Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our Easter Sunday

We started off Easter morning with a visit from the Easter Bunny (just kidding!). Our tradition for our kids is really small, just a chocolate bunny and an alabaster egg. Usually they get a little larger bunny, but I shopped late this year and these were all that were left! We have done this for many years so now they all have a neat bowl full of different colored, pretty, alabaster eggs.
Then we went to church and worshiped the Lord and heard a great sermon.
This is what I wore for Easter Sunday. Eric bought be this pretty Lilly, oh, it smells so good! I just love it!
Eric's family all came over for a wonderful meal and for wonderful fellowship. Pictured above are Eric's mother, Alice, Brittany, our niece, Monique, Eric's sister Stacey, her hubby, Jim, Jim's mother, Fran, and standing there in the back is Eric's Dad, Jim. We are missing Eric's brothers family, but they live on the East coast; they were in our thoughts and prayers though. Here's the other side of the room, Eric's Dad, Jim, Grayson, Hayden, Mackenzie and our nephew, Preston. Our son, Cameron, wasn't with us because he is spending spring break in California with his friends. We miss him, but he called after church and he sounded great. He went to Easter service down there with his friends and went to a big family gathering.

Above is a picture of our big meal! I made a ham, mashed potatoes and gravy and the rolls. I had the other women bring the rest. We also served a big bowl of Eric's homemade applesauce! It was all so delicious!

Here's Eric carving the ham. He looks like he is really getting into it! The flowers in the back are a gift from Mackenzie to Brittany, aren't they pretty!

Here are the kids enjoying their meal, relaxing and visiting.
Here are the adults doing the same!
Stacey and her kids, Monique and Preston. What a beautiful group of people!
Here's Kenzie and Brittany, aren't they sweet!

Here's the other young couple! Jim and Stacey, they just got married last summer! They're still newly weds!
Guess who did the dishes???? Yep, that's my hubby with the help of his mother and Grayson.
After dinner we played Trivial Pursuit. Boy oh boy, things get pretty competitive! Eric's family is so fun and we ALWAYS play games at all our gatherings. It is really, really fun!
The "other team" deciding their answer.
My teammates, Monique, Kenzie, Brittany and Alice (laughing hard at something). We lost, but that is okay. After the game we had wonderful pie and played more word games. It was a beautiful day.
But, even with all the fun and laughter, we want to pause and remember the real reason for the season!

"Jesus said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep." John 10:10, 11.


In Him ~ Sharon

22 comments:

CIELO said...

I looks that you had a great Easter! It's so much fun to have family and friends come over on special ocassions.... but of course, the best part of Easter, even with all the fun and laughter, is our Savior.... aren't we lucky!

Have a great day

cielo

Brenda said...

Looks like a great fun day! The family is so sweet.
I woke up blue also. My client isn't well and still in hospital. The family has came in so today im off. My mind says get up and clean,my body says rest. I never get a day to really clean though.
I am missing Rian very bad and know in a few months he will be gone.I did talk to him at Easter and he was in a movie and had no one to eat with. I am also missing mom. Not being with them Easter.I am tired of putting on my happy face with a heavy heart.

Kelley said...

What a wonderful Easter you had!
I just love your rose dishes, they are gorgeous!
Wishing you a blessed day!

Randi Jo :) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like your blog so far as well and have bookmarked it! I will be back! :) Have a wonderful day! :)

Jan Parrish said...

Looks like a wonderful Easter!
We had quite a crowd too. The kids, my parents, and my daughters in laws.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I enjoyed your photos Sharon...I am so glad you had such a wonderful Easter surrounded by your Loved Ones!
Hugs,
Robin

Lilly said...

Too cute! It looks like you had a wonderful Easter! I'm so glad! God bless that you did! :D That Lilly looks beautiful...Lilly's are one of my favourite flowers because they're gorgeous, and they have my name! :) LOL! I hope you have a good week Sharon!

A Romantic Porch said...

That sounds like so much fun. AND we really have a true reason to celebrate! Love, Rachel

Mary said...

Sharon,

What fun! All of your photos are lovely. I forgot to take my camera to our Easter gathering. We did have a good time and Mom made sooo much food. She always insists on doing the entire dinner unless she isn't feeling up to par. Last year each of us took something. This year she insisted she do it all.

I love that you play games at your gatherings. Games are a lot of fun. We usually eat and then sit around and reminisce.

Take care and thanks for sharing. You looked beautiful in your Easter outfit.

Blessings,
Mary

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Thank you for sharing your Easter pictures. Looks like a great (and delicious) time was had by all! I love your pretty floral plates. :)

Thanks for sharing your caramel cake recipe. Oh gosh that should so good. Is there a particular toffee candy bar that you use? I don't think I've ever eaten one before.

Gina

Laura said...

What a fun Easter. That is what I miss about living away from my family. :-(

justabeachkat said...

Hi Sharon

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm not sure how you found me, but I'm so glad you did. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome.

I've enjoyed my visit here too. It looks like you had a wonderful Easter filled with food and family.

Hugs!
KD

Daughter of the King said...

What a great family and now wonderful sweet memories.
I am glad that you don't live to close because you might have to lock up thos dishes of yours, I think I am crossing the line into coveting, Sharon....

Sharon said...

Several of you have commented on my pretty rose dishes. I LOVE them too! The story is they were Eric's grandmothers and she gave them to Eric's mother Alice. They are not Alice's style, so she gave them to me. I absolutely love them and they go perfect in our home. They are by Johnson Brothers and the pattern is Rose Chintz. She also gave me a few pieces of Ruby glass with the Kings Crown pattern also known as Thumb Print and I love them too. I paired the dishes up with really pretty ruby wine goblets, but they are not old and they are cheap! I think they are Anchor Hocking and they are about 3.99 a stem. You usually see them in the stores at Christmastime. My sister Kathi also found me about 4 of them at Goodwill and gave them to me!

Thanks for the comments!

Love you guys! Sharon

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, what a lovely Easter you had. I enjoyed see all the photos of your family and you look so pretty...your day was truly a happy one. Linda

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
It looks like you had a wonderful Easter with your family! The story about your Dad's stroke really touched my heart, you're so blessed to still have him with you.
I lost my dad in April of 93 and I still miss him very much!

I love your Easter decorations, as always they're beautiful and unique.

I hope the rest of your week is wonderful!
Love, Velvia

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, What a wonderful Easter day. I'm glad you had such a great family day. You look very pretty in your outfit. I love you, and I talk more later this week. You are the only one I am writing to. Love, kathi

Jan Parrish said...

You have an award on my blog. Stop on over and snag it!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous dishes and a beautiful lilac jacket, what a wonderful Easter! Our Easter was very different my Husband had to work, my Mom was at the hospital with my Aunt and it was just the kids and I. It was the first Holiday in all my life I did not spend it with my Mom or with my Husband since we were married. But I was thankful .....thankful to have them. Oh Sharon it has been such a long week.....How refreshing to be able to come here and smile.

((HUGS))
Kelly

Mary Isabella said...

Thank you so much for sharing all of these beautiful pictures of your Easter dinner. It seems to have been a fun day for all of you. ..... In his service....Mary

jennifer said...

Sharon, wow, you have posted so much and I need more time to actually come and read. I picture scanned a lot so I will be back to READ you. I love the Jadeite salt and pepper shakers on the stove!! You know that caught my eye!

I hope you have a good weekend and I will come back and read soon when things aren't quites so crazy around here.

Be blessed.

Jennifer

nannykim said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Easter (oh , and I love your purple outfit!!). The fun Families have is such a gift from God--it was one of the things that caused my oldest son to seek the Lord. He saw the difference between families that didn't know the Lord and ones that did; it was the love of God being displayed that caused my son to realize how true the gospel and the God of the Bible is--because there is a remarkable difference in those that follow and know him and those that don't!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...