Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Best Cake Ever!

I wanted to show you the cake that I made for Mackenzie and Brittany's engagement announcement dinner. This is one of the most yummy cakes I have ever had! It is so good and so easy to make! As you can tell from the recipe below, I have had this one for a few years! I really should copy it onto a cute little reicpe card, but I really doubt that I will!
You will need a boxed chocolate cake mix and the ingredients to make it (eggs, oil, water), sweetened condensed milk, caramel ice cream topping, whipped topping and two Heath bars. First you make the boxed chocolate cake according to directions in a 13x9 pan.
Then you poke holes all over the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Make the holes go all the way to the bottom of the pan.
Then take the sweetened condensed milk and pour it in all the holes, be patient, this takes a little time!

Then you pour caramel ice cream topping in all of the holes. If you have extra milk and/or topping, pour it down the sides of the cake and just pour it all over the cake. Next you spread whipped topping all over the top of the cake and then smash two Heath bars and sprinkle it all over the top.


That's it! You will impress your friends! It is really rich and gooey and yummy! You could probably make different versions of it, like strawberry cake with the milk and chocolate ice cream syrup, etc. Be creative! We need an official name for this cake, does anyone have a good suggestion?

Enjoy!

"How wonderful are the good things You keep for those who honor You! Everyone knows how good You are, how securely You protect those who trust You." Psalm 31:19

Blessings, Sharon

14 comments:

Kelley said...

Looks scrumptious...thanks for sharing the recipe!
Have a blessed day! Ü

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Wow! That does look like the best cake ever!!! Yummm!!
Michelle

Hootin' Anni said...

Oh Sharon.....my heart is throbbing! I need a piece of this....NOW!!!! It looks sooooooooo delicious. What sold me is the caramel. I love chocolate and caramel. Wow. I am literally drooling.

And I must add, a big Texas-sized Congratulations to Mackenzie's engagement. I can't wait for all the updates on everything involved in the upcoming marriage. How exciting!!! As Johnny Depp says in the movie P O T C ...."Oh, I LOVE weddings"!!!!

Heather said...

OK Sharon...I am absolutely starving now!!! You MUST send each reader a piece of cake IMMEDIATELY:)

As for the name, hmmm....I think something like Sinful Sundae Cake. Because it's definitely 'sinful'!!!

Love and Blessings and Happy Baking:)

Kim said...

I will have to try this. I love Heath bars. The cake looks really good and easy to make.
A great way to welcome a new member to your family!

Penless Thoughts said...

Looks yummy!!! I'll have to try that one. I know my son-in-love would love it as he loves chocolate.
Susan

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon! Yum! I bet there aren't many leftovers ~ if any! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. It really does look easy to make. Did you forget to add the calorie content? LOL

Mardell :o)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

So this is the cake you mentioned to me before! I must have a piece! I will have to make it soon. I am guessing it has to be refrigerated????

Sharon said...

Mardell ~ I don't think we want to know the calorie count! LOL!

Gina ~ Yes the cake has to be refrigerated, that is if there is any left over!!!

I am loving my day off! You'll never guess what I'm listening to....I have my Christmas Guitar CD in, it is instrumental and just makes me feel so happy and cozy! I have my house all clean and a candle lit! I am going to make cookies now and then Eric and I are going to Hayden's track meet. We are having pork chops for dinner.

Hugs everyone!! Sharon

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, that looks good! YUM!!!
~Kelli

nannykim said...

Wow, I will have to earmark this one...perhaps for my sons birthday in June! Looks great.

Denise said...

Better Than Sex Cake.........

ahahhahah sorry just had to say that............ looks great and I think I will try that out soon.........


hugs

Laura said...

We LOVE this cake! It is the best thing ever. I have to make it when there is company so there won't be any left over!

jennifer said...

I make the same cake too but I cube the cake and layer the ingredients and cake together in a trifle bowl. MMMMM it is so good and gets better after spending a day or two in the fridge.

We have a name for it. The real, off of the internet recipe site name, was BTS cake ( Better Than Sex Cake). Not family friendly so the kids started calling it "That Bowl Cake". And you are right, YUMMO!

Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...