Thursday, May 22, 2008

Can you guess what's going on?

Can you guess what in the world they are doing? Well, Eric went away last weekend for a golf tournament with his buddies. On the last day they went out to eat breakfast and when he backed out of his parking spot at the restaurant, he bumped into a pole.
It messed up his bumper!!! I felt so bad for him to end his fun weekend with such a disappointing thing. Luckily, it only made a small dent in the bumper, but it bent it down so the left side of the bumper looked like it was sagging.
Eric asked Grayson to help him. Eric's first idea was to put a big beam on it and hit it with a sledge hammer. That worked a little, but then Grayson had the idea of getting the jack out and putting blocks on it to cause pressure and force the bumper up.

In the middle of all of this Kenzie and Brittany showed up. They came over for our traditional Sunday night dinner and a movie. Here they are watching the amusing event. I think this is a cute picture of them.
They kept working on it and eventually, the bumper did raise up properly and it looks almost perfect!

I'm so thankful that my husband is so handy and clever! I'm thankful that his talents have worn off to our sons! They just saved us a lot of money! A new bumper could easily be over $1,000.00, but our insurance would have kicked in and we would probably have only paid $500.00, but then it goes against your insurance record and who wants to put $500.00 towards a new bumper? I'm really proud of them!


"All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God." Deuteronomy 28:2

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

nannykim said...

God is good. Glad they were able to fix it! Come to my blog and see how God has been answering prayers.

Kelley said...

Glad that they were able to get it fixed themselves...it does indeed save alot of money!

Someone pulled out of a parking space and made a scratch on the truck and I am sure that it will cost a small fortune to get that fixed!

Wishing you a blessed day!

Jaderocks said...

Poor Eric. It is great having such a handy husband I have one too. What a wonderful thing that Eric has taught your sons to be resourceful. The last time my washer broke I went out and even picked out a lovely new washer that I wanted, but once again my darling husband fixed it and it is running like new. Sometimes it is a curse if you are looking forward to a new washer. It is a great money saver having such a handy hubby and I would rather use that money for the family or something we want.

Feathering My Nest said...

You have so many handy and smart men around your house. Great minds think alike. I think it's just wonderful how God helped them to put it all back and save money. You have such a lovely family. Hugs, Kathi

Kelly said...

yep! for us it was $979.00! My husband was on the expressway and he hit something hard in the road and it messed up the front bumper but it also cracked something else below the bumper so we had to take it in. As a matter of fact we just had it repaired last weekend.

good for those guys for knowing how to repair it without taking it in, teamwork!!!!
My back is still out but I think I may try and have brandon gather the ingredients for those rolls and throw them in the bread machine!!!

linda said...

Good job guys!!

We would have been paying the $1000.00...hubby's not so handy!

linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
luvmy4sons said...

What an awesome family you have! Just awesome! What a blessing!

Penless Thoughts said...

Great job!!!!
Susan

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

I glad noone was hurt. It was a terrible thing that happened to the Steven Curtis Chapman family...I've posted about it if you haven't heard.

You are so blessed with a wonderful family!☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...