Thursday, March 27, 2008

My husband, My hero!

~0~0~0~
I would like to sing the praises of my sweet
husband today. Lately he has been doing a lot of little
jobs for me around the house and
I thought I would share them with you.
Sometimes a girl can take these
kinds of things for granted
and I decided I wanted to show
my admiration for him today.
~0~0~0~

How would you like to come home from work to see a note like this??? My husband, Eric, gets love letters like this every so often from me! He is just so sweet, he just quickly and quietly repairs things for me. I realized the toilet was broken while I was getting ready for work and he was already at his job. I did leave another note on the back door giving him a heads up about what he was going to find. By the time I got home from work, he had gone to the hardware store, got the part and fixed it!
A few days later the oven element broke. I called around for the part and it was really hard to locate. Most places said they would have to order it and we would have to wait a week! I finally called a repairman and he said he had the part in stock, but they don't sell parts alone, you have to have them do the repair. He said it would be $67.00 for the part alone plus labor for a total of about $150.00 to fix it. I thought, maybe we should do that so it would be done quickly and Eric wouldn't have a big project to do. Eric said, "No way! That's a rip off! We will order the part and I will fix it". I kept calling around and finally found the part locally for $57.00 and Eric went out and picked up the part that day.
He went right to work on it that evening and he fixed it in 15 minutes flat! Wow what service and the repair man is quite handsome! I was able to cook dinner in the oven that very night! He fixes things for me all the time without complaining, or lording it over me or acting like he deserves a big reward or something. He is such a hard worker and so sweet. He never acts like he has done something grand and I owe him a favor.

By the time the weekend rolled around, I had another "honey do" for him. As you know we just bought new furniture and we purchased new window coverings to coordinate with the new look.

He had to take down the old window treatments, which were a mess! When we first moved in our home 14 years ago we had so many things to do, so I decided that while he was at work I would hang the shades, lace panel and valance. You should have seen my work! The nails were cattywampus and the drapes were barely hanging on (but, hey, they did stay up for 14 years, so I shouldn't feel too bad should I??? LOL!).

When Eric does a job, he does it right! He measures twice and cuts once. He does topnotch work, and he is quick too. He doesn't mess around, he gets in there and gets the job done. He is not a procrastinator. He has high standards and does top quality work. These new drapes will not be falling down!
He did a beautiful job! We always flirt terribly with each other when we are working together like this, it is really fun!

As a sidebar, we ordered new lamps and they finally arrived. I think I will be showing the new bedroom sometime next week, so stay tuned!

I am so thankful that my husband is such a great handyman! I want you to know too that I do not demand that he do these things around our home or act all pouty or mad if he can't do things right away. I ask politely and sweetly, and I wait until he has the time to do them. I want to be kind and loving to him and show him respect.
I love him so much and am so proud of him. He is a timber faller by trade. Have any of you been watching the History channel's new show called Ax Men? That is what my husband does, except he is a cutter, not a logger and he does not have a foul mouth like a lot of those guys do on that show! He does very dangerous work. I pray for him all through the day. God has kept him safe all these years. He has had a two bad accidents and I am so thankful that God protected him and he recovered from both of them. I want to esteem my husband and take good care of him. I want to make him proud and have lots of fun with him. I strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman for him. My goal:

"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Proverbs 31:10-12

God truly blessed me with Eric! I really love this man!

"Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband." I Corinthians 7:3

Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dear hubby. I will testify the he is everything you say. He is happy to take care of anything that needs fixing and works very hard. He's a great husband and you are a great wife. What a super team. You glorify God in your marriage and family. I love you, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
You truly are blessed ~ both you & Eric for having each other. What a wonderful family you have. Love your four boys!! I check your blog every day. You're a wonderful role model.

God bless,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Dear Mardell,

Welcome to my blog! I am so glad that you enjoy it! Thank you so very much for the kind comment! You are very sweet! I am touched and honored that you think I am a good role model. When I started this blog that was one of my goals was to encourage and inspire other women and in turn, I would be encouraged and inspired. God is amazing how He puts us together isn't it!!! Do you have a blog? If so, I would love to come and visit you. Are you married? Do you have children? I would love to chat with you. You are free to leave comments here anytime or use the chat box on the side of my blog.

I hope you have a beautiful day!

Hugs, Sharon

Kim said...

What a wonderful tribute. I think though it is a team work issue, when we as wives get unreasonable in our demands or treat our homes as mine and not ours in decorating or daily workings, we then treat them as the hired help. So I would commend not only Eric, but you on putting each other before yourselves. With even many of the small items around our house I ask my husbands opinion. When we don't both totally agree with continue to look until we both love the results.
While my husband isn't as handy with repairs he has always tried when he feels comfortable that he will not do more damage then good. But since he does page layout and design and has also been an editor and has gladly reviewed and corrected grammer and spelling on my blog. He also adjusts pictures or anything else I need. That is why sometimes I may write a post, but it doesn't go up for a while, until it goes through his check. He never changes the content or meaning I want, just corrects spelling and clarifies my thoughts. He also then knows what's going through this pea sized brain of mine.
Have you started the new job? If so, how's it going?

Heather said...

Hi Sharon,

As you probably know, I am a single mom. I am very happy with being married to Jesus only...most of the time. It is only when I read beautiful blogs like yours and Kathi's when I find myself longing for an 'earthly' husband.

I am so glad you encourage and appreciate your husband. So many women talk so negatively about their spouses. I love to hear godly women edify the man God has brought them.

What a wonderful, Christ-like example you both are for your children! Your young men are learning so much, watching their dad, about becoming head of the household. And..they are learning what it looks like to have a good godly woman in their life.

Love and Blessings to you!

Randi Jo :) said...

awww what a sweet post! :) I also agree that I am so thankful for my hubby. I love husbands and wives that appreciate each other and respect and love each other! What a godly example that is!

We have such an awesome marriage too --- but my hubby is very much NOT a handyman haha. But his strengths very much make up for any "non strength" he has haha.

Hope you're having a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello again Sharon,
Thank you for your kind welcome! You are so sweet.

I don't have a blog. I'd love to someday, though. I'll be 44 this July. I have three wonderful children ~ Vincent, will be 20 in July. He'll be graduating from college this Spring in Criminal Justice. He is our "Policeman!"

My daughter, Liana, will be 18 in July. She'll graduate from HS in June. Then off to college for a nursing career ~ hopefully.

My youngest ~ William, will turn 4 in June. Wow, what a stretch in years. I was nearly 40 when I found out I was expecting. A complete surprise.

I didn't mean to write a book here! LOL Again, thank you for your wonderful blog. I love it.
Hugs!
Mardell

Jaderocks said...

That was so nice that you told us how much you appreciate your husband, He really does seem like a wonderful man. In fact, your whole family sounds like a very loving close family. I enjoy your blog. My husband is also so hard working and helpful. I think after reading your blog I will make sure I tell him how much I appreciate his dedication and love for our family.
Thanks!!!

Kristen said...

Your love for him is so very evident! It is such a blessing to truly love and want to spend time with your husband! What a blessing it is when God gives us that gift! I am with you on Proverbs 31! I am totally a Proverbs 31 woman or strive to be! :) Sorry I have been MIA lately. It is begining to get crazy around here with my DH departure growing closer and closer! HUGS!!!

Sondra said...

How sweet of you to make this post about your wonderful hubby! I am lucky in that way too. Sandy does so much around here and always makes sure it is done right. However, I should really take some lessons from you. Sometimes I want things done right away and get a little frustrated with him. You are such a good wife.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

You have a treasure of a husband! Thank you for the reminder to be thankful for our husbands and truly appreciate them!

Gina

Daughter of the King said...

Sharon,
I will have to say, that what you have written reminds me so totally of my relationship, with my my beloved husband.
Our jokes, our friendship, he fixes and does everything to include making breakfast every morning, a 2 egg cheese omelet.
I get up EARLY with him, we eat, watch the local news,then he does his written and morning ritual.
Me, I make his coffee for the road, his lunch, with a note,and get his clothes ready, iron or whatever..and send him off with kisses and prayers.
I am so blessed. We enjoy each other's company and flirting and he truly loves me and has seen me at my worse, but always finds the best. At times I cannot bleieve how blessed I have been to have such a wise, loving, Godly man. We met in high school. He is well thought of wherever he goes,like you, I could go on forever.
thank you for letting us in on this part of your life.
To God be the Glory.
deby

Denise said...

awwwwwwwwwww how sweet.... what a wonderful blessing God has granted you..... I was 52 before God gave me Dennis... so I have just begun... How wonderful that your DH is a handyman. I have had to fix things over the years as a single woman and did not do a very good job at all......... Now I just ask and my sweet Dennis does it when he can and he always does it right.... Your tribute to your DH was wonderful...

Penless Thoughts said...

Sounds like you are indeed blessed with a wonderful hubby :o)
Susan

Brenda said...

Sharon that is very sweet. I have told you so many times I know. You are a blessed lady.

A Romantic Porch said...

What a beautiful tribute to BOTH of you! Love, Rachel

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
What a beautiful post! It touches my heart to hear women honor their husbands. Our husbands need to hear from us how much we love and appreciate them. The world degrades men and their importance in the family so much any more, it's up to us as wives to lift them up.

I would like to borrow your idea and write a post about my husband if you don't mind. I'll be sure to give you credit for the idea!
Love, Velvia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...