Friday, April 18, 2008

Today is my last day!

This morning will be the last day that I go to work at this place! It is a hospital in the big city and I have been driving here for my job for the past 4 years. It has been a great experience working here, but I am so excited to start my new job in my own little town! I am so thankful that God provided me my job at the first place, He really created miracles for me and opened doors for me. One thing lead to another, and I got promoted and took different positions. I give Him all the glory! God knows what He is doing!
I thought I would show you what my mornings are like on the days I work. I have two alarms, the first one goes off at about 4:40 and I hit the snooze a few times. Then my clock radio goes off at 5:00. I keep it across the room, so I jump out of bed to turn it off and I don't go back to bed! I arrive in the kitchen at "O dark thirty". The first thing I do is turn on the heat and turn on a few of my "cozy" lamps.
Then I grab a cup of hot coffee! Mmmmmmmm coffeeeeeee!
Then I get all comfy and cozy and read my Bible and spend time with the Lord in prayer. I love my time with the Lord! It rejuvenates me and I just feel whole when I do this. Eric usually gets out of bed by this time and he grabs the sandwich that I made for his lunch and some coffee and off he goes to work after a kiss good-bye from me.
At 5:50 I change into my sweats and put on my coat and hat. I call my friend Shelly, who in turn calls Nicole for our morning walk. We all meet at a central point and walk 4 miles, which takes us 45 minutes. It is the best way to exercise! Great talk with the girls and the accountability makes me keep doing it! We do this three days a week and it is awesome! When I get back I wake up the boys and jump in the shower. After we get ready for the day, I take Hayden to school. Grayson is driving his own little truck now and often times he leaves early to either work at the gas station or he has student government meetings. Once in awhile Grayson takes Hayden to school, but they go to different schools.

On the days I drive Hayden to school I always pray over him on the way to school in the car. I have always done this with every one of my boys. We pray for our whole family and then I pray that God will protect them while they are at school and God will bless them with a good day and that my boys will say and do things that are pleasing to the Lord. This is a very good habit and I was so pleased when my older boys told me that they automatically pray when they start driving in the morning because we always did it when they were little!


It seems as though I am always running a tad bit late and I often grab something for breakfast and eat it in the car as I am commuting to work three days a week.


I would love to be able to stay home full time, but I do not have the option of staying home, so I make the best of it. I am listening to my husband and I feel like God blesses me for that. I am thankful that I get to work just part time. I enjoy working and getting out with people. I am proud that I am contributing to the good of the family by earning extra money and by getting the health benefits. I get a lot of fulfillment from my job and it makes me really appreciate the days I do get to stay home.
On this day I was right on time, at 8:02 AM I hit the pavement. It looks like a pretty day is starting.
Oops, a little rain, but that sunrise is gorgeous!


Keep driving just a little bit further and I will be at the bus stop.
Here I am, parked in the park and ride station that the bus offers. There's my bus stop, better run, don't want to miss that bus!

Here I am on the bus. This is one part of my job I will NOT miss! It was always so stressful to get there on time and not miss my bus. If I miss it, I have to wait ten minutes for the next one.


That's me on the bus. I'm happy because I made my bus!
Here is my little work station. Today will be the last day I sit here! I really love my job and love my little desk. It was just time to move on and I am thrilled to be working just two minutes from my home!
I have pictures of my hubby and our boys next to my computer and my coffee, and of course, I have a pretty, floral coffee cup!!
Here I am ready to answer the phones and schedule heart surgeries! It has been a great experience working for the cardiac surgeons and seeing how the surgery saves peoples lives! We have such wonderful patients that come in too. I have been blessed to work with such brilliant, yet humble people!
The best sight these eyes have seen all day! Home sweet home! Time to cook dinner and relax with the family! I will post next week on how my last day at work went.


Wish me luck, I start the new job on Monday!!!!


"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." Proverbs 14:23


Love, Sharon

18 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh I loved this post so much!!!! It is like I was right there with ya! Indeed it is a blessing to have this new position and new location so close to home! I cannot wait to hear how you felt being there your last day and how it feels to get up on Monday and know you do not have to take the bus etc, you will save on that plus gas! Great pictures, you have really made this blog a journal, I love that......it is all about keeping memories of the daily things you do. How great to look back on all this! Enjoy your weekend!!! Love ya!

Kelly

Joyfull said...

I also enjoyed this post! Felt like I was right there! I really liked your morning routine. It is great to get up early, enjoy coffee and the Lord! There are three or four ladies I walk with, but we have to do it in the evenings, mornings would be super, but not manageable right now. We also walk 4 miles, but it takes us about an hour- you must hustle! Hope that your last day goes well and that the new job will be a blessing.

Bax said...

I'm new to your blog and especially enjoyed your post today! It was so much fun joining you on your journey for the day! Don't you just love it when you can see how God has worked and how all of the things He's made possible just flow together! Outstanding!! : ) I know your knew job will be perfect!

Jan

Linda said...

Good morning Sharon! I really enjoyed this morning with you. You start your day in a very special way and then you are on the go non-stop. Your amazing! Have a happy last day and I sending happy wishes to you for your new job.I know you will be successful and an asset in your new job. Hugs, Linda

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I loved reading about your day. I will pray that your last day goes very well. I like seeing where you get on the bus. I've been on the cell phone with you several times while you were making that drive and waiting for the bus, and now I can see it. I can't wait to see your new surroundings. I love you, Kathi
PS I think I have that same floral cup!!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Bless your heart ~ you are an early bird! I love your cozy lamp. I posted my lamps on Show and Tell Friday today.

I hope your last day at work wasn't too sad. I hope your new job is everything you want it to be and more!

Blessings,
Gina

D said...

This is such a sweet blog. I have been going back and reading your archives. I have two boys, myself, and can totally relate to so many of the things you have been writing about. I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy it!!!

MyJourneyBack said...

Sharon what a neat post. Congratulations on your new job.
I'll pray you have a good weekend and a lovely day on Monday. I enjoyed spending the day with you through you post.
Have a Blessed Weekend.
Sherry

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your new job. I know you will love not having the long commute anymore!
Im lucky to work 2 mintues from home, we live and work all in the same town :)
Have a great weekend !!
Stephanie

Jaderocks said...

Thanks for sharing your morning routine. You are a busy woman. How nice that your new job will be saving you so much time commuting. Good Luck Monday! I'm sure you will be greatly missed at your old job but warmly welcomed at your new job. You are a kind and special woman and you show us all of that in your blog.

Rosemary said...

I recently found your blog ;) Good luck with the new job. Love your vintage salt and pepper shakers on the stove! What else do you collect? Rosemary

Donna Lynn said...

I loved your posts and your entire blog! I am so happy for you to be able to work closer to home, more time to be with your lovely family!
It was wonderful to read how you are faithful to pray for your entire family, I do the same as I walk each day...come visit my blog and read my older post about my son Justin and how God saved his life...blessings to you, Donna Lynn

Cottage Contessa said...

What a fabulous post, I loved it! It was excellent to be able to see your whole day, I felt like I was there with you! Good luck with the new job sweetie, and have a wonderful week!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Lille meg said...

I wish you good luck in your new job!
Yes, the Lord opens doors for us, and that is very good to see.
Thank you for sharing this post!
Have a blessed Sunday!

Sondra said...

I am so excited for you and your new job! I accepted the office job and I to will only have a 5 minute commute to work. That is such a blessing for both of us! I will be posting more about my new job soon.

jennifer said...

WOO! I'm tired after that long day. I think I'll go eat some chocolate and rest.

Jennifer

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, How neat that you feel free to tell about your day that way. I will pray for you on your new job tomorrow. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. Love,RAchel

Jan Parrish said...

Great post. I don't know how you do that so early. Ugh. I hope you get to sleep in a little bit longer for your new job. Thanks for sharing your last day with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...