Saturday, April 12, 2008

What I'm doing today

These boxes look innocent enough, don't they? This is my project for today. This is part of my four years of family photos that I need to sort through and put into albums.
I think there is a lot more there than it looks like in the picture. I am really hoping to get this done today. This is one of those jobs that you keep putting off because you think it is a big job and you don't want to do it, and then a year goes by and now you think it is even a bigger job, so you keep putting it off until in your mind you think it is a monster! I think that I have it in my head that it is a way bigger job than it is. It is just a matter of starting!

The next phase will be getting the photos off the computer and email them to Wal-Mart to get them printed. That will be a big job too! But I really need to get it done and I am determined!
It will be a fun job because it will bring back so many good memories. Here is a framed picture that I found in the box and I just had to share it! It is a picture of my darling hubby, Eric, holding a gihugic fish that he caught in Alaska! He caught this huge 60 pound King Salmon in Homer Alaska a couple of years ago. It was 50 inches long! He took a guys get a way trip to Alaska with some buddies and he stayed in a cabin. They charted a boat to go out in the ocean and he actually caught this beast! He is an excellent fisherman and we have fish all the time! Just this week he went fishing and he caught two big Steelhead salmon!

Okay, I got off subject there a little! I just hope that I can get these photos caught up. I'll keep track of how many hours it takes me and I'll take pictures. That's the beauty of blogging even doing something as mundane as catching up your photo albums is a photo opp!!! Wish me luck today that I will get this project done!


"If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks." Ecclesiastes 10:18


Happy weekend!

~ Sharon

13 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

I'm being smart about my diet. I kind of had to include the diet pills words for my writing opportunity. I try to take what I "have to" write about and include real life stuff to it to make it interesting. Oh well, it's a living! :)

My husband put all our photos on the computer (he often backs them up on files as not to lose them). I would be neck deep in photos otherwise. I hope you take a few breaks now and again to come up for air! :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Gina

Michelle said...

Hi Sharon ~ That's a nice pic of your hubby...can't believe how huge that fish is - WOW! Hopefully your project is going well for you :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Woman in the Tent said...

Hi,
Just ran across your blog for the first time. Good luck on the pictures and thanks for the reminder. I think I'm on 2001.
Laura

Mimi said...

my vote is that when you get started on all the fun reminiscing you will do good to get half-way through the pictures today...

Lilly said...

I love scrapbooking, and I've already completed two books full of pictures! =) Aren't pictures such lovely things?

But yeah, I know what you mean about the whole "big job" thing. I've been there many times. Lol! I do wish you good luck on organizing your photos today!

And, what a huge fish?! I've never seen anything like it! =D

But yeah, all the pictures in my books bring back SO many memories, and I'm very thankful for that. :)

Sondra said...

I had shown my pile of pictures once when I was planning on getting mine in order. Hasn't happened yet! That is a big job. Hope you get yours accomplished. Austin was very impressed with that big fish!

Kim said...

If you haven't printed your pictures you might want to e-mail to Target instead. Kodak picture gallery has a coupon with each order printed- 20 free prints. You must send them from target site, go to photo, then hit kodak gallery. Choose one hour pickup. With each order printed I have received a coupon which is good until May. I have been sending between 23-25 pictures and using a coupon, making me pay for 3 to 5 pictures. They are the same price as Wal-Mart and are still the same, if not higher quality. These are the 4x6 sizes.

I used this method when I printed over 200 pictures recently and only paid about $5.00. I did go back to the store a few times, but only when I had to run that way anyway. When I needed a larger print I sent that seperately and got extra coupons. I then gave some of my extra coupons to a friend who is struggling financially. She was able to print all her Christmas pictures for just a few dollars.
Happy scrapbooking!

Daughter of the King said...

Sharon...
You don't want to know about 37 years with of pictures in TWO huge rubbrmaid containers, do you....I know shame on my...

NOW that Salmon....oh yummmm....We grill it all the time here in our area...I love it...I can actually crave it...my Season Salt recipe I put on my blog recently is EXCELLANT on it...FYI

WE have a river in our town that once a year opens up for Salmon fishing.

and guess what ..we are having grilled salmon foor dinner tonight, my husband does the grilling..I do the side dishes...
I think when the Lord multiplied the fishes..it must have been salmon, what do you think?

Deby

Mary said...

Sharon,

I really need to get my photos sorted and organized as well. I have so many and haven't done anything with them for a long time. I'm not sure what to do with them, as I won't put them into albums anymore because most are not made of acid free materials. I have photos in albums from years back and they are deteriorating because of the acid in the albums and the protective covering.

Love the photo of you hubby with the monster of a fish. The largest I've ever caught was a large mouth bass that was 36 inches and that was a thrill. I can imagine how he loved catching that guy.

Blessings,
Mary

jennifer said...

Well I'm rpoud of you! It's a big job organizing photos. Hobby Lobby has wonderful photo boxes with dividers cards. I did the same thing several months ago and I was so proud of myself. The dividers REALLY helped with the project.

Have a great weekend Sharon.

Jennifer

Mimi said...

Hi,
it's Sunday morning and before I get ready for Church, I thought I would stop by and see if you finished the pictures, or if you were still sitting in the middle of the floor reminiscing as you come across a special picture that brought back memories! (smiles)
Love,
Mimi

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Sharon! Oh wow! That is one big king. We are so spoiled living on the west coast where we can get fresh salmon. I'm thankful to have a brother and uncle who share their catch with us! Have fun sorting pictures. Even though it's so time consuming, it really is fun reminising!
-Karoline

Jan Parrish said...

What a relief that I'm not the only one who is behind. (((h)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...