Monday, April 28, 2008

Dog Day

Meet my new little friend! Yesterday after church Mackenzie, Brittany, Grayson and I went to Goodwill and I found this cute little mutt! This is one of my weaknesses, I just cave when I see antique porcelain dogs. They just talk to me and I love em!
The only problem is, he has no face!
All his little friends have faces. It doesn't seem fair that my new pup doesn't have any eyes or a nose, so..............
I used a fine tip Sharpie and gave him some eyes and a nose.
Now he can see and smell, except he still can't taste or talk because I didn't give him a mouth.
But now he can stand guard proudly at my windowsill with all his friends and can see and smell everything going on!

Happy Monday!


Hugs & smiles, Sharon

12 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, This is so cute!! I love little doggies too. I love it that you added his eyes and nose. How adorable!

Love ya, Kathi

Linda said...

Your litlle dogs are very sweet...I'm glad your newest can now see and smell...that's a good thing. I keep looking for a little black cocker...Sadie...she is no longer with me but I'm trying to find an old figurine to put with her picture. Have a happy evening. Hugs, Linda

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
What great photos of your family worshipping together, nothing could be better than that! You are so blessed to have all your family near.
Love, Velvia

Sondra said...

Your doggies are all so sweet! How nice of you to give this one some eyes :)

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

What a fine little collection you have there!
Loved your creativity with that sharpie! ☺

Kelly said...

Oh just look at him and all his little friends!!!! How strange but looking at them all makes you actually feel like they have little personalities!

Love,
kelly

linda said...

With all of the adorable finds that people have posted this week...I'm gonna have to start going to goodwill I tell you.

jennifer said...

Aw, so thoughtful of you to give him some eyes. He really does look better.

Jennifer

Daughter of the King said...

oh I love these little guys...and so nice that you gave him a face. I personally do not like any figurines or anything that doesn't have eyes etc...I guess that is why I don't like the Amish Pictures that can be popular, I think *they forgot their faces*...don't like that BLANK stare look...
deby

Simply Heart And Home said...

What precious little dogs! And they don't bark either! :)

regina barnett said...

Hi...I see somethig that we have in common. I am also a sucker for vintage Dogs. and real too. Come by and see my collections

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Love your collections, Sharon! How sweet to add on the eyes and nose!!!
Becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...