Saturday, April 5, 2008

Unwelcomed visitor!

Now that you've seen my pretty new bedroom, I wanted to show you what I found on my bedspread when I made the bed the other day! Grrrooossss!!!! I quickly grabbed a glass and caught him. I put him in a jar because I wanted the boys and my husband to see how big and gross he was! I thought they would think I was exaggerating, but I wasn't was I! Yuck!
Both Eric and I have mysterious bites that we got in the last week and I think it was from this critter. I am sorry to show this picture if it upsets anyone! It is kind of hard for me to look at. Ewey, yucky, gross! I know God made spiders and they have a great purpose, but why do they have to be so creepy? Also, can't they do their purpose outside and not in my bed????

Just so you know, I didn't kill him, I let him go, I released him in the drain out by the curb on the side of the street. No, I am not some great arachnidologist, I just couldn't stand to squash him and hear the sound and see the mess because he is so big. My rule for killing bugs is, if they are outside, in their own territory, they can live, but if they are in my house, in my territory, sorry dudes, it's astalavista baby!

"All things were created by Him and for Him and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:16

~ Sharon

15 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh my goodness...I don't blame you for being grossed out!
I live in a very old cottage and we have some spiders too...
Daddy LongLegs don't bother me but the kind that you showed do.
I am so glad that you caught it and I hope that it doesn't find it's way back into your house!
Wishing you a blessed Saturday!

Linda said...

I don't like uninvited guest either:). Have a great weekend! Hugs, Linda

Kim said...

Gross! When David finds frogs that he likes to make pets I have two rules. He must be the one to catch the bugs and worms and feed it and I will not be holding the frog.
I am glad that you and Eric no longer have to share your bed any longer.

In Christ,
Kim

Penless Thoughts said...

I would have squished him quickly!!!
Susan

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

I am with you on your bug/spider policy. Inside, their days are numbered. Splat!

Thank you for praying. I sent you an email about it.

Gina

Kelly said...

Ick! Nope, not a pleasant houseguest!

Randi Jo :) said...

Hey!! I meant to tell you I loved your new bedroom but never did! I love it though!!

Also --- this spider is just absolutely horrible - I can't believe he was in your bed!! I would have nightmares for weeks if I found him in mine. Bless you!

Have an awesome weekend! :)

The Apron Queen said...

You were nice to let it go. I woulda squished it!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Feathering My Nest said...

I'm with you Sharon! I freak out when I see them, but they are God's creatures. If they are in my house I squish. Love ya, Kathi

cherished*vintage said...

So how many times did you re-check your bed before you got back in? :o)
-Karoline

nannykim said...

That reminds me of what my daughter went through when she moved to NC. They rented a house for a while before buying one. The house they rented had been empty for quite some time and it was infested with all kinds of spiders!! They had to call in an exterminator. She hates spiders and this was kind of tramatic for her, but especially because she was concerned for her baby!! I don't mind them to much, but not in the BED--it is tooooo bad they bite! And it is too bad some are poisonous! She did have some black widows in her garage. She has moved and has a fixer upper now. ps, an Opossum just walked by where I am sitting!! I am outside in a porch area...yikes

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I tried to leave this comment on Sunday's post, but for some reason the comment page wouldn't come up. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I sent you an email because my comment was way too long to put here!
Love, Velvia
P.S. Do you remember that song from the 70's - I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes? That's the first thing that came to mind when I read this post. LOL

Sharon said...

Thank you everyone for your sympathy! He certainly was creepy!!! A couple of people have written to me with concern that he could have been a brown recluse spider, but I did some research and I don't believe he was one. Thank you for your concern though! Also, both my bite and my husband's have completely healed, so I think we will be okay. I just really hope that I don't find another hairy spider in my bed!!!!

Hugs, Sharon

Jan Parrish said...

Yuck. I spray every other month because I am highly allergic to bites. I had hives after ripping up Tim's carpet and discovered a bite on my back.

Dena ~ swaddlecottage said...

Oh yucky! I am now sitting on my feet as I type! My goodness that's a big spider!

Hugs,
Dena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...