Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Look what we got!

Look what was on our doorstep last week from UPS! The last two pieces to our new master bedroom set finally came! Yea! Our bedside lamps are here! Yea!!!

Eric and I do a funny dance with some things. We went to the furniture store together and we both picked out the new furniture together that we both really liked. With the bedding and drapes, he trusted me completely and wanted me to pick out and purchase the all of it, which I did and he really liked it.

For some reason though, with the lamps he wanted full control and wanted to wait. It was so frustrating for me. I found these in the JC Penny's catalog, but he said we should wait for some reason. Meanwhile, several weeks have gone by, I was just waiting patiently and brought it up only about two times. More time went by and, finally, after he purchased a new fishing pole, he said I could go ahead and order the lamps! Isn't that funny! I have learned that I just keep quiet, wait and pray, and usually he comes around! Yea!

Wow, JC Penny's delivers really fast! I ordered them on line and they were on our front door step two days later!!!


Oh, does that say do not use a sharp instrument, too late, already did! I am such a rebel! I was just born to be wild!!!
I guess it is good that they pack them up so tight so they won't get broken, but it makes for a big job just to get everything out of the package!
More Styrofoam, more cardboard, more plastic and more bubble wrap!
I am glad that the little crystals were protected. Not one piece was broken. I got them together all by myself and they look fabulous!


I'll give you a little peak! I will be showing the new bedroom on Friday for Show and Tell. You'll have to wait until then to see the whole new room! :0) I'll give you a hint, it is very romantic and antique looking, and I'm not fooling! Hee, hee!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" Psalm 119:105

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

Hootin' Anni said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!!! I too can't wait to see the completed room. I bet you're really gettin' anxious now.

Kelly said...

Wow I cannot wait til Friday!!!!! It has finally come together! Whoohoo!!!

((Hugs))
Kelly

Linda said...

What I see is pretty, pretty. Can't wait to see all on Friday. Hugs, Linda

Mimi said...

I am waiting very patiently (NOT) to see the completed room...
and the April Fools joke had me going for a couple of minutes...
I started to write you that the mother of the groom only gets to sit and smile and say how pretty...while the mother of the bride has to listen to the bride waffle back and forth 100 times on "which one should I pick Mom"...
but maybe you will be fortunate enough to share that responsibility with your sweet brides mother...
blessings...

Anonymous said...

You really got me with that April Fool's joke. I have been reading your blog for over a month now and enjoy it so much. My heart felt a let down when I read that and then up again when it said, "April Fools". So since I get happier when I read your blog, I thought I'd better post how much I enjoy it.

First of all, it is so great that you love the Lord with your whole heart, mind and soul. I also love the song that your son wrote about for his Grandpa. My own dad passed away the day after Christmas and had been ill for 2 1/2 years. I am so happy your dad is doing better.

My dear husband of 33 years and I have 3 wonderful sons that sound alot like yours. They are 30, 28 and 26 - all happily married to our wonderful "daughters". We now have almost 4 grandchildren. Finally, at the age of 52 I became Grandma. I am now almost 55.

So anyway, I remember the excitement as each one of them was preparing to get married and, as mom, I was also in on knowing about the engagement before their future fiances did just like you did with your son. Congratulations, by the way.
It is so exciting to see who the Lord has picked out for our children.

Anyway, I don't blog - I haven't figured all that out yet, but I would love to.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog with us.

I can't wait to see pictures of your completed room.

Willa

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Sharon! Can't wait to see your room Friday!
-Karoline

Mardell said...

You have beautiful taste, Sharon! I too, can't wait til Friday for the "reveal!" How exciting!

Hugs!

Jaderocks said...

You have everyone very anxious to see your room Friday. I can't wait, I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Jan Parrish said...

Great choice! I love those.

Sharon said...

Dear Willa,

Welcome to my blog! It does sound like we have a lot in common! I am happy that you have been enjoying my blog! I hope that you come by again! Since you don't have a blog, I will leave you a note under my comments to talk with you. If you want to start a blog, I encourage you to do so! It is easy to start up and it is sooooo much fun! You meet such beautiful ladies with beautiful hearts!

I hope you have a great day and sorry for the little April fool's joke!

:0) Sharon

nannykim said...

I was wondering when you were going to show the room. I thought I had missed it so I did a search (your page was slow on coming up--)so now I shall at long last see it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...