Thursday, May 1, 2008

Eric's birthday party!

Eric's birthday was on Tuesday and I thought I would show you how we celebrated it. He started out his day with going out for a nice breakfast with his co-worker, Ben. He also found a love note from me in his lunch box tucked away under his sandwich!

This is a little display I made for him in the kitchen. I started making a little birthday display for whomever has a birthday at our house. Now you can see why I bought my funny clown! I thought he would be perfect in the little display.

He seems right at home there wishing Eric a happy birthday!!!
I had Eric fill out the birthday survey (click here to read about the survey) and he requested BBQ baby back ribs, home baked BBQ beans, macaroni salad and he didn't want a cake, he wanted homemade oatmeal cookies.

Well, the plans all changed because I found out that I had to work on Tuesday, so HE had to make his own BBQ ribs and BBQ beans! I didn't have time to make cookies, so I made him birthday brownies with frosting. I made the macaroni salad and the brownies the night before. It is hard being a working mother, even if I am part-time, it is hard! I love my new job though because I was able to come home at lunch time and finish cleaning the house and setting the table, it was wonderful!!!

It is probably all good because he did such a great job on those ribs......oh my goodness they were to die for! Next year I will do the cooking!
The standard family pose at the dinner table! Except the birthday boy isn't smiling! I must have click a half a second before he smiled! I was so happy because all our kids were able to make it (including Brittany!)! We had a great time and a great meal!
Eric holding his birthday brownie while we sang happy birthday!
Somehow Cameron got hold of the camera and I found this picture that he took of himself on it the next morning! :0) You gotta love him!
Eric is so happy because he just opened all his presents and this was the last one. It is from Grayson and it is homemade (well, he made it at school). He welded it together and it is four canisters to hold his pencils and small tools out on his workbench. He got great gifts from all the boys. In the lower right corner you can see Hayden playing with our big huge rubber band ball that we started making about a year ago. Sometime I'll show it up close!

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!!!! Remember......practice small random acts of kindness!

The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad! Psalm 126:3

Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Linda said...

What a happy celebration. I really like the idea of the birthday display...your new little clown is just fun. Sharon, I love the way you make each of your loved ones feel extra special..and Eric's dinner looks so delicious. Happy May Day...hugs, Linda

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

The party looks like a blast! (I am ignoring the clowns!) And the food....... gosh..... looks so good! Everyone surely had a wonderful time!

Question: Did you frost your brownie cake?

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon!
Your birthday display is darling! That little clown fits right in, doesn't he? :o)

The food looks deeeelish! What a wonderful celebration. It's nice to see everyone's smiling faces! I love seeing the togetherness!

Hugs,
Mardell

Feathering My Nest said...

I love your cute clown display and also that you make each person feel so loved on his special day.

The food looks so good. Everyone is celebrating a great man.

I love you, Kathi

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

The birthday survey is a wonderful idea!

Now, you've done it...I'm drooling for ribs!!! Or any kind of good bbq which is lacking up here!

Have a great day!♥

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
What a great birthday celebration! I love birthdays at home, they are so special. The food looks so delicious, it makes me hungry just looking at it. I love the way you make every celebration very special. Happy birthday to your hubby!
Love, Velvia

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Sharon, That sounds like a perfect birthday. I sure would love the recipe for the ribs. They look yummy!! Terrie

Sondra said...

How neat that is to make a little display for the birthday person. You are so creative. The food all looks so wonderful. My boys get the camera and take random pictures too. Sometimes they are so funny. I am so glad you all had a wonderful celebration. I hope you are enjoying your new job.

Jan Parrish said...

Yummy. I made a turkey roast and mashed tonight because it is snowing here! Spring snows are great because they water the lawn. :)

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Sharon! The new clown is perfect for the birthday display! I think he's so cute. Oh how wonderful that everyone was able to be together to celebrate! Those ribs look so yummy, and now I'm thinking I've got to go make some baked beans soon. Can you tell I'm hungry...I better go get dinner ready. :o)
-Karoline

nannykim said...

I generally hate clowns, but I have to admit yours are adorable. Glad you had a nice celebration and the food looks great--it looks like the man knows how to do ribs!

Denise said...

I have to go now...... I am on a very very strick diet and those ribs just put me over........ I am a meat eater!!!!!!! I can leave the sweets and the taters but not the meat........ I am headed to the fridge to find meat!!!!!!!!!! but your pictures are great.!!!!

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh sweetie, what a wonderful birthday celebration your dear Eric had surrounded by all of those who love him most! You are just the sweetest wife and mother EVER!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

SweetAnnee said...

Happy Birthday to you Eric

Brenda said...

Such an awesome party. I love th way your family is always around that table. There will be a day when you and hubby will look back on those wonderful times.
Happy Birthday to your honey.

valerie said...

Hi Sharon,
I think we've "talked" before, but I got here today via my sweet friend Denises's blog.
What a sweet birthday celebration and such great pictures.
I think it's wonderful to make each person feel so special on his own birthday. You sound like a wonderful wife and mother. You have a lovely family.
And I have to agree with Denise....I can't look at those pictures b/c I've been trying to eat less of all those yummy things I like so much.
I'd love your macaroni salad recipe. I never make that, I don't think I ever have, but my husband loves it.
Have a great weekend.
Love,
Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...