Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama Mia!

Last weekend on Friday night Eric and I went out on a terrific date! His company treated us to dinner at a wonderful restaurant and then took us to see Mama Mia at our preforming arts center. We had to drive into the big city and it was a very romantic and fun evening.


We started our evening at this darling restaurant for cocktails and appetizers. There were about 30 people there and we had such a lovely buffet dinner.
When we were done eating we headed over to the Center for the Performing Arts. It is gorgeous building!
I was being really sneaky with my camera! I just felt uncomfortable taking pictures, but I did manage to get this picture of Eric walking into the Performing Arts Center.
This is what it looked like when we walked it. It is huge inside and it is so beautiful!
We had excellent seats. We were in the orchestra section just 14 rows back in the dead center. The sound was phenomenal. This is such a great play. The story is about a young girl ready to be married. She lives with her mother and never knew her father. There was a possibility of three different men that could be her father, so she sent them all an invitation to her wedding. It is a comedy and it is really cute.

I do not like this picture, but it is the only one that I took of us. This was at the intermission. We enjoyed the show so much!!!
The whole story is based on songs by Abba, that fun pop group from the 70s. The music is so amazing! Turn up your speakers and listen to one of their best songs, Waterloo, playing on my play list.
The crowd really got into it at the finale. You can see everyone in front of us standing. We were standing and clapping too, it was awesome! Afterwards, I had that feeling you get after you have been on a wild ride at Disneyland, it was invigorating and rejuvenating! I loved it!
I am so excited because they are making this play into a movie and Meryl Streep is staring in it! It is coming out this summer. Pierce Brosnan is in it too. I am sure it will be very good. It was so fun to go on this wonderful date with my hubby! We had such a great night!

Happy Monday!

"The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad!" Psalm 126:3

~ Sharon

14 comments:

Mardell said...

Good afternoon Sharon! What a fun date you & Eric had! And I love ABBA ~ I remember listening to them (love the 70's music!)

I also want to comment on your beautiful Mother's Day tribute to your Mom & MIL ~ so very sweet. :o)
Lovely pictures (as always!)

Hope you're having a great Monday so far.
Hugs,
Mardell

Penless Thoughts said...

Sharon, Please check your e-mails for an invitation to the new prayer blog!!! Thanks!!
Susan

Jan said...

What a fun night! The play looks like it would be fun! My sister saw it in Las Vegas. She lives there and is blessed to have friends who get comped tickets! How fun is that!?
Glad you had a wonderful time and the pictures are very good!!

Jan

A Pretty Home said...

you 2 are so cute! :)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Your evening sounds delightful! I have heard of Mama Mia. I think that is playing on Broadway here. My husband loves to go to play. I enjoy it too but he loves it more.

Love Meryl Streep. I will be looking forward to seeing this movie!

Gina

luvmy4sons said...

What great fun! So glad you had a good time. I plan on seeing this movie. It looks funny. Great pics! I think you looked wonderful!

Feathering My Nest said...

Oh Sharon, What fun and what romance!! I feel like I got to go along with you. I'm so happy you got to go on such a fun date with your hubby. I wanna see that movie. Shall we go together? Why not invite all our blogging friends to see it in their own town on the same night, then we could all blog about it the next day? I love you, Kathi

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

Looks and sounds like great fun! I'm glad you got a chance to go!☺

Sondra said...

That is a beautiful building. You guys must have had a blast. I really don't think I could get my husband to go to a show like that . You lucky girl :)

Ruthie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful evening! Glad you could do that.
Smiles.

Sharon said...

Thank you Mardell! We had a wonderful time! Also, I am truly thankful for my two mothers! I hope you had a happy mother's day!

:0) Sharon

linda said...

I loved Mamma Mia!!

So glad you enjoyed it and with your sweet date too!

I didn't know they are making it into a movie...I can't wait!

Kelly said...

What a great time! It has been years since I have actually been on a date with my Husband, I am too embarassed to mention how many
:(
But you two are so lovely! I am sure you will remember it always!

Love,
Kelly

Jaderocks said...

I love going to the theatre. Your evening looks like it was so much fun. I've heard it is a great show. So glad you and Eric get to have time to yourselves with your busy schedules we all need that.
Roxy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...