Friday, May 16, 2008

Mom to the rescue!!!

The other day, on my day off, I had just gotten back home after taking Hayden to school. The phone rang and it was Hayden, "Mom, can you please go up to my room and find my book and bring it to school, I forgot it and I really need it?"

I responded "Sure honey, I'll be right there, shall I just pull up to the front of the school?"

He said, "yes, thanks Mom."

So I grabbed the book and jumped in the van.
Just to add more interest and drama to the story, I took another picture of the book sitting in seat on the way there. Isn't that dramatic and interesting???!!!??? Here we are at the middle school and here comes Hayden running out to the van.


"Thanks so much Mom, I needed it, bye, I love you."

I responded, "Bye sweetie, I love you too, have a great day."

There he goes running off back to school. And I watch him until I can't see him any more and say one more prayer over my son, "Lord, please be with him today and give him a good day, help him to show Jesus in everything he says and does, please protect him and keep him near to you".

I am so happy to do these kinds of things for my kids. I do not do it begrudgingly. First of all they do not take advantage of me and do not make it a practice and they also really appreciate it. They are very responsible kids and once in a while they just forget, just like the rest of us do. It makes me feel wanted and needed and I just love doing it for them. I think they are so thankful because they have whatever the thing is they forgot, but it also shows them how much I care and that I love them.


Oh! There's the phone again, who could it be? As I was preparing this post, Hayden called again...........

"Mom, the school needs two pictures of me for the 8th grade graduation, one that is current and one when I was a baby, they need them today, can you bring some down?"

I reply,"Sure honey, I'll find two good pictures and I'll swing them by the school later this morning."

"Thanks, Mom, I love you".

"Good-bye Hayden, I love you too."


This is what moms do, they come to the rescue. They do it with very little attention or fanfare, but they are the heroes in the eyes of their children.

P.S. I hope you turned your speakers up and heard my theme song with this post (Aint No Mountain High Enough, by Diana Ross). I think it is how all mother's feel about their children (and when she says when our lips touch, you know I mean a loving mother kiss on the forehead or cheek!)

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38

Love & hugs, Sharon

16 comments:

Michelle said...

You are a beautiful, loving mother, and some of us just wish we could have had someone like you. It is because you live your life in and for the Lord. You are an inspiration to your children and to others too. Someone once said that how we live our lives for Jesus is important, because we may be the only bible anyone will ever read!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Michelle

Penless Thoughts said...

It's not so much what we do, but the attitude in which we do it. Your attitude is GREAT!!!
Susan

Michelle said...

Aw, you're such a wonderful mother, Sharon! I had to chuckle...sounds like a day in MY life! LOL Thankfully we don't live very far from the school :)

Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend, Sharon!

Blessings,
Michelle

luvmy4sons said...

What an awesome mom you are! Oh and yeah...the picture of the book on the empty seat had me on the edge of mine! VERY suspenseful! LOL!

linda said...

Sharon, this was a beautiful post and it really got me thinking...

I had days like yours many times over...but reflecting back, I just hope my attitude was as christ-like as yours!

You are a beautiful, unselfish woman and truly are an example for us all...thank you!

Jan said...

I know you didn't write this post in order to hear all of us tell you what an incredible mom you are.....but you are an incredible mom! : ) I remember those days of getting phone calls from the kids saying they'd forgotten this or that...and I didn't always respond with the grace and love that you do. Thank you for writing this post and reminding us how blessed we are to have our kids!
Jan

Linda said...

This is a perfect song for your post. I love being a mom.....even tho my daughter is grown I will always be there for her...no matter what. Hugs, Linda

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

You are such a blessing to your family and to us too! Have a lovely weekend and week. I am afraid I won't have time to comment while I am away.

Blessings,

Gina

Feathering My Nest said...

I love this post Sharon. It is something done with love and kindness with a great attitude. I like this post because this is a typical thing that would have been forgotten, but is now preserved by blogging. I want to do more of this kind of post because soon my children will be gone and I want to remember. You are such a good mother.

I love you, Kathi

Heather said...

What an awesome mom you are. This post almost brought tears to my eyes. I am sooo opposite of you when my kids forget something. Maybe it's because it happens so frequently in our home. I love your attitude and pray that the next time, mine will be like yours. I know the Bible says we aren't supposed to covet, but when your attitude is like Christ..I think it's OK :)

Love and Blessing my friend!!!!

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

This is so precious!♥

Brenda said...

I remember those days. Mine always called early in the morning before I was dressed. I used to get upset,but wow now those days would be great again!

Donna Lynn said...

Oh Sharon! I love your mothers heart...you are so sweet and a wonderful example to us all! Your children will have the sweet memories of how you were always there for them no matter what!
I love the picture of Haden with your puppy that is darling! I had to smile, you must have a Chrysler Mini Van? I have one with the identical key fob and key as you...also I don't keep huge amounts of keys on mine, or crazy key chains! Just my van key and the house key and the fob! :)
The Shriek Van Moms!

XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Kelli said...

What a wonderful post, Sharon! Your boys are blessed to have such a kind and caring mom!
Hugs,
Kelli

SweetAnnee said...

Your boys are so darn sweet..send them my way..better yet, come with
them and teach me to be like you my awesome friend..
Deena

Jaderocks said...

I would have done the same thing as you did, but I hope I would have been as sweet as you were about it. I have decided to work midnights so I can be home in the morning to take my son to school and see that I am the last thing he sees before I send him out into the world. It is those little chats that we have in the car on the way to and from school that really mean a lot because it is just the two of us. Those pictures you picked out for Hayden's school were just the sweetest. Your boys are very lucky to have you for their mother, but I'm sure they know that.
Roxy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...