Monday, April 28, 2008

Church with the Family

My sweet mother-in-law, Alice, called us a few weeks ago and said that her and my father-in-law, Jim, would like to come to church with us and then take us out for breakfast to celebrate Eric's birthday (4/29) Jim's birthday (4/9). What a great idea!
They skipped their church and visited our church. It was so fun to have them sit with us during the service as well as Mackenzie and Brittany. Cameron couldn't be with us because he was out of town for a college retreat. The sermon was so good! It was just what I needed to hear about having faith and trusting God, especially when you have been praying for something and waiting for something for so long. Perfect for Eric and I right now! God is amazing!
Afterwords we went out to a lovely breakfast! Above is Hayden, Grayson and Alice after a scrumptious meal! What a delight to be treated to such a wonderful meal!
Alice and Brittany are busy in a good conversation.


Mackenzie and I feeling stuffed and enjoying our visit.

I am so thankful that both sets of grandparents live so close to us and most of our extended family live close too. Family is so important and we truly feel blessed that we get to see both sides all the time!

"And I will give them one heart and one way that they may honor Me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants." Jeremiah 32:39

Love, Sharon

10 comments:

Mardell said...

Good morning Sharon!
You certainly had a lovely weekend! I enjoyed reading your post. Great pictures, too!!

PS: love your little doggy ~ especially now that he has eyes & a nose! :o)

Have a super Monday.
Hugs!

Feathering My Nest said...

What a wonderful time together. I'm so glad you could all go to church together and then celebrate birthdays.

Happy birhday to Eric and Jim. Remember Eric calling me a "Raisin" cause I am older than he is (by one month). Well, he is almost right. I'm calling this the "Year of the Wrinkle" for myself. Since he calls me a raisin, then he shall be affectionately called a nut by me! Ha

Happy Monday!! Love ya, Kathi

Linda said...

What a happy Sunday...there is nothing better than being with our family on this wonderful day. Linda

Sondra said...

How nice to have everyone together in church like that. I love when all my boys go and we fill up a whole pew. You all look so happy on your day together.

My Grandkids ROCK said...

I read your blog daily and love to see the joy you get just being with your family. I feel the same way about mine. I recently lost my husband in a plane accident and miss him so much. It makes me happy to see someone who loves their husband and tells him and shows him often. Keep blogging. I love to check up on you. Pam

nannykim said...

God's gift of a family is so precious--it is one of the blessings we should constantly praise Him for!

Kelly said...

Oh Happy Birthday to your dear Eric!!!! What a wonderful Sunday! So much to be grateful for!

Love,
Kelly

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! I hope that you had a great weekend! I also hope that your week goes well too! Enjoy the sunshine if you get it!

:0) Sharon

jennifer said...

Sharon, this is a blessing. To sit on a church row with so many members of your family is a gift from God!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

You are blessed with such a loving family. Your Sunday sounds delightful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...