Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Alive!!!!


He's Alive!

He's Alive!

And I'm Forgiven,


Heaven's gates are open wide!


Here is a very moving song by Dolly Parton about Jesus.

I am sure it will touch your heart.

It starts out slow, but keep watching and

promise me you will watch until the end, it is so good!

Please pause my blog background music first and

then click the arrow TWICE to watch this amazing song.

She performed this song at the

1989 Country Music Awards.


My sister Kathi @ Feathering My Nest first showed this to our family

years ago for Easter after she recorded it off the TV

and I have always loved it. It makes me cry.






After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week,

Mary Magdalene and the other

Mary went to look at the tomb.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.

His appearance was like lightning,

and his clothes were white as snow.

The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women,

"Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.

He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.

Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples:

'He has risen from the dead

and is going ahead of you into Galilee.

There you will see him.' Now I have told you."


Matthew 28:1-7


Happy Easter!



Love, Sharon


15 comments:

Mimi said...

Beautiful video
have a blessed Resurrection Day
Love
Mimi

Lori said...

Sharon, have a Blessed Easter:) thanks so much for popping over to visit me!!!

Lille meg said...

Yes, Jesus is risen! Something is wrong with the sound of my computer now, so I can't hear the music.
But thank you for posting this!
He is alive, and we have an eternal hope.
Have a blessed Easter Day!

Feathering My Nest said...

Thanks for mentioning me. I've always love that song done by Dolly. I put the same song sang by Don Francisco, who wrote it.

What a joy and hope we have because Jesus is alive. He's real and powerful and lives inside us believers. Praise God for the hope we have in His soon return. Happy Easter. Love, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

What a most beautiful song, i was in tears especially when the "he's Alive" chorus- wow! Praise God we are forgiven and he is alive!

Thank you so much for for sharring this! =)

Because he died and rose again,

~Joy

Linda said...

Happy Easter Sharon. What a beautiful song....thank you.

Have a joyous day with your family and friends. hugs, Linda

jennifer said...

Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for this day and all that it represents. God is so good and I praise Him that He sent His Only Son to the Cross for Me. And you.

I hope your Easter has been lovely.

Jennifer

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a blessing that we have the gentle assurance that He is risen indeed!

Hope you had a lovely day!

Gina

Sondra said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter with you family. I watched No Reservations last week when I was sick. It was pretty good. I didn't realize you all had some snow a few days ago. How lucky!

Kelli said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!
Hugs,
Kelli

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy Easter Sharon! I hope you and your family have had a wonderful weekend sweetie. Thank you for sharing this beautiful song! Also, I'm just loving your Easter decorations from the last post too! Hugs for you!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Penless Thoughts said...

He is alive!!!! Praise God. I trust you had a wonderful Easter :o)
Susan

Sharon said...

Dear Joy,

I am so glad you enjoyed that song, it gives me chills! I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Easter. I bet it was fun with your little ones.

Have a great week!

Hugs, Sharon

Mary said...

Sharon,

I had never heard that song before and enjoyed watching the video.

A powerful message. I do hope that you and your family were blessed this Easter.

Mary

Jan Parrish said...

Beautiful! Hope you had a blessed Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...