Thursday, March 6, 2008

Family Time

Sunday morning we got up early to go to church. When I opened the front door to get the paper I found this! Grayson's truck got TPd. We all had a good laugh. His friends did it. Just a little excitement I thought I'd share with you! Never a dull moment!

After church we came home and cleaned the house and I took a nap (I was still sick) and made my first macaroni salad. Can you believe I have never made one after 25 years of marriage! Especially when it is one of my husband's favorite dishes.
I found this recipe in one of my cook books and it was delicious! It was pretty easy and fun to make too. Eric was really happy!

Mackenzie and Brittany came over for dinner. Cameron couldn't make it because he had to work. It was nice because Grayson didn't have to work, so everyone was here except Cameron. Eric made his special beans and famous BBQ chicken legs that our whole family just loves! Hayden later made a wonderful lemon pudding cheesecake for all of us and it turned out delicious!

We were done eating and getting ready to watch Brad Pitt's new movie "Jessie James" when all of the sudden this broke out.........

..........how come when brothers get together this always happens? You can see in the background Eric is not phased, he has seen this many times before. So have I. I quickly grabbed my camera and caught it on film. Brittany is sitting on the couch taking this all in. Mackenzie's legs are straight in the air!


It looks like Mackenzie has hold of Hayden here, but it soon turns into any man's game. They just break out and start wrestling and they are all laughing so hard and having fun. I read in a book once (I think it was one of James Dobson's) that boys show their affection this way.


According to these pictures, my sons must love each other a lot! The above picture makes me laugh because you can see Hayden crawling away and escaping all the madness! It actually makes me smile that they all enjoy each other so much.

As I mentioned, Cameron couldn't make it because he was working, so I wrapped up a "to go" order of our dinner and took it to him after work on Monday night. Here we are in his apartment.


Here he is chilling out with his new roommate, Keith. Cameron has been so, so busy with a full school load at Bible college, working 20 hours a week, putting in one day a week for his internship helping at a youth outreach ministry on another college campus, practicing for the school play and practicing for a summer outreach ministry where he will be traveling from church to church this summer, plus he just started working out again!! Wow....I'm tired just from typing it all!


I really savor the moments that I get to see him and have a visit with him. Needless to say, he was very happy that I brought him over the meal!

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" Psalm 133:1

Hugs to all of you!


~ Sharon

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't it wonderful to have great boys!! they are so good hearted and FUN.....perfect example that you can be a believer and still have a good time and good laughs.....you know sometimes I think people think you have to be dry and not an outgoing person when you are a christian, I have experienced that somewhat. You are the perfect example of a great believer with a great personality......hey that would be an awesome book for you to write! I would for sure buy a copy!!!

Kelly

Kristen said...

How special! It is so great that you guys get that time together!

The food looks delicious! Feel like sharing the recipes? :)

Brenda said...

Love any kind of pasta salad. Yours looks yummy!.You and hubby cooked up a great meal.
My boys used to be the same way..looks like you are alittle more laid back than me.. Brian would be going boys! boys! if you break something mom is gonna be mad. Now I miss those times.
i just love your family!

Barbara H. said...

I have three boys, 14 to 23, and they also break out into good-natured wrestling. Much better than the fighting of their earlier days when I wondered if they would ever be friends!! I love how they all get along now.

Miss Paula said...

My boys are almost 24 and 22. Last Friday the boys and my husband were watching a Japanese game show on YouTube and they were laughing so hard and having so much fun that I video taped on my camera. It was great to see them like this.

So, I surely can relate to your post!!!

Laura said...

You are such a sweet mama to your boys! They are very blessed!

jennifer said...

I would be a mess! When my kids start rough housing, I freak out and make them stop. I was an only child for 14 years so this is beyond me some how. But they look like they are having fun. And you are right - Hubby is just chillin'.

Glad you got to see your son and visit. Isn't he a trooper about posing for pics! Jennifer

Lille meg said...

This meal looks very good, and I believe you when you say it was delicious.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
I hope you are healthy, and wish you Gods blessing!

Tammy said...

Next to tater salad, I love macaroni salad the best!
Your meal looks soooo good!

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
You have got to stop posting photos of your wonderful food(just kidding), it makes me so hungry!!

I love the photos of the boys horsing around, it blesses my heart as a mom to see siblings enjoying one another.

Have a great Friday! (can't wait to see tomorrow's Show and Tell)
Love, Velvia

Denise said...

Yum!!!!!!!!! Pasta salad..my favorite....... and what a fun day with those boys....... you are blessed..........

Jan Parrish said...

LOL. I hope you moved all your antiques while the boys were roughing it up.

I love the TP photo.

A Romantic Porch said...

Ah, family times are the best! So neat. xoRachel

Candy :) said...

I love all your pics :)
I would love your recipe for the macaroni salad if you want to share it

Hugs
Candy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...