Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday Weigh In - II

Well, it has been a week and this is my news: I lost one pound. I am bummed because I worked so hard. I guess it is better than gaining weight or not losing anything, but I feel like I should have lost more. It is so not fair! Ten years ago if I ate like I did last week I would have lost 5 pounds in a week! My metabolism is at a standstill and it is so frustrating.

I walked my three days last week and think I will walk my three days this week. I ate really, really good. I cheated twice and that was only with a cookie on two separate days. I probably ate around 1000 calories on most days, some days were under, some days were over, but not by much. I made healthy choices with fruits and veggies and whole grains. I have only been drinking about 40 ounces of water, so I need to amp this up, this is an area that is hard for me, I am not a water drinker! I found that I really enjoy sugar free hard candies, but not too many because they have the fake sugar that can cause cancer. They help me get through a rough time of temptation though. When we went to my Aunt Josephine's party they had lunch provided and I made such good choices, I picked the lean meat, fruits and veggies and that was it! I passed up the cake even! When we went out for special coffee, I ordered a fat free skinny latte!

I think I need to add in some extra exercise, perhaps a bike ride in the evening or jogging around the high school track a few times. I am not giving in to this! I really want to get my weight down and with the help of my blogger friends, I think I can do it. At least I am really movtivated to do it!

I want to hear how all of you that want to participate did last week, so please report in!!! I hope it is good news!

Small tip: When you are finished eating go brush your teeth and chew on a piece of sugarless gum. This will help prevent you from snacking!

"With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." Mark 3:27

In Him ~ Sharon

7 comments:

Gina said...

Sharon,

I'm happy to report that I'm 2 lbs less than last week. I'm sure it is because I just haven't felt well thus no appetite. There is a silver lining to every cloud! :)

RYC, I am not sure what is going on with xanga. They are transitioning things and not sure what is happening. I know a number of people are leaving because of it. Hopefully, they will straighten it out.

A Romantic Porch said...

Thank you for sharing! I love that scripture. It has been in the forefront of my mind for about 3 weeks. You have definitely challenged me to make healthier choices! Have a wonderful day, Sharon. xo Rachel

Anonymous said...

Greetings Sharon!

Yikes, sadly it has been a bit difficult for me to stay on track with weighloss these last couple of weeks. We are busily getting everything ready to move, but it isn't a good enough excuse!! =(

I will have room for our treadmill and exercise bike in the new home so my goal is to start walking then fast walking and keep better track of my eating through my Weight watchers books. I was able to get to almost 3 miles a day once and I started to really loose the weight doing this. I also notice when i exercise i am more conciouse of what i put in my mouth because I just worked so hard to burn those calories (My treadmill tells you how much you burned and it takes a lot to burn those extra calories!!).

Those are my plans,Lord allowing. I am convicted of how much stress can just tend to lead me to "Think" im hungry particulalrly durring this moving process. Im thankful God braught this to my attention because when im stressed i need to be reminded to go to my dear heavenly father in prayer for help and strenghth and pour out my soul to him not food.

I congratulate you on your 5 lbs! Thats so great!!! Thats a lot, it really is! You are such an encouragement and I am so happy to to hear your doing so great.

I want to loose this extra baby weight to keep the body God has given to me healthy and active & ready to serve Him the best I can!

Blessings to you Sharon!

~Joy =)

Sharon said...

Hi Joy,

I'm sorry you are so stressed right now. It might not be the best time to try and lose weight. It will be easier for you when you can get all settled and get your equipment up and running. It is very hard to lose weight, especially as we age, that is why I want to get a handle on this now instead of giving up and then keep gaining and gaining. Good luck with your new home!!! I wish you could start a blog! I would love to see pictures of your family and your home! It is really easy to set up and I could help you with it!!!

Hugs my friend, Sharon

nannykim said...

the thing that really helps my metabolism to get going is light weights. I have about an hours worth of light weight exercises I do 2 times a week---the other days I walk for about an hour. The weights really helped me loose --yes you gain a little muscle weight--but it really helped up my metabolism and made it easier to loose.

jennifer said...

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

You are so very Kind & sweet Sharon! =) Thank you so much for your advice on weighlosss, I think your right. Hopefully when we get settled I'll have more energy and focus to shed those pounds!

I have my hands pretty full with 4 little ones but maybe one day I can get a blog up and running, that would be nice! =)

Thank you also for offering to help, you are truly a Gem! =) I hope you have a most beautiful Valentines Day, Im sure you will! How loving for a mommy to bring her boys hot chocolate on these special holidays- What a warm & loving memory they will cherish for years to come!

I won't be writing in for awhile till we get settled into the new home. May God keep you and yours in His everlasting love! What an awesome God we serve, he loves us so much!

~Because he first loved us,

Joy =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...