric, Hayden and I went to the movies. We saw Letherheads, which was a cute movie. It is so weird to me to have a "family" event and only have one child with us. I still need to value and love these times though because these times are still really special to be with Hayden.
After the movies Kenzie and Brittany came over for pizza and we rented Juno. That was a pretty good movie, rough around the edges, but a positive pro-life story. I am kicking myself for not getting pictures of Grayson and Hayden and I or a picture of Brittany and I.
Here's the nice gifts and cards they gave me. I feel so loved and so blessed!
This gift was one that touched me the most. My sister Kathi did a post on her blog about fairy lamps (click here to see) and I started shamefully coveting her lamps. Brittany heard me say how much I admired Kathi's lamps and I said that I would love a red one. She told me that she searched high and low at all the thrift stores in town and couldn't find one and so she finally went on eBay and found me one! I think that is just the sweetest thing!

Isn't it pretty! I just love it. What I love more though is that my future daughter-in-law was so thoughtful and went to all that trouble for me. It really, really touched me! She reads my blog, so Brittany....I want to tell you thank you sooooo much and I want you to know how much I love you!

I do feel so very blessed with my beautiful children and I am so thankful to God every day for them.

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord" Psalm 127:3

Love, Sharon

21 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

My dear sweet friend
YOU are BLESSED and YOU deserve it
you are an angel in my book!!!

and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fairy Lamp..
Brittany is AWESOME..
teehee
Praying with you for all the loss
we have had on this planet Earth lately

love you!!!
deena

Mardell said...

Beautiful family.
Beautiful Mother.
Beautiful day.

It just doesn't get any better than that! :o)

The fairy lamp is gorgeous ~ how totally sweet of Brittany!

Daughter of the King said...

Oh I love these lamps too...I am on the lookout..what a blessing to have a future DIL to love and know you so well already...
You are a blessing, Sharon
Deby

Liz said...

How nice. You have such a sweet family!

happy@home said...

Hi Sharon,
I love to read your blog and it is one of the 1st I look at every day.
I'm glad that you had such a nice Mother's Day. You seem like such a sweet lady and wonderful Mother.
I have 2 sons and I particularly enjoy reading about the times you share with your boys.

Kim

linda said...

Sharon, it sounds like your day was wonderful from start to finish!

I certainly know what you mean about seeing your kids in increments...the older they get, the less you see them...sad, but an unfortunate fact. I was only able to see my handsome son for about an hour on mother's day...he had to work (sad that he had to work yet sooo proud of the work ethic he has developed!)

I love the lamp and need to look into those...I'll have to read Kathi's post on it.

It's wonderful that you have a great relationship with Brittany. I have been praying for years for my future son/daughter-in-law(there is no futures in sight yet but I've been praying for them since my kids were in elementary school!) I can't wait to see how the Lord answers my prayers of all these years!

Donna Kay said...

Sharon - looks like you had a great Mother's Day - I loved looking at the "not used" photos - now I know I am not the only one that takes thousands of pictures trying to get one good one!!!!
I love the Fairy Lamp - I have not see those before - and I do love RED!!!
Bless...
Donna

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Your day was perfect! Love the fairy lamp! :)

luvmy4sons said...

You have an awesome group of guys there! Such a blessing! And my heart too goes out to all those recent victims of natural disasters around the world. God have mercy. Christ have mercy!

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, Your fairy lamp is so pretty. She found you such a gorgeous color. What a lovely Mother's Day you had, and such a sweet new future daughter in law to make it that much better. I love this picture of you and Eric.

Love ya, Kathi

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I don't see a place to leave a comment on your China post. I am sooooo sad for these people. This is so sad. I am glad you posted about it. I will pray too. These people are suffering so greatly. We have no idea. Love, Kathi

BittersweetPunkin said...

I am so glad you had a lovely Mother's Day Sharon...and I adore your fairy lamp!
Hugs,
Robin

Laura said...

Sweet girl! She made me tear up! Glad you had a good mother's day.

A Heart at Peace said...

What a fun person you are! I don't know you, yet I feel like I do! You are a great mom and I can just sense the Holy Spirit working through you. Thanks for putting yourself out there for all of us to see. You are a great encourager! Hugs Mary-Lou
See my website at http://aheartatpeace.servingwithjoy.com

Sharon said...

Dear Kim,

Welcome to Rose of Sharon! I am so glad that you left a comment! I am so happy that you enjoy my blog. How old are your boys? I hope that you had a great mother's day too!

Hugs, Sharon

Sharon said...

Mardell.....you are so sweet and kind as usual! I hope you had a fabulous mother's day too!

Love, Sharon

Ruthie said...

Such a nice blog about your special day. Isn't it wonderful to have our children grow up and become such neat people.
I am so sad for China - and my prayers are with them.
Hugs.

Jaderocks said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. I had a great day too. It is nice to be with family and just enjoy each other. Oh yeah, getting gifts is pretty good too.
Love your roses and new fairy lamp. I'm sure there are enough fairy lamps in the world for you and Kathi to both collect them.

nannykim said...

love those fairy lamps!! So sweet of her to find it for you!

happy@home said...

Hi Sharon,
I had a great Mother's Day (thanks for asking) and to answer your question my boys are 20 & 22. They both celebrated their b-days on May 10th. They were born on the same day.

Have a nice day.

Kim

jennifer said...

You are so right. It was wonderful of her to go through SO much effort to buy you a mother's day gift. You are getting a wonderful daughter.

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...