Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Eric's special beans!

Sunday my Darling Husband Eric made his famous baked beans! These are so delicious! I wish you could taste them!

He uses the recipe from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook.



This time he not only added bacon, but he also added some pork sausage. He cooked them together first.


Then he chopped up a big red onion.
He put the bacon and sausage in a bowl.
Then he cooked the onion in the bacon grease.
While the onions were cooking he mixed together the meat, baked beans, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.

Then he added the cooked onions and meat in with the bean mix.
Mmmmm, they smell so good while they are cooking!
He stirred all of it together and put it in a pan to cook in the oven at 350 for 1-1/2 hours.

Oh, they are soooo good! I wish you could taste them!
I am one lucky girl!


"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." II Thessalonians 2:16-17

Have a great day today!
~ Sharon

16 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

What a wonderful husband you have!! Yum yum, those beans look so good. They remind me of Mom's bake beans. Mrs. Hardcastle used to call them "Shirley's 'doctored-up', baked beans," whenever mom brought them to the church pot lucks. Have a great day. Love, Kathi

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
How are we supposed to lose weight when you post such tempting looking beans? LOL Just kidding, hurray for a hubby who cooks!!!
Love, Velvia

A Romantic Porch said...

Those look delicious! How wonderful of him to make them for you. xoRachel

Tracie said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, thanks for visiting me through Rachel (she's such a sweetie). Reading your profile, I think I may have found a "new home". My daughter has one year of high school left :) and :( It's nice to find someone else going through these "feelings"!

Those baked beans look so good, how nice of your husband to make them for you. That looks like one loved cookbook too!

I'll be back - so glad to have found you.
Hugs
~Tracie
My Petite Maison

valerie said...

I saw your comment on Denise's blog.
Yummy! I've never really had a good baked bean recipe. I do now!
I love the step-by-step instructions and pictures.
Have a blessed day,
Valerie

nannykim said...

Yes, but the question is....did it still smell good in the house a couple of hours later? :-) lol--just kidding.

Mindy said...

Those beans look so yummy! Great pictures too! I have enjoyed reading your blog and will be back to visit often!
Blessings,
Mindy

Brenda said...

They look yummy. Love those old books. Great hubby,but you know that =)

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You are a lucky girl!! Those beans look so delicious! The antique store you visited with you sister look SO fun!! So many goodies! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. Love your blog banner- I have that exact rose print on my living room wall!
Michelle

Kelli said...

YUMMY!! I could go for a bowl of those right now!
Hugs,
Kelli

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, Mmmmmm,these beans look so yummy...I wish I could taste them too.
Please visit my blog, I've tagged you for a fun meme. Linda

Sondra said...

Those look really good. My husband is a great cook too. Now he is just trying to learn what I can and can't have. The 'can' list seems very small right now. I was glad to find out that Kim is gluten free too. She really helps me out.

Mimi said...

I think he is a keeper!!
all those good looks, loving attention...and he can cook too!
Good for you...

Denise said...

I love baked beans,,,,, with a big old pile of potato salad and burger from the grill,,,,,,,, Now what were you saying about loosing a lb? hahahahha


hugs for Thursday

valerie said...

Hello again...
I was just reading on down about your and your sister Kathi and your wonderful day having lunch and shopping.
Aren't sisters the best?
I have three of them.
Only one of my sisters has brown eyes and darker hair like my dad and the other three of us have light eyes and hair. I also have a young married daughter who I enjoy so much.
I never want to take my family for granted. I feel so blessed!
Blessings to you today!
Valerie

fireflynights said...

Love the dish your beans are in. It's so pretty.

Also enjoyed your entry about the visit/shopping with your sister.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...