Friday, April 11, 2008

Confessions of a quitter

Okay.........it's confession time! I can't hide it any more! I am a quitter! I started two things recently and have failed at both of them. I feel bad because even though I quit, I know that I'm not a quitter, all I did was quit! I'm really not a quitter, I just didn't finish! LOL. How many ways can I say this??? I quit, but I'm not a quitter....but yet, I am!

Any way, I started the Beth Moore Bible study and I really shouldn't have. It is overwhelming for me! It requires at least 45 minutes a day of study every day, 6 days a week and I just don't have the time to do it. Right after I started my life got so busy, I got sick, we got new furniture (which caused a ripple effect of me cleaning and organizing), I got a new job etc. I say I'm really not a quitter because I know I will get back into it.........someday! I have continued to do my daily Bible reading and devotional time with the Lord, I just quit the Beth Moore study.

The other thing I quit was my diet and weight loss plan. I did really good for about four weeks and then BAM....I blew it and then blew it again and then gave up. I really stink at diets, I really do. I am still determined to try it one more time, especially with my son getting married now, I would like to lose a few pounds before the wedding.
I thought that if I posted about it weekly on my blog that there would be accountability and that I would stick with it, but that didn't happen. I am sorry to have let any of you down who were trying to lose with me. I will start again, but I don't think I'll go "public" with it. Hopefully in the near future I will write a victory post and report that I lost 12 pounds! We will see.

You know what, now that I have written this post and confessed, I think I am a quitter! BUT.....I'm a quitter who will start up again!!!! :0)

.................Other business.................

I got three awards recently from two lovely ladies!

The first is from Amanda at Cottage Contessa gave me this sweet award. She says I make her day, but let me tell you, she makes mine!!!


And Jan @ Bold and Free gave me these two awards! She wanted to say thanks because I helped her out with her fun Blog Scavenger Hunt game. I would like to thank Jan for being such a great blogging friend too!

She also gave me the Kind Blogger Award, which is so sweet! Thank you Jan, you are a kind blogger too and I am so excited about your news about being a grandmother!!!!

Thank you ladies so much for these generous awards! It is so very thoughtful of you to think of me! If any of you out there do not know Jan or Amanda, please go visit them and say hello, you'll be glad you did!


I hope that all of you have absolutely wonderful weekends! My hubby is working on Saturday and the boys are spending the night at their brother Cameron's house, so I am going to sit down and catch up the photo albums!

I'm going to watch some old movies like Fried Green Tomatoes and Pollyanna, get some fun, special food for lunch and sit down and get this job done! I have 21 years worth of photos all caught up and in albums, but I got behind four years ago. Now I am determined to get caught up and to finally check this off my to do list! I really hope I can get this done or at least make a big dent in it.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy spirit." Romans 15:13

Love & Hugs, Sharon

21 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, You are funny! I could never think of you as a quitter, ever!! You are always on top of your game.

I know by the time Mackenzie and Brittany get married you will have lost the weight you desire, and you will fit that perfect dress perfectly. You will be so pretty as the mother of the groom.

Beth Moore is so good at teaching. It can be overwhelming at first, but I know you can get back into her study after you are settled in your new job. I do mine on my own without a group of ladies, and then I can go at my own pace. I can't view the videos though, but that's okay.

I'm going to look at your blog and read your previous posts, but I've had a exhausting week and have not had extra time. Today I will. I love you dear sister, Kathi

Heather said...

Good Morning Sharon,

Just so you know....I am a quitter, too. I started Beth Moore's 'Breaking Free' and stopped. I will be picking it up again as I will be in a woman's Bible study with Tanya @ Wilderness-Shiloh and Susan @ Joyfulmom6. I will try to stick with it, but I can't make any promises! I hope Tanya and Susan don't read this:)

As for the weight loss plan....I have seen pics of you and you are absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

Have a wonderful time putting albums together this weekend!

Love and Blessings.........

Brenda said...

You are def. not a quitter. I have Stormy Martins book and just thought I had to get into it. Never really did it all and put it away. god new the time would come that he would send me back to it. This time the spirit was so in it that I knew it was time.
Also about the diet honey you are beautiful and not fat. Be healthy and happy with you...those are us that have alot more weight than you. I will be happy just just get comfy and happy.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

You aren't a quitter. You just put those things on hold. Sometimes we need to do that. You have so much on your plate and you are an encouragement to so many people. You are a blessing!!

Gina

Kristen said...

Oh Sharon, aren't we all! I know that there are so many wonderful things to participate in and sometimes we just overcommit or things change. That is life and as long as we keep it Christ centered then, I think it is ok! :) Have fun with your movies and pictures. Sounds like a comfort food weekend to me! :)

Liz said...

You're in good company around here! I fell off the excercise wagon two weeks ago. I worked out this morning for the first time, but it didnt make me feel any better. Sometimes it feels like spitting in the ocean... but I'll plug ahead.

At least you can remember to post your tags. I'm terrible at that! Have a great day.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I have been trying to lose weight for 10 years or more...LOL

....your day sounds wonderful...I am about 10 years behind on my scrapping too..

..btw...you WON my 200th post giveaway!!!!!......

Hugs,
Robin

Hootin' Anni said...

Hi Sharon...I came by to see if you'd done a Show N Tell....but don't tell me....you quit? [just kidding of course] I DO know, and I DO understand how time in a day just isn't enough some times. And you, I know you will, get back to your Bible Study when the time is right for you!!! HE will wait for all you know!!!

I would like to send an invite to have you drop by my Friday's Show N Tell...it's my Pay it Forward Gift I received!!!

If you can't that too is understandable...just know I'm sending you wishes for a pleasant weekend!!!

Loving Annie said...

Quitting is just another way of waiting until the time is right :)

When it is meant to be, you'll do either or both.

Be gentle on yourself while you focus on other priorities.

jennifer said...

Your are beautiful, inside and out, Beth Moore and diet or NO! I have done that, announced that I am dieting on my blog and the mysteriously.......... it all fades away! I went a bit lax today, but I am still determined to take some of this poundage off!

Loved the honesty in this post!! You are wonderful to me.

Jennifer

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, I would never think of you as a quitter..you just have a lot happening in your life and needed to set your studies aside for awhile.
As for losing weight it's a journey and you've just taken a small detour....you will get back on track.
I think your weekend plans sound great.....enjoy. Hugs, Linda

Julieann said...

Your weekend sounds glorious!! ...and you are not a quitter--it was just not the right timming:)

Julieann

Mary said...

Sharon,

I certainly understand. We all have times when we do not accomplish our goals. After all, we are human and I know that you will do these things when the time is right. Remember, there is a season for everything under heaven.

Sounds like you have been a busy lady. I've been a little lax in getting over to visit and for that I apologize. Things got a little hectic here.

Take care and have a safe and fun weekend.

Love and blessings,
Mary

Jan Parrish said...

Sharon - don't beat yourself up or place pressure on yourself for being the mother of the groom. You'll have fun and love every moment- regardless of your weight.

Extend the grace to yourself that you give to others. With all the changes that are going on in your life, you need to cut back, not add. Just relax and enjoy the journey.

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon, you are truly the sweetest soul. I agree that you are NOT a quitter, just not ready for these things right now. The time will come when they will perfectly click into your life, and that's when you'll appreciate them the most. Remember sweetie, there's a reason and a season for everything! Have a lovely weekend sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Jaderocks said...

You didn't say I'm never doing the Beth Moore bible study again or I'm never dieting again that would be quitting . You are just waiting until the time is right. Having a Saturday all to myself would be......I don't know...... it has never happened. But I would enjoy it.
Good luck on the photos you will be delighted when it is caught up.

Sondra said...

I think we all start out with great intentions on many issues but our lives get so busy. I had to give up my piano lessons so I felt like a quitter too! Oh, well it is not like we can't just jump in where we left off. No big deal.

Mimi said...

we're not quitters...we just run out of time and have to change our priorities!!!
and family is definitely a priority worth making the time for...
so do not feel bad...
and you know you can loose 12 pounds gain them back and loose them again by october!!!
thats the life of a woman...

Daughter of the King said...

Not a quitter to me
Life happens and sometimes things have to go and then we we group and weed out things in our lives...that is called Prioritizing...learned daily.
Have a wonderful day with old movies and working on your photos.
Deby

Denise said...

I have been seeing the name Beth Moore on several blogs... can you tell me a bit about her..... which bible study is the best to start?

Love your pictures as always

hugs....

bee'nme said...

Hey Sharon!

I SO appreciate (and am touched) by the honesty and transparency of this post...what a sweet spirit you have, and I imagine from all I've read on your pages that you are far more forgiving of others than you are of yourself...we should start a club! :o) Allow me to briefly tell you what God did with this Beth Moore "quitter"...about 11 years ago, I took my very first Beth Moore study (it was her very first study too)...LOVED it, it revolutionized my walk with God...but then I started a second one and just fizzled out after about 4 weeks...Quitter, yep, so I told myself...to make a long story short, I went a VERY long time after that with no Bible study in my life, but God used that hunger in me and eventually had me start an evening women's ministry that used Beth Moore's studies as the centerpiece and I went on to lead and complete 9 of her studies by God's grace and the ministry grew to 200+ women every Tuesday night...all learning and growing...some starting, and stopping and coming back again...and I never fretted when some would "quit" because I KNEW that once they tasted of His Living Water, they would always come back to Him for more...

Beth's studies are challenging and time consuming, but are wonderful (the John study was a neat one)...I can say with full assurance that you are not a quitter...seeds have been planted and work is going on under the surface...His timing, even in the midst of what seems like a failure, is perfect.

BTW, this post of yours just inspired me for what I will write about for Way Back When-sday this week (1997 - my first Beth Moore Bible study)...thank you!!)

As to diets...oh goodness...I have zero victory in this department, or so it feels...but I feel that God is still shaping me, so to speak, through each "failure"...and I have to trust Him even in that - only He can make beauty from brokeness, so I just have to give Him the pieces of my busted promises and plans and know that He is working them into a masterpiece...

I apologize for the LONG comment...but your honesty really inspired me and I just started typing! I am really so glad to have found your blog a while back and I thoroughly enjoy coming here often. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs and Blessings,
Becky S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...