Monday, March 3, 2008

Sister Time!

On Saturday my sister, Kathi, called and invited me to meet her for lunch. We both drove into the big city and went to a darling place for lunch. It's called Ruthie Bs and it is a darling antique store where you can also eat lunch. (I was still a little under the weather and you can see it in my face).

This is what I ordered, tomato bisque soup. Oh my goodness, it was delicious! Before she took our order our waitress sprinkled fairy dust on our table, which was dried lavender! So fun!


Look at this store! It is mouth watering! It's wall to wall and floor to ceiling full of antique treasures and goodies!



So many things! So little time!
Things are just glaumed in there (glaum is not a word...but it should be!). She has themed rooms where you can eat, this is a white and pink room. She has a Christmas room, Halloween room, a library, a red room, etc. it is a super fun store!


I was excited when I found this old crepe Easter bunny because I have the exact same one! I found mine at a garage sale for pennies and this one is marked $65.00! I get so excited when I see something of mine and it is worth something!


And what is a lunch date with your sister without a quick trip to the Goodwill??? We finished our day at Goodwill and both of us found some great treasures! You can kind of see through my bag what I found, two vintage paper mache Easter eggs! I collect them and was thrilled to find two! I will show them later when I get out all my Easter decorations.



The best part of the day was visiting with my sweet sister. I love Kathi so much and we are so much more than sisters, we are best friends! We have helped each other through all of life's major milestones from dating boys, to planning weddings, to having children and more. We had an excellent talk about all kinds of subjects, mainly our roles as mother and wife. But it was really neat because we both have blogs, we talked about all of you who are our good blogging friends. We caught up with each other about all of you just like old acquaintances do. It was really fun! I wish all of you could have been there with us!





Kathi and I look so different, she has beautiful curly black hair and brown eyes and I have straight blond hair with green eyes, but we are blood sisters! I am the only one of us four kids that has green eyes like our Daddy Kathi and our other sister and brother have brown eyes like our Mother.



"Thy faithfulness continues throughout all generations." Psalm 119:90



"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philipians 1:3

Blessings, Sharon

18 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness my two fave blogging ladies!!!! You guys look awesome as always!!! And that place, I am going to have to find some place like that....and the Goodwill that you guys go to looks NOTHING like the ones that we have here....there is one out by my Aunts that I am going to have to go to and see what it is like there.... and I never find anything!The one in the city by us has a sign on the door...*please hold onto your purse*....my Mom almost turned around but I made her go in, haha! have a great week!!
Hope each day this week Sharon you feel better!

Kelly

jennifer said...

How blessed the two of you are to share an afternoon together. You both looked happy to be with each other, very comfortable and peaceful.

I don't have a sister but if I went to luch with my cousin-who-is-as-close-as-a-sister, it wouldn't be blog worthy, I don't think. It would be me fussing about hubby (she is the only one that I will gripe about him to) and her showing me her latest tatoos. LOL
That would make some interesting photos.......
Have a happy week and I hope you continue feeling better. Jen

Rhondi said...

Hi Sharon Your sister Kathy left a comment on my blog yesterday which is how I found you. My sister and I have the same close freindship as you two do. The only trouble is it takes 15 hours drive to visit her! Looks like you had a wonderful time and that tea shop/store looks amazing. I love it too when I see something in a store that I paid pennies for at a garage sale. Rhondi

Pam said...

What a wonderful day you had with your sister!
I don't have a sister, but was blessed with 3 beautiful daughters, and I enjoyed watching them grow together. They are grown up now, but very close, and I just love seeing their relationship continue to blossom.

Thanks for visiting me at my blog recently, and for your sweet comment!
Blessings.

Sondra said...

OOHHH, I could have spent hours in that store. Looks like so much fun. Funny you say that you and Kathi don't look alike. The first time I went to her blog and realized she was your sister I thought - wow, I should have figured that out, they look so much alike!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful time with your sister! That little shop sounds like someplace that I'd love to visit (and eat there!). Thank you for sharing your day and your pictures with us.

Gina

Candy :) said...

BEAUTIFUL ladies, inside and out!

I wish I was a part of your family!!!


:)
candy

Linda said...

What a fun day you had, and that is a great lunch spot, so many neat things to see. I love those cool eggs you found at the Goodwill..I'm always on the lookout for them too.
You are so blessed to have a sister as she is blessed to have you...I'm glad your day was happy. Linda

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I loved our shopping day together and encouraging conversation. I love you too. I have many happy memories from Saturday. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I think you look very pretty. Love, Kathi

Brenda said...

Love the pictures and the time with your sis. It looks amazing.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon...I saw Kathi's pics and you two look like you had a great time!! I wish I could have lunch with one of my sisters but they are all on the opposite coast...

I think I would LOVE to lose myself in that place for a while!!
Hugs,
Robin

Stephanie said...

I have been to Ruthie B's ! Isnt that place WONDERFUL! Im so glad to know somebody else enjoyed it as much as we did. I was just blogging about this place a month ago, and I found your blog through a friends.... glad I did !
We are going back down there soon, its about a little over an hours drive for us, I want to bring everything home from Ruthies!! Next time we are eating lunch there!! Also, what Goodwill is your favorite? The one in Albany is so much fun!!!
Have a great day,
Stephanie

Nunne said...

I wish I had a sister! But I have just a brother, just ONE... (love him!)
It is geat to visit a new friend like you, found you at "Lille meg"'s page.
Take care! God bless!
Hug from Norway, Nunne.

Mimi said...

what a wonderful fun day with Kathi...isn't it fun to browse through an antique store see all the great and wonderful treasures...then go to the goodwill store and buy some of those treasures for pennies!!!
gotta love it!!!
Mimi

Kristen said...

Oh that place looks absolutely wonderful! Oh, how did you even leave?? :) That bisque looks so good! It is early in the morning and I am now craving a bisque? :) Hahahaha!

You can definitely see the family resemblance in your smiles! What a blessing that you are close enough to each other that you can meet like that!

SweetAnnee said...

Come get me next time!!
PLEASE..
deena

A Romantic Porch said...

What a touching day and you are both so beautiful. xoRachel

Jan Parrish said...

But you have the same skin tone. My sis doesn't look like me either. I posted about her late in Feb.

Sisters are such a gift from God aren't they?

I hope you're better now. I'm just recovering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...