Monday, April 21, 2008

Moving out and moving up!


Today is a big day for me! It's my first day at my new job! I am so excited about it! I will post about it in the next week or two after I get settled.

I cleaned out my desk from my old job! How embarrassing, look at how much stuff I took to work! I didn't realize how much junk I took down there, I just brought one or two things in at a time and it accumulated! I guess it was my home away from home and I wanted to make it cozy! I actually had another boxful that looked just like this! Doesn't everyone bring a ceramic bunny to work to put on their desk???

After work on Friday my co-workers had a good-bye celebration for me. We met at a cute restaurant across the street from the hospital. It is emotional for me to leave because there are so many people that I truly enjoy and I really do love the job itself, but I just feel like this is the right thing for me to do. The last few days of work I started thinking, oh my goodness, did I do the right thing by taking the new job. It is kind of scary!It is nice when you can work with such great people and I will miss them. I have made some great friends along the way. It has been on my heart that I wanted to switch jobs, and Eric and I have been in prayer about this for a long time. We both feel that God totally has led me to this new job and opened all the doors for it, and we both have peace about it. Plus, I am so excited that I won't be riding that bus anymore to work!!!
Everyone was so nice! Look at all the cards and gifts I got! The good news is, this job is really a transfer and I will still be part of the same company, so I will be able to stay in touch with everyone, which I am very glad. I will miss them, but I am off to a new adventure now!


Please wish me luck today on my first day! I will fill you in on how it goes!


I hope all of you have blessed days!

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward." Colossians 3:23-24

Love, Sharon

19 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Blessings to you on your first day of work!

Feathering My Nest said...

You are going to do great at your new job and meet new friends and fit right in. Pretty soon you'll be running the place LOL. That man clutching your arm looks like he doesn't want you to leave!!! He is probably a really nice man.

I love you and I'm so happy for you. God bless you on your first day. Oh, and you have hardly any stuff, compared to what I would have brought down there ~ smile.

Love ya, Kathi

BittersweetPunkin said...

I don't believe in luck but I wish you many Blessings in your new job!!

Congrats to Hayden...and we got some snow and hail too...yuck!
Hugs,
Robin

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, this is an exciting day for you and you are beginning a new adventure. Have a great day...you will always be successful in whatever you do. Sending hugs and looking forward to hearing all about your new job after settling in. Linda

Lille meg said...

Thank you for comfort to me.
I am sure it is exiting with a new job. I hope you will bloom in this job.
May God bless you!

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

Looks like you are leaving a great group! But don't worry with your personality you'll make lot's of new friends in no time at all!

Have a great day ♥

Charlotte said...

Hi Sharon,
I came here from your sister's blog. I certainly was not disappointed. I'm happy to meet you and I have enjoyed reading your blog. Your header is sure pretty. I would be happy for you to visit me anytime. I love to have visitors.

luvmy4sons said...

I hope your first day went well. I found your sight through your sister. I have been married 24 years with four sons that I home educate, though one is flying the coup in August to Pepperdine!! They are 18, 16, 14 and 12. I love commiserating with other mothers who have only sons! Hope you stop by my blog. I will be back to yours! Love meeting new friends in the bloggy world!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
What a nice little get-together your co-workers gave you! Love the flowers & little gifts! They look like a nice bunch & are obviously crazy about you! Glad you'll be able to keep in touch with them. That's so important.

Hope you had a good 1st day at your new job. I'm sure the commute was much better! :o)

Congrats to Hayden! Yay for the VP!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your new job, Sharon! I pray the transition is an easy one for you :) Looks like you got a very nice send off from your co-workers :)

Have a wonderful week!

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! I had a great first day! I will blog about it later! Thank you for the well wishes! ANything new with you???

Hugs, Sharon

Denise said...

What an adventure........ have a wonderful first day at a new job.... let us know how it goes...

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh that poor guy on the left side looks as if he is ready to cry the poor thing!!!! And as I looked at the picture of your box of stuff my first thought was ...is THAT a ceramic bunny!!! haha! How adorable, hey ya have to make it feel comfortable right? I was the same way....coffee cup warmer, lamps, pictures, oh and holidays now that was a whole other realm of decorating the office!!! best of luck to you!!!!! You will do great, God is on your side remember!?

linda said...

I just visited your sisters site and now yours...and it's so wonderful to see that other women value their sisters as I do mine. It sounds like we are both blessed!

It's also nice to find other blogging mothers that have older kids like I do...we can commiserate about the teenage years together (although my youngest is just leaving them!) We got two kids through the teenage years and WE'RE STILL STANDING...OH YES, WE SURVIVED!

Congratulations on the new job, will check back to see how it went! Take care.

Donna Lynn said...

Sharon, God Bless you in your new job, it sure looks like you are leaving a family behind! It is nice you will still be connected though, loved your box of homey things! That is wonderful to be surrounded by what makes us happy even if it is a work...people need to make where ever they spend big chunks of time, beautiful!
Big hugs, Donna Lynn

MyJourneyBack said...

Congrats on the new job. I would take a bunny to work!

Jaderocks said...

What a nice send off your co-workers gave to you. I'm sure it was bittersweet for you. And considering how homey and cozy you have made your home why would we think you would leave your work area cold and sterile. I would've done the same thing. Hope your first day at your new job was wonderful.

Jan Parrish said...

I'm so glad you had a party. I'm usually the social organizer- and I was hoping someone had the foresight to throw you a party.

SweetAnnee said...

Just came by to see ya and see how your first day was.
love
Deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...