Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Day Off

I am a very busy person. Last Wednesday was my day off and I had my whole day planned, and it was full! I started it with my normal routine of getting up at 5:00, doing my Bible study, going on my 45 minute walk, hitting the showers, getting the boys up for school and tidying up the house. Then if you recall, I had to pack up all my china and crystal for Hayden's formal dinner, click here to read about it.

After that I went to the mall to meet Cameron and to get some shopping done. I took this picture as I was sitting in my car in front of JC Penny's waiting for Cameron, there he is, right on time, do you see his cute truck? Look right in the center above the red car and you will see his red truck and his big silver lights that he has on the top.
Here he comes bringing his tuxedo so that his younger brother, Grayson, can borrow it for the prom. Cameron made a very wise investment back when he was a senior and was going to the prom. The tuxedo shop we went to was going out of business and he could rent one for $100.00 or buy the whole thing for $150.00, he decided to buy it and he has not been sorry! He's so sweet and cute, he looks like he is right out of a commercial here!
I bought him his lunch at the food court.
We had a wonderful visit, albeit short. He had to get back to school. Do you like the diet food that I'm eating??? LOL!
After lunch with Cameron, I stayed at Penny's and shopped for an hour getting clothes for Eric, Grayson, Hayden and myself. Then I decided to swing by Goodwill. I still needed to find some napkin rings and a nice tablecloth for Hayden's formal dinner (which God totally blessed me, I found a beautiful burgundy tablecloth for $2.99 and 8 clear crystal looking napkin rings for .99 cents!). Guess who was in the parking lot walking into the Goodwill??? I parked right next to him.
It was my first born, Mackenzie! Isn't that funny! I trained them right! Both Kenzie and Cam love to go to the thrift stores, especially now that they are out on their own, they can get such bargains there! We both laughed when we saw each other! He looks like he is right out of a commercial too! We had a nice visit and shopped together. It was so fun! After Goodwill I had to race out to the school by 4:30 to see Hayden run in his track meet. I met Eric there and we watched as Hayden ran his two races. He ran the 4x100 relay and they took 3rd place.
Then he ran the 400 and he took first place!
He was so tired, but so happy! He found out that he got 102.5, which is a new personal best for him!
I am so proud of him! I am so proud of all my sons!
Now, I need to head home, stop at the store first and then stop and get gas. When I got to the gas station, guess who was working? Yep, Grayson! He just started his shift. After getting gas, I headed home and made dinner and took care of more things at home. Wow, what a busy day, but you know, this is pretty much how it is for me all the time. I think I am just in a very busy season of my life.

It is so fun to see all my kids today. I remember my mother telling me that after all of us kids moved out that she loved it when she either saw all of us or talked to us on the phone and how happy that made her. I would call her and she would say "oh, its so nice to hear your voice, now I have talked with all my kids today." I had no idea at the time how she really felt, but now I can totally relate!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Love, Sharon

13 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

What sweet blessings your boys are!! I am so happy you got to see all of them. They are all so handsome and fun to be around.

You and I are truly very busy. It is amazing all the things we must get done in a day. It's so good that you start your day with Bible and prayer (me too), and spend the day relying on the Lord, and thanking Him as he gives little blessings all day long.

I love you. I am still sick!!! I stayed home from church. I am just fine, but I'm feeling somber as many of my friends have cancer. I drove past my friend's house from church, and saw all these beautiful plants on her porch, and it dawned on me that this meant her mother-in-law, had passed away. I had missed church last week, and didn't hear the news. I'm leaving my post up today again,and maybe tomorrow. I just kinda don't feel like changing it yet. Love, Kathi

A Romantic Porch said...

What a fun blessed day! xoRachel

Penless Thoughts said...

Hi Sharon, Please check your e-mail. I have sent you several about the 24/7 prayer group and haven't heard back from you!!!!!
Susan

linda said...

Even though you were busy, your day sounded perfectly wonderful...lunch with one son, shopping with another...I'd be in heaven too!

We pick my daughter up from college on Thursday so I will have both of my kids in the same town...at least for 5 weeks anyways. I can't wait!

luvmy4sons said...

Great looking boys! You are greatly blessed! And they are blessed by one great mom...that is obvious!

Cottage Contessa said...

Congratulations to Hayden! What a terrific athlete he is! Happy to hear that you had a lovely, though hectic, day off sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Your day off sounds perfect! I know exactly how you feel about seeing your children. My third daughter will be home Friday for a week. Then we are off to California. She'll be back to college after that. So I plan on enjoying every moment!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Phew, your days off are busy! However ~ *FUN!* Your sons are so handsome & have grown into fine young men. Congrats to Hayden ~ that's so cool. Love your "diet" food...I'll take Arby's any ol' day of the week!! :o)

Take care & have a happy Monday!
Hugs,
Mardell

Feathering My Nest said...

I love this song!!! I love you too. Kathi I'm doing my Bible study then planting flowers ~ perfect 3 hour break!!!

Julieann said...

You are so blessed---so wonderfully busy--and do you ever have a bad hair day...LOL:) You always look so pretty in your pictures:)

Julieann:)

Jan Parrish said...

Yes, I love it when I talk to the kids or 'run into them' though we live in different parts of town so we don't often run into each other.

Beautiful table cloth. I could use one just like that. :)

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! Yes, we are so proud and happy for Hayden for taking
1st place. Thank you for your sweet comments! Glad to have a felow Arby's lover in the group!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

:0) Sharon

Sharon said...

Thanks Kathi! I love this song too! I got this one and the next one down (Like a Star) from the new Nancy Drew movie! It was such a cute movie and had a great sound track!

:0) Love you! Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...