Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This is what I am doing today!

This is what I am doing today on my day off! I am cleaning the guest room! Now wait! Before you start judging me and thinking I am some crazy cat lady who hoards everything you need to hear me out!


This is just the left over pieces of furniture and accessories from all the many moves we have had with Kenzie and Cameron moving out and Eric and I getting the new bedroom furniture.


I really do have a plan and I will be getting rid of most of this stuff. It all ended in this room because I wasn't sure if I would use certain pieces or not, so we just put it in this room until we were all done. Now today is the day and I am going to tackle all of it.

My problem is I only have a few hours at a time to work on things. I always have appointments or games or some kind of an event to go to or an errand to run. Like today, at 11:15 I need to pick up Hayden for his dentist appointment and then we are going to lunch. I probably won't be back home until after 1:00. I also need to get the rest of the house clean, make dinner, plan my dinner for tomorrow night because my niece is coming over and I have to work tomorrow, so I need to set the table and make the salad tonight. So really I will just have a few hours to work on this room. I sure hope I can at least make a dent!

Wish me luck!!!

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiates 9:10

Hugs! Sharon

P.S.
Please forgive any spelling errors! Not having spellcheck is a pain! I hope they fix it soon!!!

11 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, I have a room that looks like yours...but sad to say mine looks worse.
It's on my to-do list(soon).

Even tho your day is busy it sounds like a happy one too. Hugs, Linda

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, You always have great plans. I wish I had your planning ability. My whole house has looked like that one room (well a couple of times). I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm getting my hair done by Frank today. It's been 15 weeks since a cut and color. I'm way over due. Hope your lunch with Hayden is fun and special. Love ya, Kathi

Kelly said...

Just do a bit at a time, a little is better then none at all! Keep us posted on your progress!!!

Kelly

fireflynights said...

My guest room looked a lot like that around Christmas with all of the mail order boxes of presents being sent to live there until they were wrapped. It's better now, but we still use it more for storage than a guest room. Someday, I hope, we'll finally get everything out of there that doesn't belong there.

the teach said...

Can't wait to see the room when it's done, Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can think of all kinds of possibilities with all those treasures! :) Have fun!

Gina

Sarah said...

Having no spellcheck is annoying.

Hope you finish your project. I have quite a few hidey-holes that are crammed with stuff!

Hugs.

Mimi said...

Hey,
that's what they make doors for... shut the door and don't worry about it until you have overnight guests...then is the time to panic...
so go ahead and prepare your dinner for tomorrow night and the room will still be there after you enjoy your niece!!!
hugs,
Mimi

Jan Parrish said...

So do you have cats? I've not seen any pictures so I'm thinking not. You don't seem crazy but I'd have to evaluate you to be sure. JK. LOL.

Candy :) said...

Im wishing you "good luck" :)
I love organizing and if I lived near you, I would come over and help!
I didnt realize everyone was having spell check issues, I thought it was just my blog LOL
Well, I hope they fix it soon too!

:)
Hugs
Candy

jennifer said...

AACK! You should see my garage. And I don't have an excuse. Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...