Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Track Stars

Both of our younger sons are in track. They are both just loving it and both are really doing well with it! Above is a picture of Hayden right before his race. He was pumped up for it!
Above is a picture of Hayden at the starting line preparing to run the 400. He is standing next to one of his best friends, Aaron, there on his left. Dig the red shoes???
Here is is at the finish line! Look at him fly! I took this picture and was so pleased to see that I caught it just perfect when both of his feet were off the ground, so it does look like he is flying! You can see Eric standing on the other side of the track right behind Hayden. Hayden took 4th in this race. His all time record in the 400 is 104.99. Here is Grayson preparing to run his 4x100 relay race. I am so impressed with him because he knows exactly what he is doing with the whole track thing and how to set his starter blocks, etc. I wouldn't have a clue!

Here he is ready to take off. We teased him about his "faux hawk" hair cut that it is aerodynamic and helps him run faster!
This is him right after he took first place in the 400! He was so excited, but also so exhausted! He is 2nd in district in the 400! His record time in the 400 is 53.22 and in the 800 it's 209.9. He is a happy guy!
He made the local newspaper, the above picture was taken from the paper. We are so proud of both of these boys! Track is a great sport because even if they don't place in the race, they are still excited if they get a PR (personal record), so they really are in competition with their past record. It is a very easy going sport compared to basketball or football. My boys notice that the other athletes have such great sportsmanship too, which is really nice. We really enjoy watching our boys run.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." I Corinthians 9:24

Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Congratulations to your sons. Hooray!

My husband was on the track team in high school. He still loves to run! It is great exercise.

Me, I like to watch! :)

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! Congrats to your boys ~ you must be so proud! :o)

PS: I'll be sure to vote for Hayden (if a caveman can do it, then I certainly can! LOL)

Have a great Thursday!

Sharon said...

LOL Mardell! Thank you for your vote!!!!

I hope you have a great day!

Yes, we are very proud of the boys. The neat thing about track is even if they are last place, if they got a better time than they had the last time, they are happy and feel successful! I love it!

Hugs, Sharon

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I forgot to mention ~ it's no wonder your boys are in track. They need to keep in shape running from all the girls chasing them! :o) Such handsome young men!

Does Hayden graduate this year? My DD will in June.

PS: Going to an estate sale tomorrow & I can't wait. I'm on the hunt for treasures! This will be the 1st one of the year! Yay!

HUGS!

Heather said...

Hi Sharon,

What handsome young men you have! Fast, too:) Thanks for sharing this special part of their lives.

Keep runnin' that race boys!

Love and Hugs....

Kelli said...

Congratulations to your boys, Sharon! I love the action shots!
Hugs,
Kelli

Sharon said...

Mardell,

Grayson is a junior and will graduate next year and Hayden is in 8th grade and will start high school next year. Time sure does go fast! Enjoy your daughter's senior year! Have fun at your estate sale tomorrow too!!! Wish I could go with you!

We just got back from the doctor and now I am heading to work. I took Hayden to the dermatologist to have a look at his moles, he got a clean bill of health! Praise God!

See ya later! Sharon

Mardell said...

Ooops Sharon....I got your boys mixed up. Sorry! (BTW, I love their names.) I wish you could go with me too, tomorrow. I probably won't sleep tonight I'm so excited. I hope I won't be disappointed!

Glad everything went well with the Dr. Thank you Lord! \0/

Kelly said...

Sharon these pictures are incredible! They are both great sportsmen! With awesome hair!!!!!

Amy Ellen said...

Congrats, to your sons, How awesome. And they look like they are having fun to boot, which is terrific!!! Also that clown is pretty cute!! And you note cards to remember things, may I steal or borrow that please, ; )

I find that 34 has put me in a forgetful place!! LOL

AmyEllen

Anonymous said...

Cool music accompaniment!

Have a great day!

Feathering My Nest said...

What a great sport. I hope all my kids will participate in the future. Harrison is new at public school and really needs to focus on academics. Next year maybe he can get into it. I'm proud of your boys and how hard they try and how well they do. Good job boys.

Love,Sister and Aunt Kathi

Jaderocks said...

I'm sure you are so proud of your boys. Fast and Handsome. How exciting watching them at their meets. You have taken some great pictures that I'm sure everyone will cherish for years to come. Kids do grow up so fast, but you just have to enjoy today. How are the lizards doing?

Sondra said...

Wow Sharon your boys are involed in so many different things. I know you are so proud of them. Stop by and see what is going on in my world. Your clown is so cute! I think it is funny how you made it clear that you do not want to collect clowns. You know someone will try to get one for you! LOL!

Brenda said...

I love track. April used to run crosscountry. I miss those days.

Jan Parrish said...

I think Hayden's shoes have wings on them. :) Great job.

Excellent Grayson. Love the faux hawk.

Track is a great sport. Sure beats video game playing!

Cottage Contessa said...

How awesome! Congratulations to both the boys! I can see why you are so proud of your men Sharon! Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...