Sunday, April 20, 2008

Snow in the Spring



A WONDERLAND OF WHITE
by Sharon Ann Ormsbee Maxwell, 2008

Mere words can never quite
describe a winter wonderland
scene, where fresh falling snow
turns all of the trees to white, from
stately green.

Pine branches bow down, laden
with snow; it seems they realize
that God is sending this splendor to
show His glory from the skies!

Bare-branches, too, are bowed over,
like giant feathers - swinging to
and fro. Slowly they sway in the
winter wind, covered with pure white
snow . . .

Frost and fog add beauty to
nature's wonderland! I gaze in awe;
I cannot move; transfixed, I simply
stand!

I stand amazed; it is too much - this
beauty God has lent! My soul
rejoices; I can't describe the beauty
God has sent . . .


To be appreciated it must be
viewed with eyes that look and see!
Yet, even so, this can never
Compare to what God has in store
for even you and me!

"O Lord, our Sovereign,
how majestic is
Your name in all the earth!
You have set Your
glory above the heavens."
Psalm 8:1


We woke up to a half inch of
snow this morning!
It also snowed yesterday.
This is very unusual for Oregon!
We are excited if we get
snow every other year
in December or January,
but April 21st?
This is really different!
This is really amazing and fun
and it is a gift from God!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Love, Sharon

11 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Oh Sharon, you are so lovely not to be sad about the weather! I will try really hard today not to moan and whine about the cold nasty April we are having here in the pacific northwest...you have lifted my spirits today, thank you!
Hope your coming week is filled with Sonshine, even when we are having awful weather Jesus shines on...Bless you today, Donna Lynn

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

A very beautiful poem!
Enjoy whatever God sends your way!!

Many blessings! ♥

Jan Parrish said...

:) We had snow one day last week - 6" and it cleared by the end of the day. Spring in Colorado can be interesting. Today is the day of the family party so I must be off. Hugs to you!

Sondra said...

What a nice April surprise! We thought we would have some here the other day but it never happened. Now we will just jump right into summer heat here.

Cottage Contessa said...

How awesome is that snow?! Lucky you! Please send some my way ok sweetie? Beautiful poem! Have a wonderful start to the week Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Sharon, How interesting. Snow is such an amazing substance, but I hope we are finished with it for the season! Love,rachel

Simply Heart And Home said...

Oh my, snow again! Have you any flowers blooming yet? I hope they don't freeze their little buds off. Stay warm and cozy inside!

Gina

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Sharon! Your poem is so beautiful. I love snow too especially since we don't get it much up here either. I posted about our snow Saturday and was kind of complaining about it. Your poem touched my heart even though I'm pinning for spring sun.
-Karoline

Mardell said...

Good morning Sharon! Hopefully the snow has melted by now! We went right from Winter to Summer here in NY ~ it's been so HOT here! There wasn't any time to transition.

How did your last day of work go? Hopefully well! :o) Good luck with your new job ~ did you start today?

Have a great week!
Hugs ~

Sharon said...

Good morning Mardell! It's hard for me to believe that some states are already hot when we have this crazy cold weather!

Yes, I start my new job today! I will post a little later today about my last day.

Hope you have a great Monday!

:0) Sharon

Laura said...

Love the poem, but would hate the snow! YUCK!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...