Monday, April 14, 2008

Great Weekend!

We had a great weekend! It started on Friday night with this kid! Cameron came to town to pick up his brothers so they could spend the night. My husband went fishing that day and called and said the fishing was good and that he would be late, so I took Cameron, Grayson and Hayden out to dinner before they all went to Cameron's house.
We had such a great time! I just love all my boys so much! It is really wonderful to see them grow up and become neat, likeable adults and to see them get along, not only as brothers, but as friends.
We joked and teased and had great conversation. Here's a picture of Grayson and I and you can see his new "faux hawk" haircut.
Saturday morning was glorious! The sun was shinning and it was so beautiful. I had some coffee and started my morning with a little quiet time with the Lord.
I love spring. I love sunny mornings like this. Look how big Bailey is getting!
After cleaning the house I sat down and worked on my photo albums. I got perhaps 25% done, I don't know if that is good or bad, but at least I made a dent.

I made dinner for Eric, Grayson, Hayden and I. I baked Salmon and made this yummy BBQ sauce to pour on top of it.
I got the recipe from Eric's mother, Alice. It is the best sauce for Salmon!
Everyone who tries it loves it.
We had Salmon with special sauce, baked potatoes and butter and sour cream and asparagus.
Yummers!
*picture taken in February of 2008

On Sunday Eric and the boys and I visited Mackenzie and Brittany's church. We met Cameron there too. They are on the worship team. Mackenzie plays drums (you can barely see him back there) and Brittany sings and helps lead. It was so pretty! My parents also visited, along with my sister Kelli and her husband Ralph and their kids. It was really fun being together at church and the sermon was wonderful!

After church Hayden and I went to my office and I cleaned some of my things out and then we went back to the pet store. His lizard died! We don't know what happened, but we think he was sick when we bought him. I was really happy because the pet store has a two week return policy and they let him pick out a new one. The new guy is really little and spunky. Hayden is really happy with him.

On Sunday night Mackenzie and Brittany came over and we had a lasagna dinner and we watch "No country for old men". Which was very violent, but very good until the end! It has a very disappointing ending.


We did have a great weekend, but of course I am only sharing the highlights, there were, of course, downer moments, like fighting with my son over chores, feeling overwhelmed and getting a $30.00 parking ticket! Grrrr! But overall, we had a blessed weekend.

Now, the start of a new week. Only four more work days at this job and then I start my new one!!! I'm so excited!

Have a great Monday!

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5:1,2

Fondly, Sharon

11 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

That is so sad about the lizard. I hope this new one has a long long life.

Your weekend sounds wonderful and delicious!

Blessings,
Gina

Feathering My Nest said...

What a fun weekend. I wish we could have come to church with all of you. Your food looks terrific. I can see you use that recipe often, so it must be good. It's wonderful that you have Alice's recipe as a tastey keep-sake.

I'm sorry Hayden's lizard died. Good that he got to choose a new one.

Oh bummer, about the parking ticket. Life has its ups and its downs, doesn't it. It's so great that our Lord is with us through each thing that happens. I love you and hope you are having a good day. Love, Kathi PS we have two sick kids today:( Victoria too.

Mimi said...

glad you had a great weekend (except of course for the ticket) but into every sky a little rain must fall...
good luck on your new job...
will you be doing the same thing as on your present job?
you sound really excited about it...
blessings on your week,
Mimi

Jaderocks said...

What a great weekend (except the ticket) but I think a sunny morning coffe in your beautiful back yard trumps that. Sounds like a wonderful weekend with mom and boys time, time for yourself (to get things done) and the whole family at church together. The salmon you made looks delicious. I think it is nice that your family gets together for dinner and a movie. And about the pictures: 25% is really good, it is 25% more than I have done. They just pile up so fast.

The Apron Queen said...

Dear blogging friend,
My meme tag response is up. You can go right here. Be there or be square. :D
Yours truly,
The Apron Queen

Kelli said...

Hi Sharon! What a fun weekend you all had! I'm sorry about the parking ticket...no fun! I hope you have a blessed week ahead!
Hugs,
Kelli

Joy said...

you have a beautiful yard and great looking kids too!

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Sharon! Thanks for sharing the special sauce recipe for salmon. I can tell your recipe is well loved. I have lots of cards that look the same. :o) Can't wait to try. Thanks again!
-Karoline

Linda said...

Hi Sharon..sounds like you had a happy weekend....busy too. Your salmon dinner looks yummy and I like the recipe.
Too bad about the lizzard I hope this one does better...they are neat pets.
Take care and have a bright day tomorrow...Linda

jennifer said...

Your post had no drama, no big announcements, etc. But I found that I was hanging on to every word. It was just such an easy going, comforting post! Isn't that strange how the everyday happenings of a friend's life can charm and bless!

Thanks for Sharing. You seem to have such a wonderful life Sharon.

Jennifer

Ruthie said...

I always enjoy your posts about the adventures of you and your family. That recipe looks great...I plan to try it. Since I'm not crazy about fish, it might spice it up a bit. It's good you're getting your pix done - do you scrapbook? I do, and of course I'm way behind on my pix too! Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...