Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Clown'n around!

Call me a nut! I can't even explain this - and who says that I have to explain it? I know I am crazy, but when Hayden and I were at Goodwill the other day, I saw this funny guy and grabbed him! Something about him calls to me! I paid $1.99 for him. For the record.....I do not like clowns! I do not collect clowns now and I never will collect clowns! Please do not send me clowns! LOL!
There is just something about this little guy that I like! I instantly thought he would be so cute as a birthday celebration decoration. I always make a cute little display for whomever has a birthday around here and I think he will fit perfectly in with my other items to help wish the intended a happy birthday!
I also thought he might be fun in with my Valentine's decorations and/or my 4th of July decorations. He might even be cute to use for New Year's! He is not worth anything I am sure, but probably from the 50s or 60s. He still has his sticker on him and he is made by Wales. He's big too, he is 9 inches tall and he is in perfect condition, not one crack or chip! I searched for him on Ebay, hoping to learn a little more about him, but could not find anything. Does anyone out there know any information on him?
I think he looks like something you would see in Mary Engelbreit's magazine. Don't you think he's fun???

"The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad!" Psalm 126:3

Have a happy day!

~ Sharon

15 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! I think he's really cute, and I'm NO WAY a clown lover either! (You either loves them or hates them! LOL) I probably would have bought him too. Good idea for the b-day celebrations! :o)

Sharon said...

Good morning Mardell! Well, at least I got one vote of support!
:0) I hope you have a terrific day and things go your way!

Hugs, Sharon

Simply Heart And Home said...

Gosh, Sharon. Clowns.... yikes. There is something not right about them..... Ever since I saw Pennywise (IT) I am scarred forever of clowns. (not looking at yours)

Candy :) said...

yes, the clown is a great idea for a birthday decoration or even a cake topper. :)

Pam said...

He's adorable and HAPPY! Doing somersaults in celebration of whatever you want to celebrate!!

LBP said...

Sorry, even though he is "cute" he still skeeves me out. There is something "evil" about clowns!!! LOL!

Linda

Daughter of the King said...

The last picture..his eyes are a bit scary to me....but you know a bit of whimsy is good in your life.

Deby

Feathering My Nest said...

Hi Sharon, I'm just like you. It's weird I have never liked clowns or mimes. I think yours is cute though. He would be cute for celebrations.

Only two more days of work for you!! Yay!

I love you, Kathi

Ruthie said...

He looks like he's celebrating Spring! So enjoy! :)

Kelly said...

Yeh me too ...was never crazy about clowns, mimes, etc...but this guy seems like he is so whimsical, he would be great to have on the table for birthdays!
Maybe next to the napkins by the silverware that is out for cake etc, or in the middle of a plate with birthday cupcakes surrounding him???
He was a good find.

Have a great evening!!

Denise said...

I love clowns and have about 10 because I was voted the class clown many years ago.......... I never set out to collect them I just eneded up with a few.......

soooooo you be nice to him..... He makes people laugh and that is good medicine.............hahaha


hugs

Linda said...

This little clown is cute. He'll be fun to use for all sorts of celebrations. Linda

Kelli said...

I'm not a clown lover either, but I have to say that this little fellow is cute! Is he very heavy? If not, he would make a cute cake topper. Or just put him in the middle of a plate of cookies!
Hugs,
Kelli

Mimi said...

I do like clowns...and he will make a good addition to any celebration...be it birthday, new years, 4th of July, etc, etc etc

Brenda said...

Sharon I was about to get worried and then I read on. I have to remember your funny side and then I can see what you see in him.A friendly fellow needing a home lol.
I do not like clowns,but he is a cutie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...