Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentines Day Decorations

I love, love, love Valentine's Day! I think because it is such a bright and cheery holiday after Christmas and the January blahs. I also love the color red, so this holiday is right up my alley! My son, Cameron, is so funny, he calls Valentine's Day "Single Awareness Day"! Isn't that funny! I guess I can say it is funny because when he says it he is laughing. Even though he is single, he knows God has that special girl out there waiting for him!


Any way, back to my decorations, above is a picture of my kitchen windowsill and look....I still have pretty flowers on my plants! I am so excited, I haven't killed them yet! They are doing really good and I am thrilled.

Here is a closer picture of my little vignette. I have a couple of neat antique things along with new fun things that I love. Just mix them all up and this is what you get!


I love this little clown. I found him at an antique store and knew he would be perfect in my Valentine display. I love his cute pose. Here is a cute little miss peaking out from behind my vintage plastic Valentine fan. I love the vintage Valentines and have a pretty nice collection. I didn't display many of them this year though.
I made this wreath a couple of years ago. I simply glued moss onto a heart shaped wreath and then added little flowers and romantic looking charms. I also added some pearls. It was a very easy project. As you might have figured out by now, my projects are always easy and almost always involve a glue gun!!!
I glued on this cool key pin that I had.
I also glued on this neat angel. Next to the sink is a picture of my sweet Valentine, Eric! I actually keep this picture up year round (read my Sept. 7, 2007 post to see why). The two framed vintage post cards are pictures I printed off the internet and framed in dollar store frames. I couldn't believe that I found the cool red jeweled frames for $1.00 each!! Total cost of project $2.00 plus the paper and ink.....pretty good eh???

Here is another print from the internet and another cute frame from the dollar store. I think they turned out really cute.

I found this cute heart shaped dish at Goodwill and just have it sitting on the counter near my antique shakers filled with red sugar and red hots. Just a cute little easy touch to make my kitchen festive for the day of love.

Tomorrow I'll show the rest of my Valentine's day decorations.

P.S. I changed my music to the top five songs that remind me of my love for my husband. When I hear Roberta Flack singing " The first time ever I saw your face", it reminds me so much of how I felt when I first saw Eric and how my heart just sank! It reminds me of how I love him so deeply and how I felt like that the first time ever I saw his face I felt like the sun rose in his eyes! The second song, "Always and Forever" was our prom song and we had it in our wedding! "Baker Street" was playing on the radio when we went on our first date and I remember him turning up the radio and saying "I like this song" and of course after he said that it was my favorite song! The other songs just remind me so much of him both when we were dating and some newer songs that remind me of him now.

Little children, let us not love merely in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth. I John 3:18

God bless you!

~ Sharon

14 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful post. I think you are the Better Homes and Garden Blog. :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

I LOVE the Singles Awareness Day..that is GREAT! Love your sweet decorations too!!
Hugs,
Robin

Cottage Contessa said...

Such beautiful decorations sweetie, I love the way you've put it all together so well! I also love hearing how much you love your dear husband and family, to me that's the best thing ever! Have a fabulous day!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

SweetAnnee said...

How lovely..and I love that song..It makes me cry...it's so touching.

I think I like the heart frame pic of Eric best
of all your decorations..cuz he's your love!!

thanks for sharing my awesome friend..Deena

Pam said...

Your valentine decorations are so cute - I really liked the swag you posted about on Friday, too!

Barbara H. said...

I love that heart-shaped wreath!! Was the base a Styrofoam base?

Valentine's is one of my favorite holidays, too, though I am into pink rather than red. I love hearts anyway, so this time of year is the time I pull out any that are put away and get to use my heart-shaped cupcake pans and such.

My 23 year old son also calls this Single Awareness Day (which makes the acronym S. A. D.). Poor guy! :-) We do, though, try to make it about love in general and not just romantic love. But hopefully some day they'll experience that kind of a special Valentine's Day, too.

Joyfull said...

What beautiful decorations. I love how you share the beauty of your home with us! The african violets(?) are very pretty also!

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, how pretty everything looks. I love that sweet little clown and I just got my first vintage Valentine card.....they are so sweet. Look forward to more pretties tomorrow. Hugs, Linda

jennifer said...

'Single Awareness Day'! HAH! Funny kid you got there. Loved your decorations. I only decorate for Christmas (and boy do I go overboard!) but I've seen some cute ideas on people's blogs. Maybe next year. Jennifer

Feathering My Nest said...

Oh Sharon, your decorations are so pretty. I love your heart wreath and the heart frame with Eric's picture. You have so much love for each other~even more than when you were first married. Great post.

Love, Big Sister Kathi

I like the sound of that. Even though you are younger, I always felt like you were older cause you knew what to do and knew what was in style etc.. You always knew what to do with hair too.

Joy said...

I Just love all those pretty decorations Sharon, just beautiful! Have a blessed V-day with all those near and dear to you!

Blessings,

Joy =)

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, Your decor is beautiful, and to think you have flowers blooming right now! Amazing! Your post is beautiful about the love you feel for Eric. Have a wonderful evening. xo Rachel

Sharon said...

Hi Joy, Thank you for the comment. I hope you have a great valentine's day with your sweetie too!

Hugs, Sharon

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I have really enjoyed seeing all your Valentine decorations! Great job!

Katherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...