Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kelli's visit

Last Saturday my sister, Kelli, came over for a visit. She brought her two sons Samuel and Joseph. We had such a great visit! She had a hot cup of tea and I had a cup of coffee and we were able to just relax, sit and talk and catch up. Our kids are all old enough to play quietly so us girls can have a good ol' hen talk! It was so nice!

Kelli has been such a wonderful big sister to me and our other sister Kathi (Feathering My Nest ).

Kelli is such a strong woman of faith and a great wife, mother and friend. Kelli is a a perfect example of God's grace under fire. Thirteen years ago her precious 4 year old daughter, Haley, died of a brain tumor (click here to read more). Kelli blew me away with the way she handled all of this. She was so amazing the way that she she totally relied on God through all of it and she clung to His word. God restored her and her husband, Ralph, and lifted them up with His righteous right hand. God has blessed her and healed her heart. She has been through so much and she is such a great inspiration to me. It is so marvelous to get together and exchange ideas and to inspire and encourage one another.

About two hours later Grayson came home from work at the gas station and he took us over to the high school to the "Animal Husbandry" barn for Future Farmers of America (FFA) to see his new pig.
They are already so big, they are just a couple of months old! He has to buy a pig for $135.00 and he feeds it and takes care of it, and then it goes up for auction at the FFA fair in the summer.

If your kids can get involved in FFA I would highly recommend that they do it. It is such a great learning experience and teaches them responsibility. Grayson has had to work very hard for his pig, the kids take turns cleaning out the barn and feeding them and it is not pleasant work! But, he enjoyed the experience so much last year that he signed up again this year. I hope that Hayden will want to get involved next year.

Here is Joseph, Hayden and Samuel in the pigsty.

The face only a mother could love!
Look how big the mother pig is! She is just a, well, a, a, she is just a.......pig!!! This is exactly how I feel on some days and/or how I think I look on some days! LOL!

There also was a pretty horse in the barn and the kids got to feed it. I am so thankful for this special time with my sister. I am so grateful to have two wonderful sisters who are also my good friends! We are also very blessed that all of children really love each other and like each other and they love to get together!


"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;I will recount all of His wonderful deeds." Psalm 9:1


Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Good morning Sharon,
How is your new job!? I forgot to ask you yesterday, sorry...hope you are settling into a new and happy routine! Loved the farm pictures of the kids and the big fat pigs! So pink!
It was sweet to see you with your sister, my big sister and I are really close and I depend on her for spiritual wisdom...we would love your prayers for our middle sister who has not spoken to any of our family in over 9yrs. now. She has 4 children whom we miss everyday, it is so sad! Thanks, praying your day is glorious!
Donna Lynn

Feathering My Nest said...

Dear Sharon, I'm so glad you had a fun visit with Kelli and the kids. I too, am amazed at our sweet sister Kelli, and how she has relied on the Lord through all she's gone through.

That is a huge big pig. What a great experience for Grayson. I should see if Harrison could get into that program. So far the only animal he loves is his kitty Schmitty. He has never like any of our farm animals ~ not even the dog. He got bit by a dog, maybe that's why.

I love you and hope work is going great. Love, Kathi

Bax said...

It sounds like you had a lovely visit with your sister! It's wonderful to have a sister like that, isn't it!
Love the piggy pictures! When I was little my sister (who is 11 years old than I am) and her husband, along with her father in law, owned a piggy farm! I loved seeing the babies...but there were aspects of the whole thing that were highly unpleasant. Like the odor! LOL!
Thanks for sharing the day with us!
Jan

Julieann said...

I was going to say lucky---but I am changing my word--you are truley blessed with such a beautiful and loving family!! I admire you so much and am so glad I found your blog that day:) When is Kelli going to start her blog--HUH? LOL--The mama pig is adorable---how fun to raise a pig.

((Prayers up for Hailey too)) I am sure heaven is a better place because of her.

XO

Julieann

Joyfull said...

Since we have just completed our FFA hog project, your pictures brought back nice memories! Your family sounds so nice - what wonderful times you must have with your sisters!

linda said...

Is your header new? It's a beautiful picture of the roses...I'm a rose lover too!

Yay for sisters...and cousins...and FFA...and yes, pigs! They are adorable ~ even with the face only a mother could love!

Glad you had such a nice visit with your sister. I'm blessed with 2 sisters I adore and love spending time with. I will get to see one of my sisters in a fews weeks...I can't wait!

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a blessing to have two godly and lovely sisters. You are surrounded by women of faith. :)

The little pigs are so cute. The mother not so - but she has no time to freshen up with the piglets running around. Who can blame her?

Blessings,
Gina

Mary said...

Sharon,

I am delighted that you have such a special relationship with your sister and happy that she could visit.

Go Grayson! You are a boy after my own heart. Raising pigs is not easy and I'm quite proud that you chose to do this a second year. It is a great learning experience.

Take care, Sharon. I always enjoy my visits with you.

Blessings,
Mary

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

There are nothing in this world like sisters!♥
I'll have to check out the links I didn't know you had blogger sisters!

Linda said...

What a happy day....special times with your sweet sister and the boys. You are very blessed. I've always wished for a sister or brother...but it was not meant to be. I'm very thankful for the family and friends that I do have in my life. Hugs, Lidna

Kelly said...

How blessed you are to have two sisters!!! I am an only child and for me I never seemed to mind that as a child, but as an adult I wish I had a sibling. And I am going to look into the FFA and see if we have anything like that here,that sounds like a great experience.

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
What a beautiful picture of you and your sister! It's so wonderful having sisters who are also our best friends.

I tagged you for a Six Word Memoir meme. The information is on my blog if you'd like to participate!

Have a wonderful Friday!
Love, Velvia

Brenda said...

Glad to see your other sister. I see Kathi everyday =)
Love the pigs aww I just wanna hold them.

luvmy4sons said...

I love the love I hear in your writing for your sisters. I have two sisters too. Something else we have in common. Those shots of the pigs were amazing! I am so sorry about the loss of your little neice!

Jan Parrish said...

I always wanted a pet pig. I'm serious.Is he going to be Ok when he has to sell it?

Heather said...

HELLO!!! You forgot about your adopted sister...ME:)

What a blessing to spend the day with your sister. I have read the story of her little girl and I am in awe of her strength.

I love the pics, er, I mean pigs. I would have one if they stayed small. Piglets are sooooo cute. Pigs, however, are not sooooo cute;)

Love and Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...