Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Engagement celebration!

I wanted to talk to you a little more about Mackenzie and Brittany's engagement. First of all, Mackenzie came into my office to have lunch with me two weeks before he asked Brittany to marry him. I asked him to invite Brittany to come along and join us for lunch and he said she couldn't come.

When he got to the my office and we were ready to eat he said, "this is why I didn't want Brittany to come to lunch with us" and he set down a little black velvet box! I screamed with delight and hugged him!

Isn't it a pretty ring set! He found out what style she likes and what size her finger is and he picked it out all by himself. I think he has excellent taste! We are so proud of him because he scrimped and saved and did side computer jobs to earn extra money to buy the rings, and he has the engagement ring totally paid off! He still owes a little on the wedding band, but will get it paid off in a couple of months. At this point, Brittany had no idea what he was up to!


He had already called her father and asked him if he could have his daughter's hand in marriage and her father approved. He had to talk to him over the phone instead of in person because he lives in another state, but of course they have met a couple of times in person.


It was so wonderful to hear this news, but it was also so hard because he swore me to secrecy! I was only allowed to tell Eric! It was killing me! I had to go back to my office after lunch and I couldn't say a word to anyone, and I'll have you know that I kept my promise! I didn't tell a soul!
These are pictures from the night he asked her to marry him. They took pictures throughout the evening. Of course, Brittany had no idea what was on his mind! The picture above was on the way to the restaurant, don't they look ultra cool with their big dark glasses!! :0)
I love the picture above. Brittany took it of Mackenzie. He looks like he has a secret, and little does she know that he does indeed have a big secret and a big surprise for her!
This is her at dinner before he asked her. She has no idea how in the next hour her life will change forever!!!
This is after she said yes!!!! I think she looks excited and happy, don't you!!!
Here's the happy couple!
A close up of the beautiful ring!
Two nights later we had a celebratory dinner at our home. Cameron couldn't make it because he had to work, but Grayson invited his sweetie, Rachelle.
Don't they look happy! We had BBQ steak, baked potatoes, salad, crescent rolls and I made a yummy, to-die-for chocolate cake (I'm sharing the recipe tomorrow).
Look who did the dishes!
Here's the happy couple celebrating their wonderful engagement!
It's official, they are tieing the knot on October 18, 2008, which just happens to be called "The sweetest day", I'm serious, Brittany saw that on her calendar!

We are all so happy and excited! God is so good!!!

"Let reverence for the Lord be the concern of your life, if it is, you have a bright future." Proverbs 23:17-18

Love, Sharon

24 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What a lovely story (and pictures!). Ken (now our son-in-law)asked Bob for permission to marry our daughter. He was so sweet. He had to call us as he was in Boston and we were here. We had met him numerous times before. We too had to keep it a secret from everyone for a month or so. That is hard! :)

October 18th is a lovely date! Does she have any idea what kind of wedding/dress/reception she'd like?

Blessings,
Gina

Randi Jo :) said...

really is a sweet post/story! :) Thanks for sharing it!

I am pretty sure we have the exact same rings - if not something REALLY similiar - how funny! :)

have a great day!

Linda said...

They are a darling couple and to be marrying your sweetie on sweetest day is very romantic. I loved seeing all the wonderful pictures...so much happiness! Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Oh, I loved all the pictures and the story - they are a beautiful couple - it is exciting because you can tell they have the love of the Lord in their lives and will keep him as center of their marriage.

I can remember when each of the three of our sons were preparing to ask their love of their lives to marry them. I knew that I couldn't talk to anyone about it, but it was soooooooooooo hard. I had to remember to rule over my mouth each time I saw the prospective bride. I was pretty quiet because I just knew if I talked too much, it would come out. lol.

I am so blessed to have daughters now - not daughters-in-law.

Willa

Kelly said...

What a wonderful love story! Keep us posted on them! ( with their permission of course!! )
And you are so awesome for keeping such a difficult secret! WOW!

Michelle said...

Aw, what a beautiful engagement story...congratulations to the happy couple!!! All of the pictures were so sweet. You have a lovely family, Sharon :)

Heather said...

Congratulations on the addition of a daughter to your beautiful family. May God bless you as the details of the wedding unfold. Be sure to keep us posted....with lots of pics!!! (Like I really had to tell you THAT:)

Love and Blessings...

Penless Thoughts said...

How sweet that he shared with you!! How nice you've shared it all with us. Young, tender, innocent, love :o)
Susan

MammyT said...

You have such a beautiful family. I'm glad you're sharing this happy time. It's great.
Nancy

Lilly said...

How wonderful! Mackenzie is too cute! He looks exactly like you Sharon! =) That's absolutely wonderful! Tell them I said congratulations! YAY!! =D

Ruthie said...

Wow - what neat pictures and what wonderful memories! Congratulations to them!
Smiles!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

How sweet! They do look so happy! Congratulations to the two of them!!
Michelle

Daughter of the King said...

These are so fun and sweet at the same time...happy for ALL of you.
Deby

Feathering My Nest said...

I was hoping you would put up the engagement story and the special dinner. They are such a beautiful couple. I'm so happy for them and for you and Eric. I can't wait for Oct. 18th. That is so cute that it is called the sweetest day.

Love ya, Kathi

jennifer said...

Oh Sharon. The beauty and the sweetness and the love and the pride and the joy.....I needed to read all of this tonight. My heart feels better after seeing those young faces, hearing how happy you all are....I just needed this.

October 18 is my mother and father in laws anniversary and they will be married for 45 years. They are still in love and claim that God is going to take them together cause they can't live without each other. I don't wish that on my husband, losing two parents at once, but I cant help but hope that God honors their love and lets them go together!!

Jennifer

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful couple. I know he will make a good husband because just from what i have seen on your blog he has one awsome father. You already know what I think of his mom =) what a great family.

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful story. I pray that God will bless them with a lifetime of love and happiness.

I have some awesome news too!

Sondra said...

The ring is SO beautiful. What a great job he did picking that out! I am so excited for you (and them)! I think it will be a long while before any one of mine get married. It will probably be Austin! :)

Nora Lee said...

Sharon,
I know you are so happy for your son and future daughter-in-law! What a wonderful story, your son sounds like a very mature young man. I know they will be happy.

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, That story is so touching from start to finish. It sounds like he has done everything a proper young gentleman should do. I'm so happy for your family. Love,Rachel

P.S. I love it that they are getting married on Sweetest Day.

Mimi said...

how cute that she picked October 18th because it was the sweetest day...
congratulations on keeping the big secret for a few days...

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Sharon! Congratulations to you all! I know how excited and happy you must be, and how much your family love Brittany. This is such wonderful news! Congratulations Mackenzie & Brittany!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Kelly said...

Oh Sharon! I feel so blessed to be able to share in this experience with you via the blog - congratulations again to your dear sweet son and new daughter!

Amy Ellen said...

How wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures!!! They look so darling together, and the ring is just lovely. He does have great taste!!

October 18th is an awesome day to get married, not just because it is the sweetest day, but that is also my husbands and my 17th anniversary.

Congratulations
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...