Monday, February 25, 2008

End of B-Ball Season

This past weekend has been kind of blurry as I have been sick and laid on the couch all day yesterday, I hope I have a better day today. Saturday was the last basketball game for Hayden. It was an all day tournament that Eric and I went to. Now the season is all over. Here are a few pictures of Hayden throughout the season.
He is number 5. He did really well, but the team did not, they only won two games the whole season :0(
Hayden enjoyed the season and we enjoyed watching him.

Sports has been a real positive thing for our kids, it teaches them hard work, discipline, commitment and teamwork.

Here he is at the free throw line and ...................
He made it!!
You can see how hard he works - he's a little out of breath and a little sweaty!! This picture was taken right after one of his games.


The above photo is my favorite. It seems kind of artsy to me. I like it because it shows the beautiful hard wood floor of the gym and their school mascot which is a tiger. It kind of represents a few things:

1. The game is over.

2. The season is over.

3. He is my last boy to play basketball at this middle school.

4. This is the last game anybody will play basketball in this gym because it will get torn down this summer as we are getting a brand new middle school in our town.

One more fun thing. Below is a cool video of Hayden that one of his friends took. It was at an open gym practice at the high school and him and his friends were messing around. They were trying to make half court shots standing backwards and they actually caught it on film when Hayden did it! This was taken a few weeks ago when his hair was still dyed black and he is wearing the red t-shirt. You'll see him try a couple of times and get really close and then he tries again and you'll see what happened! Please forgive the quality as it was taken on a cell phone. Click the gray arrow on the bottom left twice to open it. I hope it works for you!




"O clap your hands, all peoples; Shout to God with the voice of joy." Psalm 47:1


Have a happy Monday!

Hugs ~ Sharon

15 comments:

jennifer said...

You are a supportive Mom, Mrs. Sharon. It's very obvious you adore your kids! He's a good looking kid too. Enjoy your break from basketball. Until next year? Jennifer

Brenda said...

sorry you have felt bad. I know it is sad when the season is over,but almost sweet because it takes so much time. I remember when chancey played football.. we stayed so pumped when the season was over I didn't know what to do with myself for awhile. Hope you feel better today.

Sarah said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Great photos.

Hugs.

Sarah

Jan Parrish said...

Oh, basketball. I am working on a story for Chicken Soup for the Basketball lovers Soul. Only I don't like basketball. It'll be interesting.

I went to every bball game my little brother was in. (I had a book with me half the time.)

I spent my whole freshman and sophomore year of High school dodging the basketball coach. He was trying to get me to play because I'm so tall. But I don't like contact sports. He finally gave up. Did I mention the coach was my Uncle? LOL

Cool video. :)

Tammy said...

So fun to see these pictures...it's great when kids can find something they really enjoy like this!

I hope you feel better...I had an awful case of the flu earlier this month, so I understand! And I have been reading so many blogs where everyone's sick!

Hope you can stop by again when you have time (and feel better!)

Blessings,
~Tammy

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry you are sick. What cha got? Is it the one that makes your whole head feel huge and heavy, and your eyes hurt? That's what we had accompanied by a fever. I hope you feel better very soon.

I know it is kinda sad to have the last game of the season. I hope you get rested from less activity for awhile.

That's so cool tht Hayden made the shot and they got it on film.

I love picture of the lady on the couch~~so cute.

Today is a very busy day for me, can't stop to tell about it just now. I tried to call you this morning. Love ya, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Those are my high school colors! :)

I hope you are feeling better very soon.

FYI, I decided to write just on my xanga. I can't keep up writing on both and I'm afraid my heart belongs there. :)

God bless you

Gina

Tammy said...

He is a cutie patootie that is for sure!

Have a wonderful day!

nannykim said...

Rest--hope you start feeling better. I think it is kind of sad when they have to take down a place with so many memories, you know?

Cottage Contessa said...

Congratulations to Hayden on a fantastic season for him personally, if not for the team. Sharon sweetie, you are a totally awesome mum!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I'm so sorry you've been ill, I hope you feel better very soon. The basketball pictures of Hayden are great, it's always a little sad when the season is over, isn't it?

I was finally able to post pictures of my family to my blog. Stop by when you get a chance.
Love, Velvia

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, I hope you are feeling better today.
I enjoyed all the photos and that center court shot was cool...swish. Hugs, Linda

Kelly said...

Oh Sharon, be better soon! I wish I could bring you a cup of tea, a warm bowl of soup, a cuddly chenile blanket, and your favorite book or magazine!

The pictures are fantastic, they would make great ones for a sports scrapbook!

Kelly

PS...I am addicted to this song you have on here.......it just pulls you in doesn't it.....its like when I hear it I feel like just getting down on my knees and repeating thank you God....thank you God.....

Sondra said...

Aaron had his last game too. They did not win any this year. I really wanted them to win the last one. With the situation with his dad we tried to pack the stands out for him. I think he had more fans than the whole other team! He had a good time playing tho and that is all that matters. I am glad that the spell check is fixed too but are you having problems with uploading your photos too?

SweetAnnee said...

Lots of milestones..
and new beginnings!!
Hayden did AWESOME

what blessings you share my friend.
love ya
Deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...