Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hayden's Mini Cheesecakes

On Sunday my son, Hayden, made another pudding cheesecake dessert for the family. These are the ingredients, one package 3.4 oz lemon instant pudding, one 8 oz brick of cream cheese softened, 1-3/4 cup milk, one small size graham cracker crust (right after I took this picture I realized I had accidentally purchased the cook and serve pudding not instant, so I had to go to the store and exchange it! I also whited it out so I wouldn't mislead anybody!).

Here is my ratty old and very used recipe card and I thought you might be tickled to see that my blogging sister Kathi gave me the recipe! It actually is our mother's recipe, but I never had it written down, so when I visited Kathi one day, she gave it to me.
You put the cream cheese in a bowl for an hour or two to soften. Hayden doubled the recipe this time.
Ever so slowly, add the milk and mix on slow speed. Here is the junior chef at work!
Add in the pudding and blend until completely mixed.
Pour into a small graham cracker crust (if you are doubling then use the larger size crust). This time just for fun, we bought the little mini pie crusts and made single serve pies.
This is such a yummy, light dessert, you will enjoy it!


"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness." Psalm 89:15-16


Hugs! Sharon

19 comments:

Heather said...

What a handsome young man! AND...he makes desserts? You must have every young lady in your neighborhood lined up at your front door! :)

Thanks for the recipe! I can't wait to try it!

Hugs and Blessings!!!

jennifer said...

#1 Kathi has lovely penmanship and
#2 YUM!

I put my son to work in the kitchen too! Good for boys to learn cooking skills.

Be blessed!

Jennifer

Mimi said...

Your Hayden is quite the cook...a good young man to have around....
the receipelooks great'
thanks,
Mimi

Sharon said...

Hi Jennifer! Just FYI......that is my handwriting! :0) Thank you for the compliment!!!

Sharon

Scrappy Jessi said...

yummy!
love htat he likes to cook!
what a great kid.
oxoxo,
jessi

Brenda said...

That looks yummy and I love to see a man in the kitchen. Maybe we have alittle chef coming forward.
This brings back so many memories of Rian. Today he is cooking BBQ for his group in the AF. he called and ask mom how did you make that old fashion mustard potatoe salad. I think in culinary they did the fancy style. He loves to show those northern guys how we in the South cook hehe. Thanks for sharing.

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a blessing - a man that cooks! Those cheesecakes look delicious. I wonder if you can use another flavor pudding as well???

Gina

Nora Lee said...

Yummy! What a nice thing for your son to do. I will have to try the receipe.

Sandra

A Romantic Porch said...

That looks so yummy. My eldest son loves to cook. That scripture today is so good too. xoRachel

Candy :) said...

Looks good :)

Feathering My Nest said...

Oh what a yummy dessert. It's funny Victoria has been making that same recipe the last two months. I make her dump a can of cherry pie filling on top!! She doesn't like that too much, but the rest of us do. I'm proud of Hayden for making things like that. It helps Mom and it's fun for him.

Oh, Jennifer, that's my sister's handwriting, but mine is pretty good too.

Enjoy your day. Love, Kathi

Cottage Contessa said...

Ok that's it, the diet is being put on hold because I just HAVE to try this! Can I blame blogland if I start to waddle soon? lol Hope you're having a great day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, what a sweet son you have. I love cheesecake and this looks so delish. Thank you for the recipe, I'm going to make this for the weekend. Hugs, Linda

flyingstars said...

Yummy...!

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Oh Yummy!! That looks so good!
Penny

Kelly said...

Don't you just LOVE when the boys cook and bake???? Makes me feel good when I see my son can do things like that, to me I then think he is very well balanced! You like to know they can fix something but its great to know they could bake something too.
have a great day!

Kelly

Kelly said...

Yuuuuuummo!

I'm a cheesecake fiend...I'll be over tonight! :o) WTG Grayson!

Jan Parrish said...

I get hungry every time I come over to your blog. :)

SweetAnnee said...

YUM
cant' believe what GREAT boys you have
always good sports and they cook???
sEnd them right over!!
lol
deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...