Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Sister Dear!

Today is Kathi's 48th
birthday!

Yea! Today is my sister's birthday! If you would like to stop by her blog and wish her a happy birthday, click here: Feathering My Nest . She is taking a blogging spring vacation, but I am sure she would love to hear from you!

Sisters are blossoms in the garden of life. ~Author Unknown

She doesn't look 48 does she! She is so pretty and young looking. She is such a great sister! We have always been such great friends. Actually, all three of us girls (my two sisters and I) are all very close (we also have a brother whom we love). Kathi and I are only 18 months apart and have always been really close. She graduated one year ahead of me (the same class as my hubby), so we know all the same people. We both worked at a department store together and just have a lot in common.

Sisterhood is powerful. ~Robin Morgan

Kathi and I shared a bedroom all of our childhood. We used to fight of course, but not too bad; we also giggled quite a bit and had lots of fun together. My mother used to tell a story that the day they brought me home from the hospital, Kathi was so upset that she went into the bedroom and ripped down the blinds! How about that for a welcome to the family???LOL!

Kathi is a very special person. She loves the Lord so much and she is a great wife and a great mother. She also is a very great friend. She is a great housewife and excellent cook. She is very good at canning foods and sewing too! When we get together, we laugh and have so much fun! I am so blessed to have such a great sister!



These pictures are from her birthday last year. This was one week after my father had his stroke, so it was a bittersweet day for Kathi.

A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James

After both of us got married about 25 years ago, we have never lived in the same town, so we spend the night at each other houses at least a couple of times each year. I think this is what really helped us get close. We have so many memories, especially with our children, of these great slumber parties. We would always stay up way too late talking into the night, encouraging each other and inspiring each other. I feel so blessed to have such a great sister!

Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart (oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape) of your sister. ~Katherine Mansfield


Happy birthday today Kathi! I love you!

"A gracious woman attains honor." Proverbs 11:16

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as sisters, be compassionate and humble." I Peter 3:8

Love, Sharon

14 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks for spilling the beans on Kathi,
I've got to run over and wish her a Happy Birthday...
Mimi

Julieann said...

OHHH--I am on my way over there now!! Thanks for letting me know :o)

Julieann

Heather said...

What a beautiful post for your beautiful sister. I am, pretty much, an only child. I have a half sister and half brother, but I don't know them well. I grew up as an only child. When I read your posts about each other I can't help but be slightly jealous. I have always wanted a sister that I could be close to.

However, since finding Christ approximately 7 years ago, God has blessed me with some awesome 'sisters'. I am grateful.

Can I be an 'adopted' sister to you and Kathi? :)

Love and Blessings...

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, Thank you so much for your loving tribute to me. I feel just like you do. I'm so thankful for you. I love you so much. Love, Kathi

Kelli said...

What a lovely post for your beautiful sister, Sharon! My two girls share a room and I hope they have great memories like you and Kathi!
Hugs,
Kelli

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What a special relationship you and your sister have! What a blessing.

Gina

Laura said...

Oh you are so blessed to have sisters! I have 2 brothers, but not quite the same. I tell my girls all of the time how blessed they are!

nannykim said...

It is wonderful that you have been able to maintain a lasting friendship with your sis.My sis and I live so far apart we hardly ever see each other; plus we both hate the phone. {and she just doesn't do computer stuff!!!} Hey, did she want you to anounce her age to the world? Ha!

Sharon said...

Heather....of course we'll adopt you! LOL! I think the Lord provides for us really good friends that can be like sisters and/or brothers or in my case daughters since I have all boys.
:0)

Nannykim,

I didn't ask Kathi if it was okay to announce her age, but I know she has her age posted right on the front page of her blog, so I don't think she cares! I think she is proud of her age!

Kathi and I went to a giant Goodwill yesterday with our kids and then had giant icecream treats at a fun restaurant with the kids. It was a great day!

Hugs! Sharon

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, this is such a lovely post, honoring your dear sister.
What a loving realtionship and friendship you share.
Blessings to you both. Hugs, Linda

jennifer said...

I am going by right now to wish Kathi a Happy Birthday. No she doesn't look 48. She has great skin!

My daughters are 15 months a part and share a bedroom too. And they fight a bit too. But they are close and they love each other.

Jennifer

Hootin' Anni said...

Wow....you two definitely have the SAME GENES!!!!! You could be twins. Are you sure you're not missing someone else's birthday? YOURS? I say you're twins. Yep, yep, yep!!! And she's 48? You both don't look anywhere much over 30!!!

Happy Birthday to Kathi.

Mimi said...

Sharon,
thanks for your sweet and kind comments on my Hubby's song...

Jan Parrish said...

Happy Birthday Kathi -
I pray that the year would be full of joy, peace and growth in the Lord!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...