Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Girls!

As you know, I have four sons and I was not blessed with daughters. This has always been okay with me. I have been so happy and fullfilled with my sons and I am thankful that I never got really sad or depressed about not having any daughters. Oh, I guess just a couple of times I wondered what she would have looked like if I had a little girl, but really I never had an empty spot in my heart because of it. God has blessed me with such wonderful boys and I have always felt very fulfilled with my kids, my husband and our life together.


But now that they are growing up and I have started to feel the pangs of empty nest, the Lord has blessed me with all these wonderful young women around me and it truly has been a blessing! Above is a picture of Mackenzie's girlfriend Brittany and my neice Whitney.


Whitney is my sister Kelli's daughter. I invited her over to our home for dinner on Thursday night. I also invited Britany and Grayson's girlfriend Rachelle. We had lasagne, salad and bread and I made a cake for dessert. We all went to Hayden's basketball game first. Here is a picture of Rachelle from another evening, I am so mad at myself for not getting a picture of all three girls together. We had such a lovely evening, it was so nice to have all these young ladies around, it was really, really nice. My hubby, Grayson and Hayden were with us too, but this post is about girls this time!!!
Then yesterday afternoon I had coffee with Lisa and Desi. They are my son Cameron's good friends. They also are lovely Christian women. We had such a great conversation at a lovely little coffee house. We visited for hours about every subject under the sun.


I feel so blessed to have all these girls around, I just never really thought much about how enjoyable this season of my life would be and that this is an added bonus to have the young ladies around. I want to be a Godly example for them and be a Titus 2 woman and teach the younger women. I also have seven other beautiful nieces that are not in these pictures, Jillian, Michaela, Victoria, Jessica, Jade, Alex, Drew. 


"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2-3:5


Have a great weekend!


~ Sharon


P.S. If any of you girls are reading this,  please know that I love you!!!!

15 comments:

Lille meg said...

Wise words, Sharon! You seems to be satisfied about what you have, and that is a blessing, too.
I myself never got children, and that was a sorrow to my husband an me.But though we had a happy marrige.I miss him so much, he passed last year.
We need to learn that lesson you indeed has learned: to be satisfied about what we have.
Have a blessed weekend!

Mimi said...

what a wonderful tribute to all the young ladies in your life you are such a loving person...I believe you would make anyone feel welcome in your home...I would say that you are "The great entertainer"...
smiles,
Mimi

Sarah said...

They look lovely young ladies, how blessed they are to know you :)

I've tagged you for a meme if you are happy to do them :)

Hugs.

Sarah x

Kelly said...

Sharon ~
You are for sure my Titus 2 woman!!!!! I can only hope that some day I may reflect the same goodness to some young girl! I have so much to learn!!!

Kelly

Barbara H. said...

I am in a similar situation with three boys. Unfortunately I haver had those pangs about not having a girl, but I remind myself the Lord didn't send one so that must have been best for our family.

My middle son has a girlfriend now, and it has been fun having a girl around!

Brenda said...

That looks like such fun.I would love to have women to be with sometime. Maybe im not ready as the scripture says. That was a great one Sharon and needed it. Have a blessed weekend.
PS. did I miss the bedroom pictures? I have been waiting for the big day.

Daughter of the King said...

What a wonderful post about some wonderful girls, ladies, the Lord has brought into your life.
God is GOOD....
Deby

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

You do have a lovely bunch of girls in your life! God has richly blessed you!

Gina

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, It is so exciting to see God answer the prayer of your heart. These girls are such a blessing in your life. Instead of losing your boys as they get older, you truly are gaining daughters and building a friendship with them. You also have all of your neices~all six of them! Yay! They all think you are the cool aunt!!

I love you, Kathi

jennifer said...

Girls are great but my boy has been EASIER. I'm glad you embrace the girls around you as YOURS and make them feel loved. Everyone needs positive people in our lives! Enjoyed the post and pictures - Jennifer

Feathering My Nest said...

I forgot to tell you, I loved that picture of the boy stearing the ship and Jesus was right behind him guiding him. What an awesome picture of how Jesus loves us and will never leave us.

Love, Kathi

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh, Sharon, SO SWEET. Love,Rachel

jennifer said...

psst, Sharon, I had a '66 Mustang too, during the 80's. It didn't have air conditioning and it blew my big 80's hair around so I hated it during the summer. My parents bought me a new car my senior year, a Beretta, PUH! I wish I had my Mustang back! Jennifer

Sondra said...

Sounds like a wonderful time you had with the girls. I am still waiting for girls to come into my family :( Of course I do not want to rush the boys! That autograph book is so cool. I love the shape of the pages. What a neat item to have!

Penless Thoughts said...

What a sweet post, Sharon!!! God fills in our lives. Just think someday you will have a daughter-in-love and perhaps a granddaughter!!!! Much to look forward to.
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...