Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter decorations

Welcome to my home at Easter time! When you first arrive you will see this neat old family Bible on my entryway table. I found this Bible at Goodwill and I love the illustrations. The artwork is amazing. I have it turned to the page of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
I think it is such a beautiful picture.
Here is a neat picture of the resurrection.
As most of you know from reading my blog, I love antiques and anything vintage. I love the old vintage Easter decorations. Here is an old basket filled with fun things. I collect the paper mache Easter eggs from Germany, I think they are fabulous!
I also have many, many Easter mugs. Here are two in use with hot chocolate!


Above is a picture of my kitchen windowsill. I have an antique postcard flanked by vintage Easter bunnies and baby chicks with some candles.
Above and below are pictures of my little vignettes on both sides of my sink.
I love fat little vintage chicks! (I'm talking about baby chickens, not old ladies!!!LOL!)
Above is a picture of my vintage crepe Easter basket centerpiece with a cute bunny cardboard cut out in it. If you recall a couple of weeks ago I talked about my fun lunch date with my sister Kathi at Ruthie B's Antique Store and I found one just like this for $65.00!!! I got mine for pennies at a garage sale! Score! Do the happy bargain dance - woo hooo!!

I have vintage Easter baskets on both sides of our fireplace. More antique bunnies and vintage German paper mache eggs.
Below is one of my favorite garage sale finds. It is an old wooden Easter wagon. The man I bought if from said it was his as a boy and he told me it was 60 years old. Isn't it cute! It says Easter Express on it! I have another German egg sitting in it.
We did not raise our boys to believe in the Easter bunny, but we always gave them Easter baskets and candy on Easter morning. I love bunnies and chicks and anything vintage, so that is what I decorate with.
These are fun too, they are not old, but they are so cool. Don't they look like real chocolate bunnies? They are painted ceramic. I found them at Goodwill for $1.99 each!!!

The above picture is a little vignette from the downstairs powder room. The postcard is from 1910 and it says Christ is Risen on the bottom.

I hope all of you will have a blessed Easter Sunday!


"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures" I Corinthians 15:3-4.

Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

Mimi said...

I just love the Holidays at your house...
any Holiday...
you must be the one who keeps all the Holiday spirit going in your family...
I just love to visit around Holidays!!
Blessings for you at Easter,
Mimi

Our Red House said...

Thank you for sharing your Easter decorations. They are really lovely, especially the German eggs.

Kate

Daughter of the King said...

Thank you for the Sweet visit in your home this Easter....HE is Risen, HE is Risen Indeed.
Easter Blessings to you and yours,
Deby

Mindy said...

Lovely Easter decorations Sharon! Thank you for sharing them with us all. Wishing you a blessed Easter Sunday!!
Blessings,
Mindy

Mary said...

Sharon,

I love all your Easter decorations, especially the paper mache eggs and the crepe centerpiece. Oh and of course the vintage Easter postcard and the baby chicks and the Easter wagon and... Oh, I love it all.

Easter blessings to you and yours.
Mary

Linda said...

Sharon, I loved seeing all your Easter lovelies. I especillay like the crepe Easter basket...they are so hard to find.

Have a joyous Easter, blessings to all..Linda

Barbara H. said...

Hope you have a blessed Easter!

Walking With God said...

Your house is so beautiful. I love all of your cute and pretty things.
I hope I can see you this week. We had a wonderful Easter church service. Our pastor was able to speak and did very well. He starts chemo. today.

I made a wonderful ham dinner and two pies. Vivian was going to come but she got sick.

We had a nice day together. Well, I love you, Kathi

Martha said...

Hi Sharon, my name is Martha, I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed looking at all your Easter decor, so sweet. I will be visiting again for more "eye-candy", wishing you a great day.
Martha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...