Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



Me and my beautiful mother, Shirley, summer of 1989 at my brother's wedding (Sharon 28, Shirley 52)



Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you so much! I was so blessed by God to be born to such a wonderful mother. Thank you for everything, everything, everything you have done for me! Thank you for caring so much about me and for teaching me so many things.

You did so many things right like listening to me so intently and by talking with me so deeply about really important things. When I had my babies I had no idea how to take care of them. You taught me everything about taking care of them from changing diapers, to feeding them, but the best gift, I think was you taught me how to really love them and hold them with such love and how to talk with them from the time they were tiny in such a loving way.

You are such an excellent cook and a great baker!!! I copied so much from you! Thank you for being such a beautiful and glamorous mom too! I was always so proud of my beautiful mother! Thank you for raising me to love the Lord! Thank you for you and Daddy taking me to church every Sunday and for raising me in a Christ centered home. Thank you for showing me how to take care of my husband by your example. Thank you for praying for me and my family every day. I love you so much Mom!!!

Me and my beautiful mother-in-law, Alice, summer of 1987


(Sharon 26, Alice 51)



Dear Alice, happy mother's day to you!! Thank you so very much for being my second mom! You have been such a delightful mother-in-law. I never understood all those silly mother-in-law jokes that depict the MIL in such a negative way. I never experienced any of that with you. You have embraced me into your life with open arms and I love you for that!

Thank you for showing me so much about entertaining and self sacrifice. You are an excellent cook and you are so good at entertaining and making your guests feel so special. You make everything fun! You have always been so active with working, playing, volunteering, continuing to learn, traveling, etc. You are an excellent role model.

Thank you for being so supportive of our kids while they were growing up and by going to so many of their activities. Thank you for your prayers over me and my family everyday. My life has truly been blessed by you being in it and I love you so much! I have gleaned so much from you and still learn from you!

Cameron, Mackenzie, Sharon holding Hayden, and Grayson, Summer 1994



(Sharon 33, Mackenzie 10, Cameron 8, Grayson 4, Hayden 10 months)



Now I am the mother and I hope I am doing a good job. Being a mom has been the best role I have ever played in my life. I LOVE IT! There is so much joy in being a mom. I take my role as wife and mother so serious. It is up to me (and Eric) to raise these little boys into men of God who are healthy, happy and productive citizens! I cannot rest until my job is done! I pray that I can be the Proverbs 31 woman. I pray that one day my kids will rise up and call me blessed! I am so thankful to God for my two mom's and that I got to be a mother to my four beautiful sons. Life is really good!

A Mother's Love


There are times when only a Mother's love


Can understand our tears,



Can soothe our disappointments



And calm all of our fears.



There are times when only a Mother's love



Can share the joy we feel



When something we've dreamed about



Quite suddenly is real.



There are times when only a Mother's faith



Can help us on life's way



And inspire in us the confidence



We need from day to day.



For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith



And a Mother's steadfast love



Were fashioned by the Angels



And sent from God above...



- Author Unknown.



Happy mother's day to all of you out there in blogland too!



"When good people pray, the Lord listens." Proverbs 15:29

In Him ~ Sharon

19 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, It is funny that we both used the same picture of Mom from Wade's wedding. You are such a good mother. I have learned so much about mothering from Mom, Kelli, and you. I praise God for a godly heritage. Have a Happy Mother's Day. It sounds like yours is jam packed with fun and activity. We went out to dinner last night, so we will stay home today. After church we will celebrate and I'll open some little gifts from everyone.

I love you, Kathi

Mary said...

Sharon,

A beautiful tribute to your mother and mother-in-law. They both sound like wonderful women. I know you are a great mother as well.

Take care and have Happy Mother's Day, my friend.

Blessings,
Mary

luvmy4sons said...

Sound as if you are greatly blessed by a wonderful mother. I hope you had a wonderful day. From one mother of four sons to another...I hope it was good!

Barbara H. said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you've been doubly blessed in the Motherhood department! You and your mom look a lot alike.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Sharon!

Julieann said...

Beautiful tribute, my friend!

Happy Mother's Day!!

XO

Julieann

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

A beautiful post!

Happy Mother's Day sweet Sharon!♥

Kim said...

Sharon-
Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Mother's Day. You're sons are very lucky to have you as their mother, but also two very loving and involved grandmothers.

linda said...

What a lovely, heartfelt tribute to two very important women in your life. Yes, you have been blessed...just as your family is truly blessed by having you as their mother.

I, too am blessed with a godly mother and had an amazing mother-in-law that taught me so much also. Sharon, how very lucky were we to have second mothers that helped to shape our lives.


Like you, I hope and pray that my family will think of me as a Proverbs 31 woman as well.

Farm Chick Paula said...

A beautiful post, Sharon...
Thank you so much for stopping by my place- I just wanted to let you know I've enjoyed my visit here with you so much. I love your blog- I'll be back again!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Kelly said...

Sharon! I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Mothers Day!

Love,
Kelly

Kelli said...

Beautiful post, Sharon! Happy Mother's Day to you!
Hugs,
Kelli

A Romantic Porch said...

Happy Mother's Day beautiful one. Love,Rachel

Sondra said...

What a great tribute to your mother and your mother in law. I hope you had a wonderful mothers day!

Lille meg said...

Thank you so much for sharing this!
That poem was so beautiful.
We are lucky who has our mothers yet. My dear mother is now 92 years, and I still have her.
In Norway Mothers Day is in february.
Have a blessed day!

cherished*vintage said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I enjoy reading Kathi and your blogs - both of you are so inspiring!
-Karoline

Ruthie said...

How beautiful. Your Moms must be so proud of you!
Hugs.

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Sharon, I did not get to check the your post on Sunday, it was a busy day with the boys!
I really enjoyed it so much today, the pictures are so sweet...boy the 80's don't seem very long ago huh?
Your mother is just beautiful and so are you!
XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Jaderocks said...

What a lovely post to your Mother and Mother in law. All beautiful women. I love the picture of you with the boys at the beach, it's so cute.
Roxy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...