Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Today is my parent's 52nd anniversary! I wanted to wish them a happy day today. These pictures are from two years ago when we celebrated their big 50th anniversary with a big barn party! They wanted a real old fashioned, country themed party and that is what they got! She had her prairie dress especially made and she wore flowers in her hair. They were so cute that day! Above is a picture of them sitting in front of every one while I was reading my mother's tribute to her husband. It was so sweet. Later, Kathi read Dad's tribute to his wife!

My sister's and I and our husband's helped plan the party for them. My sister, Kathi and her husband Stacey, had it at their farm in a big old beautiful barn. Their place is so beautiful! I want you to all go to her
blog and beg her to show full shots of her farm house and their barn and beautiful yard, it is like a park! They worked really hard to get their place ready for the party.

Planning a big party like this can be straining on a family relationship and we had our share of tense moments, but it all came together beautifully and the party was a success. Our parents had a wonderful day!

Above is my sister, Kelli, my mother's sister Dorothy, my mom, me and my sister Kathi. We decorated it with lights and hung quilts all around. Our parents had such a great day.
Eric and I enjoying the festivities.
Kelli with her husband Ralph and Ralph's mother, Carol. We had country wild flowers in blue canning jars on the tables and we had a blue grass band come and play great country music.

Kathi and Stacey taking it all in and having fun. Kathi wrapped tulle all around the barn poles and added white twinkle lights, it looked like a fantasy! Stacey did a ton of yard work and got that barn in shape for the party. We all had different jobs and contributed in different ways and it all came together like a dream.
Aunt Dorothy and my brother, Wade, catching up. Aunt Dorothy (whom we all love) lives in Washington and spends her winters in Arizona, so we don't get to see her very often.
Mackenzie and Brittany, they were just a baby couple back then! :0) Mackenzie made a 20 minute slide show for his grandparents of their entire life together, it was so beautiful! He did an excellent job. He put it to their favorite music that they had picked out. They have had a truly blessed life!

My parents and all their descendants. They are truly blessed! Everyone was there except my brother's three little girls. It was really great to see everyone! We invited nearly 100 people, family and friends that they have acquired over their 50 years of marriage. My parents had the party catered and we had BBQ pork sandwiches with the works! Yummy!
Here is a picture of them in front of the cake. We took pictures of their original wedding cake to the bakery and they copied to perfection! Isn't it a pretty cake! It is so wonderful that they get to celebrate their 52nd anniversary this year, last year when my father had the stroke, we were not sure he was going to make it, so we all feel so blessed!

Congratulations Mom and Dad!

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore, what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:8-9

Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, You did such a beautiful job sharing about Mom and Dad's party. I am still sick and not up to posting too much, but I may do a small post about them.

I will see what I can come up with for pics of the farm. I have that icky head-cold that just makes a person feel crummy. I'ts so pretty outside today too!! I might just go out and sit in the sun.

Have you asked Mom about your ring? Did they get it for you? or was it from Gmammie? I love you, Kathi

linda said...

Sharon, what a beautiful post! I loved reading every word. Yes, they are blessed and it also seems as though you are blessed to have such a great family!

Your parents look adorable...I LOVE all of your dad's hair!

52 years...what an inspiration!

Lilly said...

What a wonderful post! 52 years is amazing! How wonderful!! Thank you for sharing, and posting these lovely photographs! =D

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, Such a beautiful touching story. I HOPE to be married to my sweetheart for 52 years and more! Love,Rachel

BittersweetPunkin said...

What sweet pictures Sharon!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Robin

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon! You didn't warn us about a "tissue" alert!

God bless your parents! Happy Anniversary to them ~ and yes, truly a blessing. What a wonderful party. Oh my, it must have taken alot of planning.

I lost my father at the tender age of 1-1/2. He was only 31 yrs. young. Thank God your wonderful Dad is still doing well.

Thanks for such an inspirational story! :o)

HUGS!

Sondra said...

That party looks like it was so much fun. That was so special of you all to pull that together for them. Your mom and her sister look just alike. I love those curls on Mackenzie! I will have to go bug Kathi to put some pictures of her farm up. I would love to see it all.

Bax said...

What a wonderful tribute to your parents! They are adorable and must have made a very handsome couple when they were youngin's!! : )
We celebrated my parent's 60th anniversary a few years ago and this year will be 64 for them! I think we need to begin planning 65!

Jan

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What a lovely tribute to your parents. I love the pictures. That was quite a party! Your parents make such a striking couple! And that cake - it's amazing that a bakery could reproduce it.

Have a lovely weekend!

Gina

Cathy said...

Your parents look so young. And that was a great idea for the party. Yes, the cake is beautiful. Happy 52nd Anniversary to your parents!

Ruthie said...

Happy Anniversary to your folks.
You seem to have a very busy, but full and rewarding life. :)

Brenda said...

Sharon I loved that. I almost felt like I was there. I want to go to Kathi's farm. I will sleep in the barn hehe. Just beautiful. I didn't know you had a brother. Your mom is such a hoot with that hand on her hip. so cute.

Jaderocks said...

What a great idea for a party. Everyone looks like they are having a good time. I'm so glad you got to enjoy this with your parents. I hpoe they have many more years together.

Kelly said...

What a sweet couple! And Kathi HAS to get some pictures up of her place, land etc...the barn.... all that. I am in absolute awe everytime she shows pictures of the kids outside there, it seems just beautiful. My kids would love it!
And what a fabulous party that was planned for your parents , what fun.

Love,
Kelly

Jan Parrish said...

What a wonderful party you threw for your parents.Looks like it was a lot of work but well worth it.They are blessed to have you kids.

jennifer said...

This is so sweet Sharon. I hate that tensions got high, but it looks like no one is any worse for wear.

Your mother is simply stunning! It must be very comforting looking at her knowing that you have here genes!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...