Monday, February 4, 2008

I got a Valentine!


Anni at Hootin' Anni's gave me a valentine! Isn't it cute! She thinks it's Grrr-8 2 B my Blog Buddy! And I think she is a Grrr-8 Blog Buddy too! She is always so up and encouraging! Sometimes it just amazes me how I have established real friendships with people I have never met face to face. I guess it is like the old days when people had pen pals; sometimes people would write to someone across the world for years and become close friends and then finally meet. I have said it before and I want to keep saying it until we can figure out a way to do it......I think we should have a blogging convention and we could all finally meet! Wouldn't that be fun!

I just love this valentine because it looks so much like the valentines that I recieved when I was a girl in the late 60s. I don't think they are nearly as cute as they used to be. I have saved a few of my son's that they received and they just don't seem as special, the art is just not the same. I really love the really old vintage valentines from the turn of the century, they are truly works of art and beautitful!

I will be making a valentine to pass out to all of my friends in the next week. I also will be sharing my valentine decorations this week, and as per my usual, I have a lot! Not as many things as my Fall and Christmas decorations of course!

One more little thing. A lot of you have been asking me when I will post pictures of our new bedroom set. I will post them as soon as I get the bedding and have it all the way I want it to be. Right now we still have our old queen bedding on a king mattress, so it does not look super good! I am having trouble finding exactly what we need. I know what I want in my head, but can't find it anywhere, so we are still searching! We also need to get new window treatments and lamps. So hold on, it will be a couple of weeks.

Have a wonderful day!

~ Sharon

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I am trying to be patient!!!

nannykim said...

Well, you will have to make some kind of grand announcement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...