Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In


I don't know if any of you noticed the little scale I have on the bottom of my blog, but I added that a about a week ago. I have decided to buckle down and try to lose a few pounds. I have decided to post my progress on Wednesdays to see if it helps me with my willpower to have the accountability to all of you. I would like to lose 14 pounds. I started last Wednesday and today when I weighed in I have lost 4 pounds!

I have been cutting calories and making wiser choices with snacks. I've been eating more fruits and vegetables. I have been taking my 45 minute walks three days a week. I think I will add in some more exercise in the coming weeks. Several years ago I joined an online weight loss program called Anne Collins. It cost just $20.00 a year and you get so much help from them. They have a ton of different diets to chose from, a calorie need chart, exercise information, nutrition information, a BMI calculator etc. They also will show support through email, which I have used before. I have not settled in on a diet yet, I am just cutting back and kind of doing it my way. I think I will go on one of her plans in the next week or two.

According to most of the health charts I am within normal range, but I am not in my personal normal range. I do not feel like myself. For all of my adult life I have weighed a certain weight, even after having my children (I worked hard to get the weight off after the babies) until I hit around age 42 and then I started putting on weight. I have slowly started to accept it, but I really am afraid that if 14 pounds is okay now, what will I say in five years, 24 pounds is okay? Then after that 34 pounds? When I pick up a ten pound bag of potatoes I think...wow, that is heavy, that is how much extra weight I am carrying around on my body every day, no wonder my back hurts! I also am so tired of having so many clothes in so many different sizes. I would like to finally have victory over this thing and just have one size of clothing.

If any of you would like to join me for Weigh In Wednesday please do. It might help if we know we have to report to each other. We don't have to tell the actual weight, just the pounds lost or not lost (and hopefully not gained).

"With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." Mark 3:27

Here's to healthy eating!

~ Sharon

10 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! That is great!! I, too need to lose 14 pounds. I will join you on this journey! I will report back next week and hopefully there will be progress. My biggest thing right now is putting exercise back in to my routine. We have battled sickness galore plus the holidays and I have let it all slip. Weight and all. Before I need to buy new pants, I better get a move on!

Gina said...

Weight is so hard to lose after you hit 40. I would like to lose 5-10 lbs by May. May seems a long way off but I know it isn't. I am going to try and add healthy snack alternatives to replace cookies etc.

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Congratulations on the great start to becoming healthier! I would love to participate in Weigh-In Wednesday. We are going back home for a visit next week and it will be difficult to be disciplined while we're away(too much good food around), but I will start the following week. This is a great idea!
Love, Velvia

My Grandkids ROCK said...

I started a work out/diet a little over a week ago. So far, so good. I have to make myself get on the treadmill 45/day, 6 days a week. That is hard. Also, 80 oz of water a day. I burn lots of calories running to the restroom:) Good luck. Pam

Sondra said...

Count me in Sharon! I do have a head start and have lost 8 already.
Aaron needs to lose too but I cannot get him motivated. He was reading over my shoulder about the potatoes. I told him to carry around two bags of potaoes all day and see how difficult that would be. He said 'I could not do it'. I said 'Yep that would be hard'. He said 'No, I would eat them'!!!
No luck with that one LOL!

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, That sounds fun! After my post yesterday about how I love salad, I thought... It would be fun to try to just eat salad. Maybe I'll join in on this Wednesday accountability thing. I'll see!

cjan said...

I'm with you too, Sharon.
I tell you a book that has helped me so much!! It's by Carole Lewis and it's called "Stop It". My daughter sent it to me for Christmas and it's the best motivator I have read. And it's Bible Based!
My body has finally realized that I'm serious about loosing weight. I've finaly started to loose. Just 4 pounds last week,but it's finally working!! I'm exercising about 1 hour a day and I'm on the Bowl Diet.. Just eat whats in your bowl. Mine is pretty small. About the size of a small soft margarine bowl. I eat salads on top of what's in the the bowl. With God's help too. I think you can get her book on Amazon.. Sp??

I'll be checking in with you...

Hugs,
Jan

Jan Parrish said...

Great job. Keep it going.

I am in the same boat. An extra 15 I need to lose. Started walking again and I feel sooooo much better.

BTW - it was 32 today when I went walking.

cookiesunshine said...

Congratulations on four pounds! Thanks for sharing about this group. I just began working on my weight last week. I would like to check this out and see about joining in.

Cookie

Lille meg said...

Me too need to lose some pounds. But in Norway we don't count pounds, we use kilos. I don't know how much a pound is in our weight.
But I have tried so many times, that I don't think that it works for me.
Here are so much ice on the road, so I feel it difficult to walk.
But now it is better.

Have a nice week end, and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...