Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Small Blessing

This might not look that exciting to you, it is a roll of wallpaper border that I found at Goodwill.


It was only $1.99 and then 50% off! So I only paid a buck!


The thing why I am sooooo thrilled is because I purchased this exact same border probably 8 years ago and used it in our bonus room. I found it at Target and I purchased the valances to go with it and decorative pillows. The room was very cute.

About two years later we decided we wanted some character to our home, so my husband added two dormers to the front of the house and we had to tear into this room. I thankfully had enough wall paper left, but I didn't have any more border.


I went to Target to get more and it had been too long, they no longer carried it. I went on line, I looked everywhere; I could not find any. I stopped and prayed and asked God to bless me with this border. I go to Him with the smallest things because I know that He cares for me. Mind you, I do not go to him with a shopping list of "I wants". I was raised to take my burdens to him in prayer and this was a burden to me, as insignificant as it is compared to major life issues, it is still something that mattered to me.

So we have been living like this for several years. In the meantime, we decided to let the boys change rooms and spread out a little, (they were doubled up in their rooms) so Mackenzie got the bonus room and used it for his music studio. It didn't seem to be such a priority to fix the wallpaper. So the walls remained looking like this.


I prayed that God would help me find that border and I kept thinking - God will bless me with that border, I just know it! So every time I went to Goodwill, I would search through the wallpaper area and look for my border. I couldn't believe it the other day when..........there it was (envision a sunbeam coming down and shinning on it with a choir singing). I grabbed it up so fast and said, "Thank you Lord! I knew you would provide"! I don't know why I had to wait so long, but that is okay, God blessed me with my border!!!

Now I just need to find some time to finish this little project up! Isn't that a blessing though! I hope that you don't think I am being trivial by praying to the Lord for small things, but He does care about the smallest things in our life and I give Him the glory for answering this little prayer of mine.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6


Have a beautiful Tuesday!


~ Sharon

17 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Don't you just LOVE it when that happens!! Good for you!
Hugs,
Robin

Rachel said...

Sharon, How wonderful. Now you will feel like your room is completed! I know God cares about the little details. I finally played the game where you tagged me. Drop over and see what I wrote. Have a wonderful day. xoRachel

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, You are faithful in prayer, and you submit your needs to the Lord, and He is faithful and answers. I'm so happy for you. What an awesome blessing~just knowing that God put that there for you to find. I believe God coudn't wait to surprise you!

I just got through telling someone, I think it was Liz, that you ask for the tiniest needs and details too, and how much God answers those little requests.

Hugs and love, Kathi

Kelly said...

What an awesome provision, Sharon! I absolutely ADORE that wallpaper - it's gorgeous! It reminds me of the vintage floral wallpaper that we found underneath of the paneling in our bathroom. Beautiful!

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
What a great blessing! I believe God cares about even the little things in our lives also. He loves us and blesses us in ways that matter to us individually. I've had similar experiences where He has provided things for me that would seem insignificant to anyone else, but to me they were important. Such amazing love He has for his children!
Love, Velvia

SweetAnnee said...

TA DA!!
tis so awesome..


did you exclaim when you saw it??

Sarah said...

What a great blessing.

jennifer said...

If God had given you an instant yes to your prayer would if have made this impression on you? Sometimes he will let us wait to show that He is faithful and just, that he hears our prayers and will answer in His time. I love this story. Thank you for sharing - Jennifer

jennifer said...

Lost first message and now I am re-writing. What I think I said was;
If God had answered your prayer with and immediate yes, would it have made this impression on you? He has allowed you to see that He is faithful and just and will answer prayer is His time for His glory! Enjoyed this post - Jennifer

Sondra said...

That is so wonderful that you finally found that matching border. Don't you love it when even your small prayers are answered. We have been really wanting to add dormers to our house. I think it would really add something to it. Was it a very difficult project?

Stephanie said...

I love it when things happen like that, God is great :)
Stephanie

Brenda said...

Haha that is amazing girl. You are so blessed.

nannykim said...

It sometimes means more to me when He answers what seems like an insignificant or unimportant thing, because it shows how intimate He is---He is so glorious in the big and in the small things of life, isn't HE?!!

Kelly said...

haha! I just emailed a friend and told her I would pray for her computer because it was giving her such a hard time!!! So your wallpaper and my computer prayer!
Mine will be answered for my dear friend just as yours was for finding that!!! we can pray for anything, God hears us! he may even chuckle sometimes!!

kelly

Jan Parrish said...

I love how our Father God cares about the things some might consider insignificant. He cares about all aspects of your life and He demonstrated that by blessing you with this wonderful border.

Jan Parrish said...

Come over to my place. I have something for you. :)

cookiesunshine said...

beautiful!

cookie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...