Saturday, May 10, 2008

Meet of Champions

Two weeks ago we all jumped in the big truck and drove to Salem for a big important track meet for Grayson. His girlfriend, Rachelle, came with us.
Here's Hayden ready and rearing to go.
Here's Eric and I in the front seat. You can see the most important thing there.......coffee! Only the top runners in the league were invited to come. Grayson was invited to run the 400 and the 800.
Unfortunately, he had an off day and did not place well. He got about the 14th spot out of 24 kids on the 400 and second to the last spot on the 800. He realized he really cant run both of those races in the same day, it is just too much. He decided he is going to stick with just the 400.

He was bummed, but he was okay about it. Here you can see him heading toward the finish line and you can see his best friend, Garrett, in the background clapping for him. Garrett just took 6th place in the 100 hurdles and was waiting to get his medal. I think it helped Grayson to have his family and Rachelle there supporting him.
I love the picture above, it is his coach, Dave, giving him a pep talk. His coach is the nicest man. He is such an encourager and really motivates Grayson.
Here's Grayson and Rachelle afterwards. The stadium was so pretty.
We met Eric's sister, Stacey, her husband, Jim and her son, Preston at the track meet and afterwards we all went out for a lovely early dinner. It was such a fun day.

Today we are pretty much doing a repeat of this day, except today it is the district track meet. We are stopping by to pick up Eric's Mom and Dad and we will also be celebrating Mother's day with her.

Wish Grayson luck today!


"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." I Corinthians 9:24

Happy Mother's Day weekend!!!
Love, Sharon

10 comments:

Mary said...

Sharon,

I wish Grayson luck and hope he does great. Please congratulate him for me for the efforts he put into the 400 and 800. As I tell my grandsons, the only thing that can be expected of you is that you do your best. And I'm sure Grayson did put forth his best effort.

Seems I have a lot of catching up to do on reading your blog. I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd visited. I've been exploring and am going to read about pollywogs now.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Blessings,
Mary

Feathering My Nest said...

Oh Sharon, I wish I had planned better. I could have to watch Grayson. Victoria and Jessica will be there!! I am proud of Grayson for working so hard at both the 400 and 800, and then making a choice that will benefit him. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. You are an excellent mother. I love you, Kathi

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy Mother's Day Sharon! I hope you have a fantastic day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

luvmy4sons said...

You are one on the go mom! I hope you have a day tomorrow where your crew allows you to relax and be treated like the queen you are!

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Sharon,
First, let me tell you Happy Mothers Day! I know you will have a wonderful day with your boys and hubby!
Yesterday my niece Rachel was running the 800 too! She needed to shave off just one second to go to State, but sadly went under that by 4 seconds, and is now done for the year...:( She cried her eyes out, then bucked up and felt better! Tell your son Sorry from me, it is so hard to see them run their hearts out and not make it.

Bless you dear friend,
Donna Lynn

Sondra said...

I hope Grayson does well today!

Daughter of the King said...

~~~Happy Mother's Day, Sharon !!!
Deby

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon..I haven't forgotten about you...time has gotten away from me somehow...I am sending out your giveaway this week....so sorry it has taken me so long!
I hope you have a great Mother's Day!
Hugs,
Robin

Jaderocks said...

Good Luck Grayson Hope you do well. Sounds like a nice family outing. We do visiting my mother and Joe's mother on Saturday before Mother's Day so on Sunday I can spend a quiet, enjoyable, and relaxing day at home with my kids and Joe. Oh and I have to work on Sunday night at 11:00 p.m. So I try not to make it too big of a day. Happy Mother's Day Sharon. You really are an inspiration to a lot of us.
Roxy

jennifer said...

Something about the look on the coach's face just shows that he is a nice guy.

I wanted to invite you to come by my site for a Baby Shower for Jana.

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...