Saturday, March 15, 2008

Answered Prayer!

Why am I smiling?


Why am I being so silly?


Why am I so exciting that I am taking goofy pictures of myself?


Why am I smiling so much and taking pictures of myself when I am sitting in my car?

Because I took these pictures right after I heard the news that I got a new job!!!! I am so excited! Thank you Lord for answering my prayers! I am still with the same Hospital, but I applied for a job at a clinic in my own little town! I am doing roughly the same thing, but the clinic is only a two minute drive from my home! My kids can pop in and say hello when I am at work! I can go home on my lunch hour! I get to park literally feet from the back door of the clinic and I get to park for free! No more hassles with parking, no more riding that city shuttle bus! I will save about an hour and a half a day in my commute time! I get the schedule that I really want.....three fixed days. One day a week I will be working at a bigger clinic down the road, but it is still closer than the hospital and only an 8 minute drive compared to 40 minutes and with free on site parking with no bus shuttle!

An added bonus is that they said they are so excited and happy to have me! They are especially excited about my experience working in the Cardiac Surgeon's office because they are opening a heart clinic in the future and they asked if I would be an administrative assistant with that project. The lady who hired me told me that the manager of the clinic is really excited to have me!

I give God all the glory for this! He heard my prayers and answered. I had to wait a long time, but it all came together.


I knew it would be a great day to wear my red shoes!!!!

"I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

Love, Sharon

21 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you for stopping on my blog, and leaving your supportive comment.
Congrats on the job! Isn't God amazing? He really does give over and above what we can ever ask for.
I am anxious to see what great finds you got at the book sale.

Feathering My Nest said...

I'm so EXCITED for you. God is truly amazing, and yes, He does far more than we ask. I'm thrilled. I love your smile. I love your red shoes, and I love it that you will be saving all that gas money too. Praise the Lord. I love your cute post!

Love, Kathi

Sharon said...

My mother read my blog and sent me this email. It touched my heart, and I wanted it connect to this post as this is my life diary/journal!

Hi Honey -

Thanks for the good news! We are so thrilled for you and know this is going to be wonderful for you so
close to home and just what you are good at. You will be in the swing of things pronto! We loved your funny little demonstration of how happy you are on your way home in your car with your red shoes on.
Dad and I just finished our potato salad for tomorrow. See you tomorrow for fun and celebration!

God is so good.Congratulations!!

Love, Mom

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO! I am so happy for you Sharon! That is wonderful news....:-)))

LOVE your red shoes - they are killer!!
Hugs,
Penny

Mary said...

Sharon,

Congratulations on the new job. I'm so glad you won't have to commute anymore.

My daughter would love your red shoes. She is a real shoe person.

Blessings,
Mary

Jan Parrish said...

Yeah! Good for you.What an answer to prayer. With God on your side and those shoes, you must have known it would turn out fabulous. :)

I love those shoes. See, we would have fun shopping together.

Thank you so much for the surprise package. You are soooo sweet. (((h))))I'm glad we are BBFF's.

jennifer said...

Congratulations and Praise the Lord! I can't wait to hear how wonderful the change of scenery is for you. Do you start soon?

Jennifer

Brenda said...

congrats,I am so happy for you. This will just make life so much easier.
Love the Red shoes.

Daughter of the King said...

Sharon...what a great fun post and congrats to you...
NOW....those shoes....I love red, love red shoes, but WOW those make my feet hurt looking at them....how do you do it????
Deby

SweetAnnee said...

Oh absolutely wonderful news!!!!!!
It's a great day for awesome RED shoes!!
I am rejoicing with you!!

thank you Jesus!!

deena

A Romantic Porch said...

SHARON, That is WONDERFUL!!!!

Cottage Contessa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is fantastic news sweetie, I'm so happy for you!!! LOVE those red shoes.....ooohhh yeah! Have a great week!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

Sharon it is so wonderful when the Lord answers our prayers. The same thing happen to me. I work 3 min. form home it is such a blessing,and with the price of gas what a savings that will be for you. It is truly a sweet blessing everytime someone of my family comes into my work. So enjoy those surprises.
ginger

Simply Heart And Home said...

That is amazing, Sharon! I'm so happy for you.

It is quite a coincidence. I came over to ask you to pray for me. I have a job interview tomorrow at 3:15 at a senior assisted living home. I would be in charge of senior activities and such two days a week. (I don't want to work every day!). I'm not sure about the job but I'm praying about it.

Again, Congratulations! Being close to home is a bit perk! :)

Gina

Laura said...

Praise the Lord! How exciting! It will be like a raise because of the gas you save!! And I LOVE the shoes!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Congrats on your new job and I LOVE those red shoes!!!!

Kelly said...

That is wonderful news!!! Won't it be great to not have that distance to travel? What a blessing I bet your family is thrilled. You will do so well, God is good isn't he?


Kelly

PS.... the red shoes ROCK!

Yolanda said...

I am so glad you got a job you like. I wish I could afford to work in an office instead of at the hospital. I am happy for you. I love those shoes too.

Kelly said...

AWESOME, Sharon! Congratulations!!!!! :o) Your shoes ROCK by the way!! You sassy mama, you!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you! What a blessing!


Hugs!

nannykim said...

that is so wonderful--so instead of a redletter day it was a red shoe day, eh? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...