Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Jim!

Happy Birthday Jim! Yesterday was Eric's father's 73rd birthday! He is king for a day! Actually, because of busy schedules, we won't be celebrating his birthday until the end of the month and we will do a combined birthday party with my hubby, so it will be a father and son bash!
Jim is a wonderful man. He has been such a great father to Eric and a wonderful father-in-law to me. He is a quiet man and a very sweet man. He is a man who loves God and loves his family. Above is a picture of Jim and Alice with Cameron at Cameron's play last spring.
Above is grandpa Jim with Hayden at a picnic at the lake last Labor Day. Jim has been such a wonderful father to Eric and father-in-law to me. Over the years he has supported us in so many ways. If we ever do a project, he always comes over to help like painting our house, re-roofing the house, building fences, etc. He is a hard working man and a wonderful grandpa. When our boys were little, he was so cute with them and taught them a lot of things. Jim is so supportive of all of our boys activities. Grandpa Jim and Grandma Alice go to just about every event our kids have had from band concerts to school plays to sporting events. He is a good father and raised my husband to be such a great man.

Above is a picture of our birthday celebration for Jim last year in our backyard. In the picture from left to right, me, Alice, Jim, Eric, Grayson, Jim's daughter Stacey, Mackenzie and Brittany, you can barely see Stacey's son Preston standing behind Mackenzie. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful father-in-law, father to my husband and grandfather to my boys! I am so grateful for his imprint and influence on our lives!

Happy birthday Jim I love you! We all love you!


"In all things you yourself must be an example of good behavior." Titus 2:7


Love, Sharon

10 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Jim sounds like a gem! Happy Birthday Jim. :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy Birthday Jim! What a lovely post Sharon, and what a wonderful family you have! You are certainly blessed, but what is great is that you know this and appreciate it! Hugs for you sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Happy birthday to your father-in-law, it's a blessing to have wonderful inlaws!

Your post about Makenzie proposing to Brittany is so sweet, they are truly a beautiful couple. The rings are gorgeous! They are so blessed to have found each other.

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Love, Velvia

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, Happy Birthday to your FIL...what a great fellow.
I love the cake from your last post, it looks so rich and yummy....not for the faint of heart...I'm going to copy the recipe and try it sometime soon. Hugs, Linda

Jaderocks said...

It is such a blessing to have wonderful in laws. I also have the best in laws in the world. I have always adored my mother in law and father in law. I can see traits in my husband that I have always admired in my inlaws. They did a good job of raising their son. I hope your father enjoys his birthday. Enjoy everyday with your family.

nannykim said...

We also are going to be celebrating my husband's mom's birthday this Sunday. She, like her hubby, will turn 80. Their birthdays are just a few weeks apart!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Jim......... I love to hear warm and fuzzy stories about families.... I do not have that so I love reading about others...... I look forward to the BIG family over on the other side............
hugs

Daughter of the King said...

What a sweet tribute...
Happy Birthday Jim....
will wait for the party pictures.
Deby

Ruthie said...

Happy Birthday. Such a nice family. Your last post about the cake looks yummy, too.

jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Jim! You are blessed with a lovely family!

Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...