Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Bedroom Progress + An Award From Jan!

I wanted to give you an update on my bedroom. I shopped ALL DAY LONG yesterday for a comforter set and I finally found one! I was praying so much that the Lord would help me find one, and He answered my prayers! Thank you Lord!

A few weeks ago I bought a set and it was all wrong; it a country quilt look in burgundy and creams, and it was just way too busy for the room and took away from the pretty new bed. I thought a solid satin burgundy set would be marvelous, but I went back and spent a day looking and could not find anything, so decided to try catalogs and looking on line. I then finally decided to change my way of thinking and switch the colors, I was going to go with a sage green, but when I went into Macy's I found the perfect set in burgundy like I wanted! It is not solid, it is kind of a tone on tone. Thank you Lord! I will just give you a little peek.


I think it is fabulous and it looks so pretty on the bed. And....it's husband approved!!!I was a bit concerned that it would be too busy against our floral wallpaper, but it looks really good. I think it compliments the new bed perfectly, it enhances the bed, it doesn't take away from it. It has a bit of a regal look. Don't you just love the round pillow??? I found two of them at Ross yesterday for only $6.99 each!

I found this neck roll at Wal-Mart. I can't believe how well it coordinates with the bedding!


I also found the new window treatments at Wal-Mart, I think you'll like them, they are velvet!!!! After I got home Eric and I decided we want to get the panels too, not just the valance, so that means another trip to the store. I love the crystal knobbed curtain rods, aren't they cool!

I am planning on using some of our existing accessories that we had in the "old" room. I love this "Gone with the Wind" lamp. I found it at a thrift store on one of my Bag Lady shopping trips. I believe I only paid $14.99 for it!!!

I love this hand painted china bowl, it is just so pretty and so vintage looking. And what princess room would be complete without a tiara??? LOL! No, I didn't earn this the old fashioned way like a normal self-respecting princess would do, no - I had to buy mine........I found it at a garage sale!

I have some small touches of gold around the room too.

Here is a peek at my dresser, I love the details.


And here is a peek of the headboard, isn't it pretty with the carved design. Eric and I both just love it and we are so happy with it. Having a king size bed has been so nice and it is so comfortable! You might say our room is a little feminine, but Eric loves it and is very supportive. I actually think it is more romantic than feminine and I know my husband is a happy man! :0)

We still have so much to do to get this room in shape for blog worthy photos! I can't just put the new bedding on.....it is a hurking king size mattress that I need a forklift to move! I will have to wait until this afternoon to have Eric help me get the mattress off and remove the first bed skirt that we put on. Then I start the process of trying to get the new bed skirt to fit properly and I think this will involve cutting it strategically to get it to fit around the frame, which scares me, what if I screw it up! Then I can add the bedding and I need to figure something out because the comforter does not come all the way down on the side to hide the mattress. I did buy sheets that coordinate, but I am thinking I might buy some fabric and add a 6 to 8 inch border all the way around the comforter.

We still need to purchase bedside lamps and then, then I think it will be done!!! I had no clue that buying a new bedroom set would cause all this work! It has been fun, but frankly, I'm getting tired! Oh, I am still really, really thankful and excited, it just seems like this is how my life is. In most cases I have to go the long route, no short easy cuts for me. That's okay, I have waited 25+ years for this, I can wait a few more days! I will still end up with a new pretty bedroom!


I'll post the "after" pictures as soon as I can!

***********************************************

Also.........I got an award!
One of my best blogging buddies, Jan @ Bold and Free graciously presented me with this award. I am honored and touched to receive this award. Jan is such an amazing woman, you should go check out her blog.

I have so many fabulous blogging friends to pass this onto, but I will narrow it down to a few of my new friends:

Rachel @
Romantic Porch

Jennifer @ Dust Bunny Hostage

Denise @ Samaritan Women

I hope you enjoy your awards, you deserve them! Thank you again Jan - I think you're fabulous!!

"I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live." Ecclesiastes 3:12

Love & Hugs ~ Sharon

20 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Sharon, Thank you so much. What a sweet kind thing for you to do. You are an inspiration! I can't wait to see the finished bedroom. All the components look lovely. Have a wonderful day. Love,Rachel

JoAnn deShane Young said...

Beautiful bedroom. I too made over my room last year. Isn't it fun?
Blessings,
JoAnn : )

Feathering My Nest said...

Oh your bedding is fabulous. I love it. It is romantic and elegant. I'm so happy for you you have waited so long for this. I only have 15 minutes for blogging today. I wish I had more time, but my life is so busy now.

Love, Kathi

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

It looks like your bedroom is coming along nicely. Isn't decorating so much fun?!! I love it! :)

jennifer said...

Sharon, thank you SO much. You gave me a boost today when I needed it. God is good, isn't he? I will copy it to my site tomorrow and pass it on to three more folks, more deserving than I.
OH, your bedding...FABULOUS! Yes, very regal indeed. Your hubby sounds as understanding as mine...I painted our bedroom pink! Jennifer

Joy said...

The bedroom comforter looks just lovely Sharon! Im sure it will all look so very beautiful. ;)

I feel that the long route is the story of my life too, sorta speak. No easy shortcuts here aswell, I get frustrated at times and worn out by that but it teaches me to patience and to submit my will to Him. I think It also produces endurance in the faith. So the father is working in us a good thing indeed! ;)

Blessings,

Joy =)

SweetAnnee said...

Oh Sharon..I love what I see!!
looks WONDERFUL!!!
great colors and so regal!
woohooh
your a QUEEN
love ya
Deena

Kelli said...

Oooh..just gorgeous, Sharon! I am loving the colors and can't wait to see the room all put together!
Hugs,
Kelli

Feathering My Nest said...

I love your wood furniture too. You have excellent taste! Love, Kathi

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Hi Sharon!
Thank you sweetly for your nice comment today!
Its so cozy here, you've done a wonderful job!
Jo-Anne

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I love the new bedding, your room is going to be gorgeous when you're finished! As for the tiara, I would certainly have believed that you won it if you hadn't told us otherwise. You are beautiful inside and out! Have a great Friday!
Love, Velvia

Denise said...

Beautiful......... I am going to do over my bedroom this spring if my back allows......

Thanks for that nice award...... it was soooooooooo sweet of you.........

nannykim said...

Well it all looks pretty and rich--I was wondering how your husband liked it. I don't think the bedding is to feminine. I find that most of the stores carry such feminine bedspreads!! It is hard to find anything masculine. I basically have given up. I don't think my hubby cares too much as long as the spread stays on the bed ;-). We had one once that slipped off allof the time. Well , got to go to bed!!

Brenda said...

Oh my Im in love. Sharon it will be beautiful. I love the bedding. I had that in sage years ago. Now I have a toile in green. I think im ready to go fancy again. I looked the past two days for a sage. Maybe I need to pray=) he did great for you.

Mary said...

Sharon,

Congratulations on the award. You're very deserving.

I love your headboard and all your other sneak peeks. I also like the round pillows and that "Gone with the Wind Lamp" is AWESOME!!! I would love to have that. I'm a bit old fashioned in my taste.

Thanks for sharing this sneak peek. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos when it is all finished.

Blessings,
Mary

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon...your bedroom goodies are GORGEOUS!
Hugs,
Robin

Jan Parrish said...

I love what I see so far. How long until the unveiling?

I have a lamp like that too - it was my grandmothers and the bottom works as a night light.

I love the tiara. I think you should take a picture of it and post it on your blog. :)

Thanks for your sweet remarks. Did I tell you my sisters name is Sharon.

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon, sweetie I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see the finished bedroom! I know it will be just perfect! Congratulations on your well deserved award too sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mimi said...

I am looking forward to seeing the finished product with your bedroom... the comforter is beautiful... and i really like the "gone with the wind lamp"... I have one like it in blue... and i just love it... it is so romantic to just light the lower globe!!
hurry and get the bed switched over so we can see the entire finished product!!
Mimi

cookiesunshine said...

Oh, it is really coming together. I'm looking forward to seeing the big picture. This has been so much fun to follow!

Cookie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...