Monday, March 10, 2008

Little gift

Last Friday was one of my co-worker's last day. She transferred to a different medical clinic. Her name is Diana and we sat literally inches from each other!


We actually job shared, so we were rarely working on the same days, but we became friends. We had a rocky start and had some personality issues, which we overcame and I give God the glory for that! It happened last spring and it affected me deeply and was really hard, but God gave me strength. By giving it to God and trying to handle things the way He calls us to handle them, really helped me. God worked everything out better than I could have imagined and we are genuinely friends and I will miss her. Life is not always a bed of roses, but God is with us through everything we go through!

I wanted to give her a little something for her last day, so I bought her this Pansy. I thought it was really cheerful and bright. I didn't have a card, so I found a doily and put a sticker on it and wrote her name on it. It worked perfect!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


Have a great Monday!

Hugs, Sharon

15 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Diana looks like a sweetie..such a great smile.
I know you'll miss her!!
Glad she's moving on to something that makes
her happy!!
and what a sweet gift from you.
fondly, deena

Brenda said...

That is very sweet Sharon. I think God puts us in these kind of things just so he can work in us. That was so sweet.

jennifer said...

Isn't it wonderful how God can completely turn a situation around? Sweet gift - very cheerful. Jennifer

Feathering My Nest said...

Dear Sharon, I do remember the rocky start you had and how God brought it all around, as you relied on Him and trusted Him.

God is so loving and caring. He cares about every detail. When we tell Him all our cares, and then we wait on Him, He turns it around in a way we never could.

I am so glad you are parting as friends, and that God has received glory in your life. Love ya, Kathi

Heather said...

What a wonderful story of how God can bring peace to any situation. I am so happy you are parting as friends. I pray that God will bring you a new friend that will allow you to plant new seeds!

Blessings!!!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Trying this again. I forgot my blogger password. Silly!!

What a thoughtful gift. I am sure that Diana will think of you whenever she sees her sweet flower.

Gina

Kelli said...

What a lovely gift for your friend, Sharon! I love the doily gift tag!
Hugs,
Kelli

BittersweetPunkin said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift~! I am sure whenever she looks at it she will think of you Sharon.
Hugs,
Robin

Penless Thoughts said...

Wonderful testimony Sharon. If we would ALL just learn to do just what you did, put it in God's hands because He will work it out in way we could never even begin to think about.
Susan

Jan Parrish said...

What a lovely gift. Job sharing is such a good deal! Do you have your next co-worker?

Mimi said...

Sharon, what a sweet thing to do for your co-worker...I'm glad you two worked out your differences and were able to become good friends...
I couldn't help but notice the nice big windows in your office...what a pleasure working all day and still be able to see the beautiful outside world...
now that your job share co-worker is gone..does that mean you have to work more???

Kelly said...

You are a great example of a great person, I hope she remembers how things could have turned out and see's how God worked in it all!

Kelly

A Romantic Porch said...

I just love it when relationship stories turn out that way. So happy for you. xoRachel

Sharon said...

To answer both Jan's question and Mimi's.

No, we do not have our new person yet and yes, I have to work more for a couple of weeks and I do feel sorry for myself! But we will get through it. It is not too bad I am working four days instead of three, but I am taking vacation the whole week of spring break!!!

Will keep you posted of the situation!

Hugs to all of you! Sharon

Michelle said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift and the doily as a gift tag is perfect! I may use that in the future :)

Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...