Monday, April 7, 2008

I found the lamby

We have a fun game at our house. It's kind of like I spy, but we always use the same thing, it is this cute little lamb. I found him the other day and I thought I would tell you about our little game.

Do you see where I found him? Can you tell how small he is? He is a little trinket about the size of a quarter. We copied this game from one of the boy's babysitter's when Mackenzie was about 2 and Cameron was about 1. She had a little plastic baby that her family always hid around their house and she told me how the game works.

It's simple, you just pick something small, tell the family about the game and then hide it in plain site. Whoever finds it, hides it again in plain site. The key is that it is hidden in plain site, you cannot hide it in a box or inside a cabinet, otherwise it might not ever be found! It just keeps going and going and is really fun. I can't believe that we have been playing the game for about 22 years! I can't believe that we still have the little guy after that long!!!

Can you see it in the picture above and below?
It is so little that you can hide it pretty much anywhere, on the edge of a picture frame, on the corner of a shelf, on moulding around a door, etc. When the kids were little it was so fun for them. We have had seasons when it went missing for several months because someone hid it too good! Sometimes they tried to hide it in a dried flower arrangement and it fell down inside and I would find it months later when I finally dusted the flower arrangement (now I spilled the beans on how often I dust!!!).
One year it was gone for a long, long time and we finally found it at Christmastime when we were decorating. We found it in some kind of Christmas decoration like a sled or something, so for a whole year the lamby spent his time in the attic boxed up with the Christmas items! I bought a "back up" lamb just in case we lose the original!

We also told our extended families about the game, so if they ever find the lamb when they are here they get to hide it too. I purchased a lamb for both my sisters and my parents and they played the game in their homes too. I don't know if my sisters still do it, but I know that my parents really enjoyed playing the game with each other and did so up until my father's stroke, in fact, they might have started it up again.

This game is not as popular around our home as it once was, but just recently Mackenzie found it and hid it, I found it and hid it and as I started preparing this post yesterday afternoon, Hayden found it and hid it, but I found it this morning.....
......can you spot him?
There he is! You should try this fun game around your home! You can use any kind of trinket, I recommend buying two of them in case one gets hidden so well that you never find it again!

Have a great Monday!


"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

Hugs ~ Sharon

24 comments:

Penless Thoughts said...

How cute!!!! Sometimes the simplier things are the most fun.
Susan

Linda said...

Hi Sharon...this is too funny,we do the same thing. We use a little piggy. I got the idea from friends who have been doing this for a number of years. Simple but lots of fun. Hugs, Linda
p.s. There are no markings on the vase from my granma, just a little price marked $1.25. L.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

We do something very similar to this at our house! It is a lot of fun.

Your little lamb really is a little lamb. So tiny! :)

Heather said...

OK...I SOOOOO have to find a little lamby!!! I can't wait to play this game with my kiddo's. Although they are older, I think they will get a kick out of it. Where did you find such a little lamb? I know it would work with other 'small' objects, but a lamb is is the BEST:)

Thank you so much for sharing this game!!!

Love and Blessings...

Jaderocks said...

I have never heard of this hide the object game. What a great idea! I will definitely try this one with my family. I wish I had known about this before, I know they will love it.
Have a great day!

Shelley said...

What a fun family game Sharon, thanks for sharing. We play the "I spy" game sometimes,but not as much as we used to. I may try this game with my family,and see how it goes...thanks for stopping by to see me. The tiny little lamb is so sweet......

Be blessed, Shelley

bj said...

I played I SPY with the same thimble all my young life. Then, when my children came along, my mom gave me the thimble and we used it for my children....I haven't played it in a long time...
Thanks for the memories...

Kelli said...

That is the cutest little lamby and I LOVE how you have played this sweet game over the years, I'm going to start it with my family! Thank you for the great idea!
Hugs,
Kelli

Mimi said...

this is a fun game...a friend of mine does it with a pair of green socks...they find it and hide it in each others luggage or somewhere so they will find it when they get home..then when they get together again it is usually among some of their things...
it has been going on in their family for years also...
I think it is pretty neat...and I love your little lamby!!!
Mimi

Julieann said...

Oh, How fun--lamby is adorable and I love the game---I need to start this too!

Julieann

Jewelgirl said...

This is so cute, love your little
lamby!

cherished*vintage said...

My girls are going to love this! Thanks for the idea. I'm going to go find something tiny to hide now.
-Karoline

Andi said...

Hi Sharon! I found your blog through Brenda. I love your wonderful game. The little lamb is so cute and what fun your family must have. I remember playing a game with my parents and brothers when we were young that we called "riddley, riddley, riddley ree, I see something that you don't see...and it's blue." Then the guessing would start about everything we saw that was blue. If it got to taking too long the "riddler" would drop hints. We had such fun playing that game...your post brought back fun memories.

My blog is private but you're welcome to come by. I will send you and invitation if your email is on your profile. If not, mine is andibrannon@tampabay.rr.com

Brenda said...

Girl im so blind... I did see him a few times.

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I love that game. We used to do it and I'm not sure why we stopped. I guess someone really hid that little lamb and we never found it. I will have to repeat the rules and make sure it's hidden in plain sight. Thanks for praying for me. I'm in the depths of dispare right now. I know God will help me. I'm just discouraged. I don't feel like blogging or anything. I love you, Kathi

Daughter of the King said...

What a keeper of an idea...and that little lamby is so sweet....what fun memories..and great pictures.
Deby

Kelly said...

Ok ny first thought was......I cannot believe Bailey hasn't eaten that little lamb yet!!!!! lol

My second thought is I want a little lamb to do this same thing with my kids!!!!!

Cottage Contessa said...

What a cute & fun game! You and your family are just sooooo sweet! I love visiting and seeing what you've got going on sweetie because you're just so fun and happy!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
That is sooooo cute! I think I may just give this game a whirl! How fun. I love your little Lamb ~ I collect them because our last name is "Lamb."

Have a great day.
Hugs!

jennifer said...

Cute idea! I'm going trinket shopping!

Jen

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell!

What a cool last name you have! Your kids will proably really like the game!

:0) Sharon

Nora Lee said...

I have never heard of this game, but it sounds like such fun!

A Romantic Porch said...

I'm going to do this! I say it is never to late to start something new and fun. Thank you for the idea. Love,Rachel

JanaBanana said...

You brought back a childhool memory for me... my aunt use to hide the Dice for my cousin and i :)
Im gonna get something small and play with my family!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...